Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I play on a 560$ custom made pc. It runs wow nicely. My only issue is living in China. I play anywhere from 2000-14000 ms *world*
    There is a massive difference in a $560 custom PC and a $600 Laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    During raid today it was like 35-45 at 1080p and maybe once in a while it took a dip to 25 but it was perfectly playable no sluggish behavior at all. And that's without any tweaks.
    First off by raids do you mean LFR?

Second video or it didn't happen....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is a massive difference in a $560 custom PC and a $600 Laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

First off by raids do you mean LFR?

Second video or it didn't happen....
    I don't feel like loading up OBS at the moment. I've been posting since 2007. You can trust me.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

During raid today it was like 35-45 at 1080p and maybe once in a while it took a dip to 25 but it was perfectly playable no sluggish behavior at all. And that's without any tweaks.
    "dips to 25" and "no sluggish behavior" , if you say so mate. im going to bed and tomorrow ill enjoy my 9700k at 5.1ghz 3200mhz ram and 1080ti. yeah its overkill for wow but i play other games too.

I don't feel like loading up OBS at the moment. I've been posting since 2007. You can trust me.
    How long you have been posting does not matter at all.

Also you didn't answer my question on if by Raiding you mean LFR. Because if it is LFR then it isn't surprising if you actually did hit those FPS (for a moment) seeing how LFR downgrades the effects of both the players and the mobs/bosses massively no matter your default graphic settings.

So ether it was LFR and by some chance you hit that number (before a boss pull and after its dead) or your lying.

Ether way your Laptop isn't a Gaming Laptop and you should expect to replace it within a year (two at most) if you play on it a lot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Solid business and media laptop for browsing, netflix and office suite. Don't expect to game on it in other than old games. I doubt you can play WoW well on it unless you turn the graphics back down to 2007 and stick to solo questing. I think that's overpriced, i'd pay 400$ at most.

How long you have been posting does not matter at all.

Also you didn't answer my question on if by Raiding you mean LFR. Because if it is LFR then it isn't surprising if you actually did hit those FPS (for a moment) seeing how LFR downgrades the effects of both the players and the mobs/bosses massively no matter your default graphic settings.

So ether it was LFR and by some chance you hit that number (before a boss pull and after its dead) or your lying.

Ether way your Laptop isn't a Gaming Laptop and you should expect to replace it within a year (two at most) if you play on it a lot.
    OK, just report this guy. You don't EVER EVER EVER wander in a thread where someone is trying to be helpful and review a lower end gaming laptop and start calling the OP liar etc. This is just instinct. Get THIS guy out of here. This guy wants a timeout so he can sit and rethink how to discuss on the internet. So give it to him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB (power level of a 1030)

Is this a joke?
    I would not call 1050 a gaming laptop.

2GB? Which year is this?

Here's 35-45 fps on normal MOTHER

https://vimeo.com/309206659

OK, just report this guy. You don't EVER EVER EVER wander in a thread where someone is trying to be helpful and review a lower end gaming laptop and start calling the OP liar etc. This is just instinct. Get THIS guy out of here. This guy wants a timeout so he can sit and rethink how to discuss on the internet. So give it to him.
    Yes report me for stating a fact that you do not like.

I don't know what your deal is or your actual reason for making this thread but you did not buy a gaming Laptop and the spec's at that price range (as I have already proven) are a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's 35-45 fps on normal MOTHER
    Your standing still and don't even show the whole fight.......

Even more so that fight where as it goes on more happens due to the beams and the add's/floor heating up.

Also you just going to the raid settings proves nothing cause even in LFR it will show normal and whatever size you last checked before entering the raid.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-01-03 at 02:43 AM.

Getting 55 FPS here

https://vimeo.com/309207294

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not responding to you jtbrig again. Its just not gonna happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    55 fps at quality 4 at 1776x999 resolution (wtf kind of resolution is that anyway?) in a raid that appears to be LFR, considering the amount of time you spend not doing anything.

Great. You bought a laptop. Congrats. It's really not a gaming laptop, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    55 fps at quality 4 at 1776x999 resolution (wtf kind of resolution is that anyway?) in a raid that appears to be LFR, considering the amount of time you spend not doing anything.

I gave up replying to the OP honestly, It all seems like Buyer's remorse or something. I can get Wow to run on my $100 netbook, That doesn't make it a gaming Laptop lol.

Like I said early'er that "$200" he saved getting it could have gotten him a much better Gaming Laptop or hell just go to a pawnshop and buy a used Alienware for like $500.

Also if he keeps "gaming" on it, Then its very likely he will need to replace it within a year or two because the cooling will be shit and he will just burn up the laptop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I gave up replying to the OP honestly, It all seems like Buyer's remorse or something. I can get Wow to run on my $100 netbook, That doesn't make it a gaming Laptop lol.

Like I said early'er that "$200" he saved getting it could have gotten him a much better Gaming Laptop or hell just go to a pawnshop and buy a used Alienware for like $500.

Also if he keeps "gaming" on it, Then its very likely he will need to replace it within a year or two because the cooling will be shit and he will just burn up the laptop.
    That's just a sever case of reality denial thread.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post

Not to mention, he appears fairly well zoomed in so the screen isn't capturing all of the effects going around him. I am sure that max range would show much lower FPS, as well as if he would actually move his toon around and do something.

At this point it really feels like a troll post gone wrong. @Op - just stop arguing at this point. As this guy said, congrats you bought a laptop. This isn't a review post, it's a boast post except its like saying you just found the best turd in the toilet.

15+ Year Old Account
    My post was not intended as a green flag for attacking the OP. That's still not permitted. Posts should be related to the laptop, its performance, etc. Ad hominem should not be involved.

Let's count this as a Thread Warning.

Perfect candidate for shadow.tech assuming they've deployed servers near you. You'll be able to play every game at max settings on budget laptops. Big bonus is your lap won't be on fire from your GPU/CPU. Basically they give you a virtual windows 10 machine with a gigabit internet connection. They also have superior routing so in many cases you can lower your overall latency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarock View Post
    Perfect candidate for shadow.tech assuming they've deployed servers near you. You'll be able to play every game at max settings on budget laptops. Big bonus is your lap won't be on fire from your GPU/CPU. Basically they give you a virtual windows 10 machine with a gigabit internet connection. They also have superior routing so in many cases you can lower your overall latency.
    If it's anything like steam in-home streaming I'll pass. Even that has extra latency and the quality is noticebly worse on a wired connection. I'll take high settings on my own hardware over ultra on compressed laggy remote shit any day.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    If it's anything like steam in-home streaming I'll pass. Even that has extra latency and the quality is noticebly worse on a wired connection. I'll take high settings on my own hardware over ultra on compressed laggy remote shit any day.
    Cloud gaming: getting 100+ FPS while playing with multiple second INPUT LAG. LOL.

Just take a look at audio-recording with instruments, insanely low input lag is the standard and still in most cases you end up using the direct monitoring for playing. I would not assume any breakthroughs for "PC gaming".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Cloud gaming: getting 100+ FPS while playing with multiple second INPUT LAG. LOL.

Just take a look at audio-recording with instruments, insanely low input lag is the standard and still in most cases you end up using the direct monitoring for playing. I would not assume any breakthroughs for "PC gaming".
    Shadow (the company mentioned before) claims what like, 20ms of delay added by using their services.. Which I'll kinda believe, if you're sitting in their data center.

I had my 1st issue with the new laptop today. Windows 10 did an automatic update and my FPS as suddenly capped at 60 and it ran at 20-25 FPS in raids. vsync is off. I solved it by going into the retail folder, right-clicking on the wow executable, selecting properties, and then checking the box that says "disable fullscreen optimizations". Also set the same setting on the desktop icon. FPS is back to amazing again!

As a precaution, I disabled Windows 10 automatic updates by setting wifi to "metered".
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-18 at 10:04 AM.