Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Assuming they can afford it. I remember a few times I had to pick and choose. I also remember how strong they where. Many a times I had to question if the others in the group had the right rank spell just to find out that no, they where a few ranks behind.

People are going to realize real fast that things like that are not fun.
    Ya that was pretty standard, if you arent going out of your way to farm gold you cant train everything up as you level.

Not sure i see a problem with this either, what is "not fun" about people learning their spec better since they have to make an active decision on what to train up?

Maybe im weird but i view nearly every system in classic as superior to now, it was clear the original devs simply had more passion for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenist View Post
    You has to be joking, LOL
    Eh I'd say he's half right. The content is there right now but personally I just don't find it appealing.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    God this entire threads premise is so absurdly stupid...

Sure, in a time where there is unheard of demand for IT people on the market, companies will in fact lay off developers, because the project they work on is less popular with the audience...and then go on to hire new developers (of which there are few) for other projects.

Because clearely, project reassignment is something far beyond the scope of a multibillion $ companies abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya that was pretty standard, if you arent going out of your way to farm gold you cant train everything up as you level.

Not sure i see a problem with this either, what is "not fun" about people learning their spec better since they have to make an active decision on what to train up?

Maybe im weird but i view nearly every system in classic as superior to now, it was clear the original devs simply had more passion for the game.
    Having an active decision doesn't make them learn their spec smarter. Know what I would rank up first? The button I hit the most. I didn't learn anything about my spec at all from leveling.

I do miss the old talent trees, simply because they felt rewarding getting new points. You got to watch your power grow. Even if it was basically cookie cutter. But, yet again, it still is cookie cutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It wont matter. Since its tied to retail subscriptions, its a win/win no matter what. They keep developing new expansions and bringing in the old as well. The only real question is, will classic bring any customers? Lets face it, private servers where popular not because of being purely classic, but because it was also free. They didn't have to pay a dime. That alone justified the fact that it never got updated or changed.

Further more, we can say with a pretty good amount of certainty that it won't keep a huge population interested. 40 man raids will be a pain in the butt to organize or even run. There is nothing tieing it to retail, so any transmog or mounts or titles wont transfer over, so collectors wont be interested in joining.

Honestly? I just don't see many people playing it. I played in bc / wrath. I remember having to farm money for reagents to cast spells, or ammo just so I could actually dps on a hunter. I remember having warlocks being crap during trash because they needed to farm soul shards rather then focusing on dps, and having a special bag for them to boot. People are going to realize that a lot of QoL changes are also going to be gone from vanilla. They'll have to farm reagents just to dps / buff so they can actually do dungeons or raids. The entire mentality of the average player is changed to the point where I doubt most will want to spend hours farming for that stuff.

Maybe that is their goal. Show people how it was vs now and hope they see that its better. But, like I said, the devs have nothing to worry about since its all money in the bank.
    As a long time hardcore player, now gone casual. I very much prefer playing vanilla WoW to current WoW, both as a hardcore player and even more so as a casual player. I can barely even stomach logging on anymore on current WoW, all the exciting stuff is gone and buried, epics are daily trash piles to dig through.

When classic releases i will simply spend majority of my many many hours upon hours on just very slowly enjoying the leveling experience. Because even THAT is 1000 times better than current WoW. It's better than current WoW because it was an actual RPG game. It certainly isnt one anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There will be new content for BfA and future expansions. Good luck raiding Naxx over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for the next 10 years in Classic. I hear putting together and maintaining a 40 man raid group is real easy.
    god people like you annoy me, have fun in BFA then buddy, we will all be having in classic wow. BFA is such a gutted soul less game, could care less about how much "better" the raids are. Classic wow actually has a soul and you feel part of a world rather than a dead activition hamster wheel that BFA is
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Highly doubt it will be top for 'a few weeks'. A few days at most. Then as you say, people will get bored and life will continue back to everyone watching Ninja play Fortnite.

(I do not have any feelings toward fortnite or ninja - just looking off of the historical records of twitch viewership)
    I doubt it will even top "few days". WoW very rarely gets to top twitch streams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Hundreds of thousand will play at launch, get to what, level 40 maaaaaaybe 50, realise it's not for and go back to BFA.
    Lmfao nice joke. Aint nobody going back to BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Hundreds of thousand will play at launch, get to what, level 40 maaaaaaybe 50, realise it's not for and go back to BFA. I'd say something around 100k will stay?
    Exactly what I did back in the days except for the part in bold. Leveled my first character to 50, then another one to 40, then quit due to real life. Then bought wow again in NA because it was just that good of a game that I bought it twice, then leveled again, bought TBC. Almost 1 year of fun gameplay just in the Vanilla Era. And all that without even scratching the surface of the endgame. Yes, vanilla was that good. Now retail can’t even get me to buy the expansion box since Pandaria, despite steep discounts a few months after the exp launches.
    Last edited by parcus; 2019-01-07 at 01:33 PM.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    Lmfao nice joke. Aint nobody going back to BFA.
    Compared to the Classic Demo we had access to during BlizzCon, BfA is 1000x better than Classic..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Compared to the Classic Demo we had access to during BlizzCon, BfA is 1000x better than Classic..
    Compared to retail, I had 1000x more desire to play the demo than retail; retail is worse than a DEMO!!!! Heck, I’d play the original age of conan before retail if it were available, and that mmo was a broken mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Maybe for the number of viewers on Twitch.
    At the first week maybe, after that no way. WoW is such a boring game to watch, esspecially vanilla. Theres no way we will have 100k people watch exp grind, herb grind or one hour tradechat spam for groups and find it entertainin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's going to be a phase, lots will jump the bangwagon and claim "THIS IS WOW". then the endgame and grind sets in with absolutely nothing to do bar raiding or hoping to relive the SS/TM battles (that will die out rather quickly) while people grind same AV for 5 days straight (which is fun in the beginning for sure but also gets dull after a while). I was there, played from day1, raided mc, bwl, aq40 and parts of naxx... it was awesome but it's freakingly far from how polished and good the game is now (bar the current state which isn't really that hot tbf)... and if you are not 100% into grinding 24/7, Vanilla is nothing for u and that will be the case for the vast majority of the playerbase testing out classic... so my prediction = big spike followed by a massive drop and eventually sitting on like 100k semi-active users 1 year down the road.

Game was awesome back then but by todays standard and how the playerbase works, it wont be that successful, it's only a handful of people that will be able to truly enjoy Classic IF Blizzard keep true to Vanilla and wont add shitload of the modern features but keep it true to the original game.

So, you spent thousands of hours in Vanilla, had a lot of fun, now you don’t want to do it again, but because you don’t want to do it again this makes the game boring for other people as well, ok. Sounds like legit reasoning.

That also means ALL old movies will be considered trash to the modern audience. Star Wars IV-VI, what a slow paced piece of garbage lacking the modern improved special effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Years of listening to that “you think you do, but you don’t” idiot has made the community braindead.
    Last edited by parcus; 2019-01-07 at 02:17 PM.

If Classic is anything to what I remember it being, the newer players will mess with it for a week and never touch it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I can't quite decide...

Either you are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, or you are desperatly trying to rationalize the dumb decision to buy the piece of crap called BfA. Neither speaks well of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celadir View Post
    If Classic is anything to what I remember it being, the newer players will mess with it for a week and never touch it again.
    Suits me.

The fewer "LF Tank M+6 checking rio 1200+ no retards" morons we have in our new game, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by wegwacc View Post
    I can't quite decide...

Either you are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, or you are desperatly trying to rationalize the dumb decision to buy the piece of crap called BfA. Neither speaks well of you.
    Aren't you trying to rationalize why the other poster might enjoy retail while you do not? How does insulting him and basically saying he's wrong to like BfA speaks well of you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Hahaha.

It will be the top game on Twitch for a few weeks and be played a lot for about a month then people will get bored and move on.
    So pretty much same as current retail. Well retail was dead in 4 weeks so classic will endure bit more i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The retail devs aren't worried about their job, theres no way to monetize classic to make a ton of money, and they need the retail devs to make new xpacs and patches for retail.

It's a stupid notion, esp since we know they've been cost cutting everything -except- the dev teams to push out more content/games.

Stupid thread is stupid.

People hate retail and want classic, they're a minority.

People hate classic and want retail only, they're a majority.

Both come here to argue how bad the other game is.

More at 11.

Deleted
    People what want classic do not hate retail and definitly are not minority. And people what hate classic hate it becouse their are afraid of classic being more popular than retail.And no people are alredy sick of yearly releases of same rehashed content. If Blizzard wants be at top again they have to inovate, quit figuring out how to monitaze their games and take risks otherwise bye bye blizzi. And pushing out more content and games wont help them.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2019-01-10 at 12:47 AM.