Poll: How often do you try new foods, or experiment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No, just english.

Ethnic group

An ethnic group or an ethnicity, is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities such as common ancestry, language, history, society, culture or nation. Ethnicity is usually an inherited status based on the society in which one lives.
    thank you for proving my point, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Nah, he's not entirely wrong. One of the major factors in the difference between medieval and modern European cuisine was a shift away from the heavy use of spices after they become more widely available during the Renaissance - thus European 'haute cuisine' and Western food by extension tends to be much more lightly seasoned than equivalents you'd find in places like India or China.

As for what internationally is perceived as "American" cuisine, this is a function of the US having a very high population of northern European immigrants and, as is well known, the further north in Europe you go the progressively more awful the food gets. There are regional cuisines that don't fit this mold, however - Southern cuisine tends to be much more flavorful.

Go figure, we invaded the world for spices and hardly ever use them. Lol.
    Or spicy as some of my relatives would describe it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha seen her videos on FB, always a fav,that's one lucky family she has.
    Yeah, my mom tagged it to me or something... what ever the Facebook thing is called. I wasn’t making the games today, so didn’t get everything I needed... had to get back to see Veneteri play his last game... was hoping to see a good game, but I guess that was more historic. Shit game though...

Edit: By the way... not to be a direct TV now whore... I don’t have link to get free stuff or anything. But, damn... I am posting on an iPad and have a little picture in picture screen to watch the game. Fucking brilliant... take my money... need more of these... like 4 at the same time... information overload!!!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-01-13 at 02:18 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    thank you for proving my point, I guess?
    Nah you didn't have a point, otherwise you would have been specific. Not sure how you would refer to my explanation as bad english, unless that is simply your opinion, if that is the case then, ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, my mom tagged it to me or something... what ever the Facebook thing is called. I wasn’t making the games today, so didn’t get everything I needed... had to get back to see Veneteri play his last game... was hoping to see a good game, but I guess that was more historic. Shit game though...
    Yeah well outside of videos they have now, I was never sure what Facebook was really for, but apparently it's replaced by instagram, less mmo more FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well outside of videos they have now, I was never sure what Facebook was really for, but apparently it's replaced by instagram, less mmo more FPS.
    Mine is set to private. I have maybe 10 people linked and it’s my family or my gf’s family and a couple of friends I don’t actually think have been friends for years. My gf and I share the account... I just post strange or cool food I make...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Mine is set to private. I have maybe 10 people linked and it’s my family or my gf’s family and a couple of friends I don’t actually think have been friends for years. My gf and I share the account... I just post strange or cool food I make...
    Smart way to play it, however you are going to miss out on exciting opportunities to help fleeing royalty, transfer their millions of dollars to the U.S. Between that and meaningless religious adverts disguised as motivational sayings

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart way to play it, however you are going to miss out on exciting opportunities to help fleeing royalty, transfer their millions of dollars to the U.S. Between that and meaningless religious adverts disguised as motivational sayings
    I had email in the 90s... it’s okay...

To get us back on topic, making this for the games tomorrow:

Any kind of food, possibly, just maybe particular ways they can be prepared, some are exclusive inventions, but whatever you like.
    I think you mean foreign food maybe?
    As in food that doesn't come from where you live?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathet View Post
    What is ethnic food?
    even Pizza counts, if it is italian style

Ethiopian is really good. I didn't used to be an adventurous eater at all until I became plant-based. My main limitation now is I'm extremely sensitive to hot spices, so that makes certain cuisines a pain (literally).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Dude, just try everything. Drop by every ethnic restaurant and just ask what's popular. And please don't go to Panda Express and the like, and think you're eating authentic Chinese food.

Most authentic Asian foods are readily available to me, they're no longer "ethnic" but rather just the usual. I find Central and Eastern European food more "interesting" than Asian food because it's a lot more difficult to find.

The only food from African countries that I haven't tried (besides North African) is Ethiopian so I'm definitely eager to try out Senegalese cuisine.

BTW: The sausage on your picture is not a Bratwurst. That's a Weißwurst (white sausage) typical for Bavaria which are boiled in hot water and eaten with sweet mustard. Bavarians love them, most other Germans hate them. The one and only Bratwurst comes from Thuringia, is grilled on the barbecue and you eat it with proper spicy mustard in a breadroll. Totally not biased

Germany has got countless numbers of different sausages, though. Each region can be vastly different from the other.

About your question:
    I always try traditional food when travelling around. I think that the cuisine of a country can tell you a lot about its culture and personality.
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-01-13 at 03:23 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually down to try anything.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized that British food would be considered 'ethnic' food to me. Other than that, I've never had East Indian and maybe French food. Not big on creams.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Nah, he's not entirely wrong. One of the major factors in the difference between medieval and modern European cuisine was a shift away from the heavy use of spices after they become more widely available during the Renaissance - thus European 'haute cuisine' and Western food by extension tends to be much more lightly seasoned than equivalents you'd find in places like India or China.

As for what internationally is perceived as "American" cuisine, this is a function of the US having a very high population of northern European immigrants and, as is well known, the further north in Europe you go the progressively more awful the food gets. There are regional cuisines that don't fit this mold, however - Southern cuisine tends to be much more flavorful.

That's a good thing. Overspiced food is fucking heresy.

Spice is supposed to give a slight flavour, not completely overpower the actual taste of the food you are eating.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathet View Post
    What is ethnic food?
    Anything with taste and without mayo

10+ Year Old Account

When did salt and pepper become the only go to spices in some Euiopean cuisine....sooo blandddddd.

I would've glady went to war just to go places with good food.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Speak for the US only, please.

Europe has a tremendously diverse cuisine made out of countless regional specialties that grew with thousands of years of diverse history and culture. Even within a single European country (out of many) you will find vast differences.

(No, Brits don't count as everyone here knows that they don't have a proper own cuisine. They had to import good cuisine.)

Also wrong, Europeans use spices. Lots of them and of very different kinds. That doesn't mean you have to drown your food in chili or whatever like some do. You should also look up why people in very hot places around the world learned to make heavy use of spices, esp. chili: to preserve it for longer and make unedible food edible again.
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-01-13 at 03:58 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried a lot of food from other places. Korean and Japanese are actually my favourite foods to eat. I saw a Nepalese place nearby in my suburb and I've been interested in trying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Anything with taste and without mayo
    Theres plenty of Mayo in Asian food.

What OP posted is among my fav food. Some reason I just love poor food from slav land. Curries were my fav but all the Indians around here went real cheap so it all tastes like shit now.