Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    It's kinda weird as well, since before Sylvanas and Garrosh, the Horde was actually doing quite fine in terms of being a faction.

I choose "stay out of it".

That's why I quit. lol
    yeap. honestly, half these passionately horde posters dont really care about the story. because moment the lore turns anti horde "alliance bias" "villian bat" "lol retcon" "bad writing". So its not even about wanting a good story, just that "i want my faction to win, always". which is a foolish target in a game supported by a monthly fee where one can play BOTH sides.

i mean sure one can want their side to win all they want, but hey its not like blizzard is gonna be like "sorry 120 night elf huntard xlegolazx, you cant log in because sylvanas won and decimated the alliance, thanks for the $15 though really appreciate it".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    yeap. honestly, half these passionately horde posters dont really care about the story. because moment the lore turns anti horde.
    The moment? More like all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The moment? More like all the time.
    so the wisps flooding ashevale, or teldrassil burning was an alliance victory? im confused.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

OP's obvious bait is obvious, either that or he is so far into being a horde fanboy and hes getting all upset because Blizzard is painting them for what they are, bloodthirsty savages that kill innocents and only care about death (considering thats all orcs they ever talk about, killing people "for honor"). Horde have been evil since the start, and just continue to be so.

Nerd moment: Technically the Dragonmaw survived the Siege, as Warlord Zaela took over Blackrock Mountain during WoD. We defeated her finally in the New UBRS dungeon which was largely forgettable. There are probably still Orcs around from this clan, but not strong enough to really make an impact right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    They didn't. The alliance pov was always the one supported by blizzard. It started with political world domination back in vanilla that was shaken up in Cataclysm. Thrall bending down to alliance interests who kept the horde on a short leash, was used as a reason to upstart the new war by Garrosh later on. Then the chronicles clarified, that the horde stopped threats that were just minor incidents, while the alliance took out the big guns. Naming Cthun, Twice Naxxramas, Kilj'aeden, Onyxia. Now, after SoO blizzard confirmed the horde to be the inferior faction next to the fact, that we also lost most of our iconic leaders, between TBC and present time. Even the iconic orc expansion WoD, was just an excuse for blizzard to have us kill even more orcs. Narrative pov again from the alliance via Khadgar, Varian and Maraad. And currently, they show us another Middle finger with a recycled mop plot.
    My guy:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=283053/...h-dungeon-raid

Orcs: The biggest, baddest mofos going around butchering entire races and populations...and crying bloody murder the moment anyone so much as slaps them back in self-defense.

It reminds me of another forum I went to where a Turkish poster would absolutely deny the Armenian Genocide, and then turn around and call the displacement of 4,000 Azeri Turks during the Nagorno-Karabakh War the biggest act of genocide in the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Yeah but I would argue the Horde butchering people is pretty much what they have always done and will continue to do.
    They dont have human values and morals. They have orcish morals.
    I mean, yeah, but the attempt at making the Horde more "human" was still there. I mean, look at Thrall's horde. That was pretty human and such until Garrosh became Warchief. Was it perfect? No. But, Varian and some other Alliance leaders were animalistic in nature as well.

You can have Orcish morals, but they don't necessarily always have to be savage morals, either.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that, give us those Alt Draenei to be perfect crusader waifus like Yrel. I'd kill for that.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Nothing shown in the link debunks what I just said. Those kills are on the alliance list. That's a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yeah, but the attempt at making the Horde more "human" was still there. I mean, look at Thrall's horde. That was pretty human and such until Garrosh became Warchief. Was it perfect? No. But, Varian and some other Alliance leaders were animalistic in nature as well.

You can have Orcish morals, but they don't necessarily always have to be savage morals, either.
    I wish the alliance and humans were ruthless. They used to be and they definitely arent now.
    Speaking of which historically speaking we could say the Horde under thrall was an oddity.

So far under everyone there has been nothing but massacre after massacre.
    We only got 1 expansion under Voljin so it is tough to judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I wish the alliance and humans were ruthless. They used to be and they definitely arent now.
    Speaking of which historically speaking we could say the Horde under thrall was an oddity.

So far under everyone there has been nothing but massacre after massacre.
    We only got 1 expansion under Voljin so it is tough to judge.
    lol the one time they give it to a troll, we time travel to a world of orcs.

and when we return. that troll gets killed.

then they give it to an undead. and well, now we are here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean... Emperor Illidan Stormrage sound pretty good to me.
    Emperor King* Illidan Stormrage, at least get it right, gawdd.

The Horde has been "Evil cannon fodder" since Warcraft 1, this isn't exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Remember how Illidan kidnapping Mag'har and force-feeding them Fellblood to turn them into demonic slaves was glossed over in Legion, because orcs are only evil cannon fodder now?
    Well, I guess that's what you get when you complain too much about Mary Sue Green Jesus..., you didn't want the "Good Guy", wasn't cool enough apparently, now you're getting the psychpaths.

That's what happens when the Horde receives actual development and gets story progression. You think most Alliance players wouldn't be happy to see characters like Tyrande, the Council of Three Hammers (who?), Gelbin (who?), Genn, and Velen killed off if it meant that each race was actually properly shown in lore, with stories and growth?

Just stating "people got killed off, Horde bias is a myth" is ignoring why people claim there's a faction bias. The Alliance sits around and does fuck all with leaders who have all the personality of white bread while the story is driven solely by the Horde's actions and the Horde's motivations. BfA is another MoP, in that it's another story about the Horde redefining itself and discovering its identity while it pretends to be the "underdog" despite being the way more universally loved and considerably more popular faction overall.

The grasping is strong with this one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The Kor'kron - only introduced in MoP or MoP prepatch, belonged to Garrosh

Warsong Clan - can't remember what they have got to do with anything

Dragonmaw Clan, Zaela - introduced in Cata

Shokia - don't remember her too well

Nazgrim - that's a sad one, I agree

The idea of Orcs moving on from the past, gone forever
    - why is that? You still have the "Old Soldier"

The idea of Orcs being family with Tauren and Trolls, gone Forever - why is that? Can't see that in BfA

Orcs having a racial leader, gone forever - see above, can still take the "Old Soldier"

Orcs being anything but evil cannon fodder, gone foreve
    r - Isn't everyone in the Horde Sylvanas's meat shield? Well that's the price of being
    the dev's pet faction, I guess.

PLUS I thought nelves were this xpacs cannon fodder really. I mean 10.000 nelves - let me spell it out for you: ten thousand night elves in one hit - if that's not cannon fodder I don't know what is.

At least the orcs get to survive this xpac with some bruises on their ego. The nelves on the other hand will just be made redundant, trust me, this is where this is headed. They will go full GoT on the nelves.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said! Especially since Tyrande granted them free use of resources of Azshara after the SoO (Tyrande tells you so after the siege), by initiative of King Wrynn. That's what nelves get if they listen to the advice of humans. ...
    Starts off with saying that the Kor'kron were introduced with garrosh in cata and mop. I guess those kor kron sitting in outland, guarding thrall in vanilla and sitting in icecrown citadel were fake ones.

Opinion discarded.

Deleted
    You're right. Let me shorten this down for you.

The heart of the soul of the horde, gone forever

Better?

- - - Updated - - -

>When the irony caps.

- - - Updated - - -

Alrighty, time to check in with this list.

Besides Garrosh They lost:

"The Kor'kron, Evil and gone forever" They were personal guards assigned by Garrosh in order to protect the Warchief. Them being gone doesn't really matter.

"Warsong Clan, Evil and gone forever" AU Draenor Allied Race debunks this.

"Dragonmaw Clan, Evil and gone forever" There are still quite a few of them left. Blizzard just forgot about them.

"Zaela, Evil and gone forever" Doesn't matter. People die and get replaced all the time. The fuck?

"Shokia, Evil and gone forever" Same thing.

"Nazgrim, Sided with Garrosh and gone from the Horde forever" And again, same fucking thing.

"The idea of Orcs moving on from the past, gone forever" That was never the idea. The idea was to strive for a better future in a harsh world.

"The idea of Orcs being family with Tauren and Trolls, gone Forever" It's still there. Sylvanas just deemed it to be fodder (Like the dumb bitch she is).

"Orcs having a racial leader, gone forever" Saurfang's the leader. He's just...somewhere, at the moment. I don't know. The game doesn't really explain that shit well.

"Orcs being anything but evil cannon fodder, gone forever." They're not evil canon fodder. They're evil GOON fodder, ya silly.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like Blizzard totally 180'd from the Siege.

That, or they were lazy.

REALLY MAKES YA THINK, HUH?!

- - - Updated - - -

It's kinda weird as well, since before Sylvanas and Garrosh, the Horde was actually doing quite fine in terms of being a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

I choose "stay out of it".

That's why I quit. lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is the worst option, at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I...uh...

They lived with the Draenei perfectly well until the Burning Legion came. Like, the fuck?!

And in WoD, the plan was to have KJ repeat his Pre-Warcraft 1 plan, which soon backfired on his ass once Grommash deflected from drinking Mannoroth's blood.
    Another ignorant and arrogant alliance moron thinking they know horde lore. The korkron existed in vanilla as elite guards of Thrall.

Please just shut the fuck up if you already mess up the first thing on your list.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-13 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Shokia, Evil and gone forever
    Excuse me?