Thread: Reaping Affix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's a good breakdown, I agree. But since Reaping spirits have half the HP of their parent mob, I do think they will be affected by Fortified (until further notice) which will indeed make these weeks a total slog. Which is really my problem with this affix; it creates even more trash when BfA dungeons are already very trash heavy.

I mean, imagine doing a dungeon that has tons of trash already like Motherlode or Shrine. Then imagine (assuming you don't skip that much) having to kill almost half of that HP again. I'm not looking forward to it. I think instead the Reaping spirits should have possessed existing mobs and given them those abilities.

I'm also curious how the spirits will interact with other affixes. 20% of a dungeon's worth of mobs with Necrotic or Bolstering sounds fun /s. Even if only a portion of them use melee attacks. And how will this interact with smaller mobs, like the blobs before the second boss in King's Rest?

All in all I think there's too many ways this affix can end up being fairly catastrophic with some affix combos/trash compositions, and Rogues will indeed become completely mandatory which I dislike. And oh boy, I just can't wait for Fortified/Teeming weeks.
    We already know the mobs are uneffected by at least one affix (sanquine). It stands to reason that they would be uneffected by the others as well, with the exception of fortified by proxy.

And rather than pulling every easy mob in a dungeon and skipping the ones that require players to think, they'll have to decide whether they want to get swarmed by 30 little dudes 10 little, 2 medium, and 1 big dude (that takes less time and effort to kill than most normal trash mobs)

Reaping spirits need to have a fixed HP which scales only with the key level, not affixes. Tyrannical weeks are already preferred due to how complex trash is in BFA, and Reaping will just double dip on fortified weeks making them even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is simply no point in completing dungeon that is not gonna be in time. Even if you have a group of friends.
    Here's the scenarios you're looking for
    1. Guildies have 9 keys, I have a 15 key. I'll go with them, we know we won't do it in time. But at least we know we'll finish. That way we only do one key and it also ensures they get >10 key next week.
    2. You do as high as you can for weekly so you get higher next week. At one point you hit a wall. Time is not unlimited and there's no guarantee you'll do the same key -1 in time (cause maybe last week was very easy and this week it's explosive teeming fortified). Again, time is not unlimited - most people don't do many Mythics, they'd rather do just one for weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    You missed the point. In comparison to Legion M+ I don't find BFA M+ dungeons fun in general because they are massive trash-fests which was implied by my obviously sarcastic remark. If BFA M+ dungeons weren't such horrible trash-fests and specs not pruned AF to deal with this then yeah, maybe, Reaping could be fun.
    I understand what you're saying about it not being fun, since AoE'ing trash definitely is not fun for some specs. But I have no idea what you're going on about Legion being different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't I just wipe on purpose to each reap and kill the last boss before 100% reap. Or at least wipe to reset reap when the spawn is right next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    Why wouldn't I just wipe on purpose to each reap and kill the last boss before 100% reap. Or at least wipe to reset reap when the spawn is right next to you.
    Probably because you don't have 4 soulstones

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I understand what you're saying about it not being fun, since AoE'ing trash definitely is not fun for some specs. But I have no idea what you're going on about Legion being different.
    Not saying Legion was perfect but thanks to Artifacts, Legiondaries and less pruned classes, esp. hard CC for many classes, you had a lot more options to deal with massive amounts of trash quickly and efficiently via CC chains and overpowered AoE damage. Also, Legion trash wasn't as heavy on mechanics.

This on top with certain affixes that artificially make your runs a lot slower by design and that you have no counter for in a gamemode that is about speedrunning...yeah no, thanks. Pass.
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-01-15 at 11:52 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoce81e69ea37 View Post
    When you fail the timer you get a 20% hp and damage boost.

I don't understand why Blizzard would reward failure by making the dungeons even easier than they already are.
    Because once the timer and bonus loot are gone you have removed 90% of the drive to finish the dungeon. At that point players just want to finish and get something for their troubles.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be glorious during Teeming+Fort weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

you cannot skip them anymore they have a massive threat radius and from what I have been reading they are gonna put in a mechanic that will aggro them when you go into combat next.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    At least I play Holy Priest, BrM and a Frost Mage. Should be fine. I feel bad for Prot Pals and well, almost a dozen DPS specs.
    Uhhh, what's exactly wrong with prot pala's aoe? I find it better than monk's, outside of keg smash you have 2 weak dots and that's all your aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Uhhh, what's exactly wrong with prot pala's aoe? I find it better than monk's, outside of keg smash you have 2 weak dots and that's all your aoe.
    I would also like to know what is wrong with them. Depending on the amount of mobs, Last Defender might just make them VERY hard to kill in dungeons where the amount of trash is substantial, and Final Stand can give you an easy 8 second window to recover and take a breath. I also believe blizzard will nerf/buff tank once again in 8.1.5 to make them more balanced.
    Last edited by Elidan456; 2019-01-16 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Reaping spirits need to have a fixed HP which scales only with the key level, not affixes. Tyrannical weeks are already preferred due to how complex trash is in BFA, and Reaping will just double dip on fortified weeks making them even worse.
    Explosive had that same problem too

Can it be countered by druid who goes to stealth just before they spawn? Wipe and stealthed druid just uses mass ress? Shadowmeld can even dop you out of combat.

i know reaping mobs do not drop sanguine... i think it likely they won't spawn explosive or be affected by bolstering/raging.

i wouldn't be surprised if they were affected by fortified, even though they should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Can it be countered by druid who goes to stealth just before they spawn? Wipe and stealthed druid just uses mass ress? Shadowmeld can even dop you out of combat.
    They'll likely make so those mobs automatically agro when you come out of hiding.
    Even in the case of a wipe, they would chase you as soon as you respawn.

What I don't like with reaping is that you have to plan your trash route even more now. Nothing worse than having 58% trash while standing in front of a large and/or unccable trash group. So you run back and look for simple trash so you can trigger the 60% wave.

And people will also want to avoid the 100% wave, so you will have to skip one trash group (rogues, invis potions, tank sacrifice, mass rezz, whatever) and run back (which then means failure at the boss is no option) or have to CC the last mob before 100% through the boss fight.

Not things I really look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder if giving mages access to mass invisibility in pve would be a good idea.
    While it may suit them ability wise they really don't need yet another reason to pick them over every other caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What I don't like with reaping is that you have to plan your trash route even more now. Nothing worse than having 58% trash while standing in front of a large and/or unccable trash group. So you run back and look for simple trash so you can trigger the 60% wave.

And people will also want to avoid the 100% wave, so you will have to skip one trash group (rogues, invis potions, tank sacrifice, mass rezz, whatever) and run back (which then means failure at the boss is no option) or have to CC the last mob before 100% through the boss fight.

Not things I really look forward to.
    But there will be set ways now, theres no 'oh this pack has infested, lets skip'. I think there will quickly be a set route that optimises the reaping and for all weeks apart from teeming you just follow this.

Yeah will definitely be easier to have set routes in MDT now, not a different one for each week because of infested.

Also I thought I read somewhere that even if you mass shadowmeld a wave or something similar, that they will aggro the next time you get in combat. Anyone know if this is at all true?