Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You can be about making money and cutting costs but also about other things, like making great quality games (something Blizzard used to be known for).
    I guess the issue in that would be "great quality games", since I enjoy their games, I'd say their quality is higher than what I find on many newly released console or steam titles. But, things like that are a matter of opinion. I was just curious. The thing about the store is that we can use in game gold to buy anything. So, I don't know if it makes as much money as it could. Seems like that should make it cash only if that's their plan. Otherwise, people can either just use money or play the game and buy things with the gold they make.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Totally something Blizzard would do... but I hope they never do it. Actually, I hope they won't add any Allied Races after this expansions. They should just add regular races that everyone gets and that start at lvl1, not this unlockable bullshit.
    If it is somethin blizzard totally would do, why havent done it yet? Shit like this... seriously.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I guess the issue in that would be "great quality games", since I enjoy their games, I'd say their quality is higher than what I find on many newly released console or steam titles. But, things like that are a matter of opinion. I was just curious. The thing about the store is that we can use in game gold to buy anything. So, I don't know if it makes as much money as it could. Seems like that should make it cash only if that's their plan. Otherwise, people can either just use money or play the game and buy things with the gold they make.
    I enjoy the games too, and I think the quality is higher than other games, I just feel like they've definitely taken a dip in quality in the past few years. It could very well be purely opinion based, or me being upset with all the frustrating, annoying, or stupid things that keep popping up for Blizzard.

The reason I think putting 'remove pathfinder/instantly unlock flight' on the shop would make them a bunch of money is because people hate waiting for it. We don't even know for sure if it'll come out in 8.2 or not. If it was told at the beginning of BfA that you could buy flight right away, or wait for it in a patch? There'd be an insane amount of bitching (for good reason), but also loads of profits for Blizzard.

It's cool that Zandalari are the right height. Glad to hear it. Also, what is your avatar from?

I enjoy the games too, and I think the quality is higher than other games, I just feel like they've definitely taken a dip in quality in the past few years. It could very well be purely opinion based, or me being upset with all the frustrating, annoying, or stupid things that keep popping up for Blizzard.

The reason I think putting 'remove pathfinder/instantly unlock flight' on the shop would make them a bunch of money is because people hate waiting for it. We don't even know for sure if it'll come out in 8.2 or not. If it was told at the beginning of BfA that you could buy flight right away, or wait for it in a patch? There'd be an insane amount of bitching (for good reason), but also loads of profits for Blizzard.

It's cool that Zandalari are the right height. Glad to hear it. Also, what is your avatar from?
    I'm one of those that agree with you! I always wait to come back to the game at ".2" so I can fly. So, in a way, you're right, they'd not only make money from me buying flying at the start of an expansion, but I would also pay them 15$ a month to play the game all those months that I quit for now.

As far as my avatar, it's a picture of myself I manipped. I make adult games for a living as "The Anax" you can find them here:

https://tfgames.site/?module=search&author=39088

They are all free, so enjoy yourself (as long as you are 18+ of course). I earn my living on patreon. "The Anax: Call of the Cursed One" involves my alter ego here. Though in real life, I always wear a suit and bowler every day. Pretty much since I was a child. Turns out that I am autistic, and maybe that's why I only like wearing the same thing always. But, it could just be who I am!
    Last edited by The Anax; 2019-01-18 at 08:35 PM.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I'm one of those that agree with you! I always wait to come back to the game at ".2" so I can fly. So, in a way, you're right, they'd not only make money from me buying flying at the start of an expansion, but I would also pay them 15$ a month to play the game all those months that I quit for now.

As far as my avatar, it's a picture of myself I manipped. I make adult games for a living as "The Anax" you can find them here:

https://tfgames.site/?module=search&author=39088

They are all free, so enjoy yourself (as long as you are 18+ of course). I earn my living on patreon. "The Anax: Call of the Cursed One" involves my alter ego here. Though in real life, I always wear a suit and bowler every day. Pretty much since I was a child. Turns out that I am autistic, and maybe that's why I only like wearing the same thing always. But, it could just be who I am!
    I'll have to check it out after work. Thanks for the info!

I'd be okay with this is they remove racials from the game or make them not usable in instances, arenas or bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    where is it P2W? You get a race with some other racials...
    If those racials have any sort of dps/utility boost its 100% p2w, you actually answered your own question for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon
    they are just earned by sitting day in, day out playing in zombie-mode while thinking about what you are doing with your life or your sparetime - and don't say you haven't had that thought while doing it.
    I don't think while doing WQs, i also never grinded purely for allied races, i grinded for AP. Look back at my post and you'll see i even mention they could have implemented allied races better. Removing game-play altogether however, for a credit card, is completely mundane to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon
    There are already much bigger p2w problems ingame, like gold from tokens, which means you can buy boosts in raids, pvp and m+, very rare transmogs and stuff from Black Market and BoE's on the AH.
    This really comes down to what is p2w for you. Being able to unlock classes/races is 100% p2w in any game, and you can see people ridicule lootboxes from EA for the same reasoning. It's a quick cash grab, and only further promotes shady business practices that many WoW players wouldn't put up with.

As far as gold, its something of a grey area, for me the game isn't won until you've cleared the final boss on mythic difficulty. This would cost you ~$2k USD which i wouldn't see as practical for anyone playing this game. Heroic/weekly 10 carries are fairly easy to pug, and i don't see these as winning the game, nor do i see anyone bragging about aotc, except that it'll get you into pugs better. Pugging in WoW is not winning in my eyes.

Purely cosmetic changes are a bit different, and i don't see them as p2w as they offer no advantage over other players.
    Last edited by siskokid21; 2019-01-18 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Grammar/Fixed quotes

Anything that skips weeks or month long grind is worth throwing money at.

Please bring these changes as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Unlikly. People have said they would add litteraly every thing to the shop but they haven’t expanded it.
    Aside from level boosts, and tokens which can be converted directly to in-game currency?

Unlikely, exclusively because of racials.
    If racials are OP, blizz will be accused of turning wow into p2win.

Give it time, it will come

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Aside from level boosts, and tokens which can be converted directly to in-game currency?
    Thoses are both services like say race changes so not quite the same category as mounts pets allied races ect.

people come here and say "if its 100% cosmetic I dont care" dont understand the problem. specially for a game we pay 15$ a month to play, NOTHING should be on store. because you already pay for the game every month, what is the point of they put everything new to the game in the store because its doesnt have effect on gameplay? wow isnt all about gameplay. its not CS:GO that you get a weapon and it doesnt matter what color it is. there are thousands of people who enjoy collecting stuff.

this "If its cosmetic it can go to store" mindset is playerbase downfall. for example: barbershops are cosmetic options, how do you feel if they charge you 5$ each time you want to change the color of your hair? Tmog is cosmetics too, what about 15$ for each time you want to change your gear slot to something else? shit even pet battles are cosmetic, maybe you should pay extra 20$ per character to unlock pet battle for them ?

your character is given ONE weapon and it only changes stats instead of changing form when you change it with raid weapons. if you want to have other shapes you can buy them for 5$ ( similar to Tmog )

mounts are cosmetics too! I mean you only need only one flying mount and one ground mount, not more, maybe they should place all mounts on store and charge you 15$ for each mount you buy? why add them on raid and dung drops when they can add it to store.

but lets not stop there. races are cosmetics too (they will remove the racials so its completely cosmetics ) you can only pick human in alliance and orcs on horde, any other race you can pay 30$ to unlock them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    haha, no, I love to work towards rewards and I think that is one of the thing the game is currently missing, that is the only that makes a game. Still I think it should have been added to the shop and my reason is still that the grind is a so bad experience for the players - because it is so damn dull and boring, no creativity and no feeling of accomplishment when you finally get there. You are more like "meh, now i got the damn race", the time spent wasn't worth the damn race. Especially when they don't come up with more creativity when it comes to the allied races.

And still, this comes from a guy that unlocked all allied races for my own account, horde and alliance. - And some for my friendin.

And let it be as hilarious it can be to defend this matter.
    For the DI dwarves the rep grind is the war campaign which at this point in time will be the only grind then some story that allows you to see why the race that has basically been an enemy is now an ally.

The kul tiran
    Rep grind is a bit more of a pain but again mostly covered by leveling and by the other required achievement

Blizz will never place something that affects game play onto the shop....lvl boost doesn't count because it isn't something that affects the game.

If they did then they would face extreme backlash and would show they didn't learn from the helmets that they sold

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    For the DI dwarves the rep grind is the war campaign which at this point in time will be the only grind then some story that allows you to see why the race that has basically been an enemy is now an ally.

The kul tiran
    Rep grind is a bit more of a pain but again mostly covered by leveling and by the other required achievement

Blizz will never place something that affects game play onto the shop....lvl boost doesn't count because it isn't something that affects the game.

If they did then they would face extreme backlash and would show they didn't learn from the helmets that they sold
    haha, level boost doesn't count as something that affects the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha, not a chance.

Think about how this would actually go. Let's pretend for a sec that they did this with the Sethrak...pay $25, you have playable Sethrak. While they would get a lot of money up front, the community would be up in arms from every front. "We shouldn't have to pay for these races." "I paid good money, why isn't my <model/racials/storyline> better?" "Sethrak racials are too powerful, guess WoW has become Pay 2 win!" "Why do I have to pay for the race and to race change into it?"

This is before you even get into the amount of people that were pretty much auto-kicked from groups for using either paid mounts or the paid transmog helms.

Blizz is hopefully smart enough to realize that the long term profit gained through their current system far outweighs the short term gain such a move would make.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    If it's 100% cosmetic I don't care. If it comes with racials then I will uninstall and never think about this game again.
    This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If it is somethin blizzard totally would do, why havent done it yet? Shit like this... seriously.
    What a stupid question...

Lol i made this same thread some months ago. I got basically assaulted by people for several pages because I dared to ask question "should blizz sell us allied races in the shop".

Wow lacks customization. I'd totally like more races too. So many things I'd like. Technically I would accept allied races being sold in the shop, if it actually means we will be getting good allied races. I can just buy the ones I want just like mounts. Right now all we got is recolors and very uninteresting things.

Then again... its paid DLC's. Thats such a curse word these days. We are alraedy paying subscription...

I'm genuinely surprised they haven't put "Unlock Pathfinder now to obtain flying in BfA!" on the shop. Like seriously, they'd make so much money, I'm actually impressed they haven't given in to the temptation.
    For a supposedly greedy company that does everything for a quick buck, you'd think shit like this and allied races would be in the shop.