Thread: I miss Pandaria

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I miss Pandaria

Well, so I took "memory lane" through vanilla>tbc>wotlk to briefly remind myself "old days". And it made me appreciate even more MoP(and to extend WoD) class design. Not saying it was perfect or anything, but comparing it to what came after ie Legion and even even more so BfA... woow, its on whole different level.
    No clunkyness of vanilla/tbc/wotlk but also not blunt and hollow design of Legion/BfA.
    MoP class design should have been taken as a standard and then polished and refined. What happened in BfA to a class design is a scandal.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing about MoP was that the game suffered from a severe case of class homogenization, and a lot of people were complaining about it at the time, but i do agree that class design was better then than now

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep a level appropriate alt in each of BC, Wrath and Pandaria. It's a pretty great way to play. Now if Blizz would toss the WQ system around the old quests and dailies so that there was some randomly generated stuff to do. It's not about the rewards when you do this, it's about the sheer satisfaction of living in these great areas at an appropriate level of power and experiencing them as they were meant to be experienced.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

MoP was the last time I actually felt like the game was fun. I miss it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    the thing about MoP was that the game suffered from a severe case of class homogenization, and a lot of people were complaining about it at the time, but i do agree that class design was better then than now
    I'd wager they are as much homogenized now as they were back in MoP, tho it might be just personal thing as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played an alt of almost every class in MoP, and while I did not play every spec I tried most of the dps and healing ones.

The class design was genius in that it was easy to pick up and figure out but still deep enough to offer something interesting.

Also the focus on movement for both ranged and melee made it very fun to play, both in PvE and PvP.

I miss Pandaria (the continent), and while I liked the story probably the most of any expansion, I am at the same time not pining to go back to it. Pandaria was the first (and last) of quite a few of my favorite features in World of Warcraft, and the continent was by far the most gorgeous. Up until BFA, it was the last time we actually felt like adventurers, too, something I have missed, and coincidentally is one of my favorite things about BFA's story, now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I keep a level appropriate alt in each of BC, Wrath and Pandaria. It's a pretty great way to play. Now if Blizz would toss the WQ system around the old quests and dailies so that there was some randomly generated stuff to do. It's not about the rewards when you do this, it's about the sheer satisfaction of living in these great areas at an appropriate level of power and experiencing them as they were meant to be experienced.
    That actually sounds like a great idea. I'm going to try it

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss Pandaland as well. It was a good expansion that many people hated due to its theme and story.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For once, me too.

MoP was the worst expansion of all time imo I want nothing MoP related to return

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I'd wager they are as much homogenized now as they were back in MoP, tho it might be just personal thing as well.
    Not that wrong, however i feel like that the playstyle itself was different, some classes had resources, others didn't, some had a rather unique resource like Balance.

Nowadays it feels more each class has a resource / combo point system for the sake of having one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not that wrong, however i feel like that the playstyle itself was different, some classes had resources, others didn't, some had a rather unique resource like Balance.

Nowadays it feels more each class has a resource / combo point system for the sake of having one.
    i deffinitely agree with you, noticed that like 80-90% of dps specs have energy/cp system of some kind XD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    5.0-5.2 was the best period of WoW.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    But your classes wouldnt have the correct class design for that expansion? i mean they would still have BfA class design (minus some of the less popular things like Azurite etc) but overall, they would still be lacking the things people miss.

I do understand why people raid at 60-70-80, but to be honest, i do find it a bit pointless when they are playing with current class designs, not the period correct ones. However, this is part of the appeal of classic i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    MoP was the worst expansion of all time imo I want nothing MoP related to return
    You must love shit class design.

Have you thought about playing a pay to win mobile game for epic depth and design?

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    i deffinitely agree with you, noticed that like 80-90% of dps specs have energy/cp system of some kind XD
    I my opinion they are all Builder / Spender systems. Almost every single spec is working with building up resource, and then spending it. Its just they do a pretty good job of 'hiding' it. Combo points is just energy / rage that generates in chunks rather than a fluid system. Runes are just combo points that start full. Monks is literally just combo points with a different icon. Same with holy power. Even fire mage feels a bit that way.

Now that mana management is no longer a thing (not that i really miss it personally, i mostly play melee), they needed to manage damage output another way, so combo points seems fair. Mage is the one class that initially seems unique, but when you boils all three specs down, they all deal with a combo point style system.

I have talked about this before - all the classes essentially play the same now - they just have different visuals and some deal more dmg upfront, while others have more ramp up either due to dots, or, building combo points etc.

Pandaria is the expansion Ive played the most. All my guild enjoyed the classes, raiding, the story and the legendary quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I do understand why people raid at 60-70-80, but to be honest, i do find it a bit pointless when they are playing with current class designs, not the period correct ones. However, this is part of the appeal of classic i suppose.
    Not raiding. Just out in the world. Tending the farm, etc. Purely solo stuff. It certainly isn't a full-time thing but if you want to enjoy the nostalgia that comes with Pandaria I think this is the way to do it. Level up and lock. Then visit from time to time.

The primary sad thing about it is that so much of Pandaria was changed with the last patch. For obvious and good reasons but now that you don't have to do all of those dailies it would be great to have them back somehow.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-01-21 at 10:06 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Recently me and my wife re-rolled Alliance and leveling through MoP has been the best part of it so far. It's a bit of a nostalgia trip, but MoP has been my favorite xpac since it came out. I only regret that we still got through it so quick I didn't have a chance to set up the farm, I may have to go back later to do that just for the fun of it.
    That sounds like a lot of fun!

The farm was always the perfect blend of dailies, story and calmness. Just the perfect little place to hang out and listen to the ambience.