Poll: Are you happy with BfA class design/gameplay

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shame the same issues remain yet the Devs keep saying everything is fine when it clearly isnt.
    they can keep adding 100 new races but if the specs/classes have issues its just playing with a new skin.
    you make a class/spec boring then lump in Azerite traits and they wonder why people are quitting?

The state they launched most classes in BFA Will never understand why anyone there thought it wouldnt turn out good.

5+ Year Old Account
    My favourite specs are strictly worse than in Legion, and some of them are outright unplayable in relevant content, e.g. Prot Warr in high M+. Shadow priest is a poor man's mage, with slightly less DPS and much less mobility. Same with DPS warr and havoc DH. And STILL I cannot fathom why didn't they add a new talent row for level 115 or 120.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fine as It is but could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but the height of my WoW friend groups was Classic, Burning Crusade, Legion, and Cataclysm. After that it slowly went down with MoP then drastically down with WoD. Legion restored it a bit along with BFA, the difference between Legion and BFA is that Legion managed to keep my friends throughout the duration while with BFA they have all but died out within 6 months.
    Agree to disagree I guess. But MoP was the height of the game in recent history for me. End game fights were fast paced and fun, armor sets didn't look like hot garbage. Class design was great. Would love to go back and do it again.

The terrible class design of BFA is why I've quit the game and don't see myself coming back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying playing the game, but I feel the class design is VERY lacking compared to Legion.
    Here is something to believe in!

I kinda wish they'd spend a little more time on drawing boards designing classes than spending it on whole azerite BS system. Well, or at least just don't spend time designing azerite anyway, w'd better off without it.

Perfectly happy with my monk, who lost a minor dps cooldown that didn't really impact the rotation at all. They've got spares.

Not happy with my outlaw rogue, who lost a core dps cooldown, and the only one that actually had any kick to it. I've practically quit my main (rogue) except for raiding.

First expansion where I feel like playing the game just isn't fun no matter what I do.
    Rotation is boring and doesn't feel rewarding.

And I play Fury, just hate it really.
    Even Legion I enjoyed better, at least aoe felt impactful and overpowering.

Maybe later on it will feel better with more stats and especially haste among them...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Legion was better, but I enjoy how specs don't overlap as it was before Legion.
    By the way this (no "overlap specs", also I don't consider old design to be defective in this sense, by virtue of "class" concepts definition and absence of concepts of "spec" in principle, because of its idea artificiality) belongs to core of current class design flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    So basically if they just nerf all core abilities by 25% and you have to click some talents 5 times to get that 25% back? Yeah sounds very fun and interesting to click talents to get into same position we are now.

90% of old talents are already baked to the game system. The outcome would be same but the only difference is you would have to click some talents for artificial glory.
    Not really. It's equivalent to great all "specs" nerf, puting total set of compensations from all "specs" in front of you and make you choose each level step by step (limiting you in number of possible "improvements"), which part (how much, size, degree) of them you want to get at this level. But problem is that this will require different classes design, solid one, but not the kind of nonsense that is now. It's 1 f* class, not "many separate ones".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There are effectively 36 distinct classes.
    Finally! It was officially recognized (exactly this wording)
    So, declaring this is the same as like you fully appreciate everything they broke there. Man, you should be fully happy with current its design directions, since they continue its deeper division with help of any possible mechanisms (ex. AA, PvP-perks). It's now like in kind of Overwatch MOBA-FPS game design - “role” has a greater prerogative in design than a class (but you can read more about this in first link of the message) because of bla-bla-bla balance, E-sport and other cr@p.

There're no classes in their ideal World of design, just 4 (t/h/rdd/mdd) roles and 36 specs with different sets of icons for abilities.
    3. Classes philosophy (&thier coherence with whole design) +(+/+/+/+/+)+
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-01-24 at 01:30 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Fairly unhappy, classes that didn't need extra toys like brewmaster monks and havoc dhs got them, meanwhile classes like dps warriors and shadow priest lost a part of their utility for no reason. Tanks and melee dps have big disparity in desirability in raids and mythic+, some classes are "always invite" some others are "never invite", it's never good to hear that your chosen main is bench / reroll material.

Specs like vengeance, guardian or arcane are super bare bones when artifacts, tiers and legendaries are gone, and nothing came to fill the void in any interesting manner.

Many spells that were fun got removed (rip gust of wind), nerfed, or lumped into talent rows where they're noncompetitive so can't be picked.

Azerite armor design makes it hard to "target" specific combo of traits at a good ilvl. The choice is really not there.

Damage cooldowns on gcd create a situation where you often press 2-3 button "pre buffing" yourself before you can even start dpsing. Feels awful. For example prot pala with wings + seraphim or arcane mage with rune of power + charged up + arcane power.

Disparity in dispels (much more poisons than curses for example) create a situation druid / monk healer is more welcome in dungeons than a shaman, despite all the other utility disparity that already doesn't do resto shamans favours (ring of peace + monk debuff / ursol vortex + combat rez).

Monk / dh debuffs are an annoying tax to deal with, while warrior buff can be replaced by a scroll. No idea why can't they make things equal on both fronts.

MM hunter is a complete wreck of a spec, and 8.1 changes did little to improve it. Being petless already removes half the utility hunter can bring, binding shot got nerfed, and all they improved is duration of concussive that's a 1 target slow. Their aoe is also much worse than in legion.

There's a lot of wrong with multiple classes / specs and I'd revert half of them to MOP or WOD state.
    They dumbed down spriest because the skill disparity was severe. I was spriest main in Legion and loved it but it sucked bad on quite a few bosses

7+ Year Old Account
    Class design is butchered
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Class design is getting literally worse with every expansion. Gimme back the wotlk, cata, mop days, i don't care about balance, make the classes actually fucking interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Class design is getting literally worse with every expansion. Gimme back the wotlk, cata, mop days, i don't care about balance, make the classes actually fucking interesting.
    Oh that... yeah, deffinitely. I feel that every class/spec in the game and its overall gameplay became much more akin to gameplay of some kind of "guitar hero simulator" rather than "know how" and smart play like it used to be.
    I mean, yeah, I preferred simpler rotations of old WoW. Don't quite like new gameplay.
    Been playing some WotLK p'server recently and had a ton more fun with feral druid hybrid spec where me and my friend would tank and dps in turns rather than having set-in-stone huly trinity assignment than anything i have been doing in WoW in recent days, even high M+ do not compare. Not claiming it was harder in any way... just more fun.

Not a fan. They just seem to be pretty boring. It boggles the mind that they would make spells/abilities more visually appealing while simultaneously removing spells/abilities and making classes boring to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a more dull version of legion

Unhappy. Not many, but even more things have been pruned. My opinion - with very few exceptions WOD had perfect class design. Legion was already big overnerf. But going to same direction even further in BFA? No way.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just whatever, class design has sucked for a long time, it's nothing new in BfA. Total class homogenization started in WoD and it's sucked since. Who cares if it's all finely tuned if it all plays the same, anyway?
    Yeah since wotlk they started to prune or move abilities to others specs, while most of them were just filler I miss the rotation of Cataclysm, MoP and WoD wasn't bad but they were clearly a down version of what we used to have in wotlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Apathetic, I haven't raided so in my mind I haven't competed and therefore it doesn't matter to me.

Hands down the biggest issue with BfA is the poor class design.

Yes Azerite stuff sucks. And Island Expeditions are useless, and Warfronts are BORING and useless once above i370. And breaking up the new expansion into totally two different continents is such a dumbass idea. And the new cities for both Factions are way too large and overly confusing maze, and just piss poor layouts. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid should be the design thought on cities. And the Raids are generic and just not exciting or fun.

But the #1 issue, above what I just mentioned, is easily the shitastic class design, and removing the "fun factor" and classes feeling generic and slow and just lame.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-01-23 at 06:36 PM.