Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No, who cares if he lied. Doesn't change that some little kids were shitty to him.
    Shitty, how?
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No, who cares if he lied. Doesn't change that some little kids were shitty to him.
    Many people care that he lied. And you are fake news, because the kids did nothing wrong. But keep living in your fantasy world.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Retract my earlier skepticism, it is true, Nathan Philips never served in Vietnam.

This story is epic, Chief Liarpants has really given an incredible gift to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    I've posed this question to several people and no one has answered. If a Black man or woman wears a MAGA hat, are they racist?
    They are if they're bullying someone based on their race, like those kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One interview I heard, he said he was a "Vietnam era vet". To me that means he served during the time the Vietnam war was going on but not necessarily in Vietnam. Another interview with him, he said "Vietnam vet" which to me means he served in Vietnam.

There are lot of people who served in Vietnam who never fired a shot in anger. You have cooks, office clerks, mechanics, forklift drivers, etc.

But yes, I do think he's probably told stories about his serving in Vietnam to get sympathy from people.
    My grandfather was a WW2 vet, but he never served over seas (or in Hawaii). He was in the military and did missions, training, etc. here at home in case they needed to call him and his fellows overseas. They never did. Does that mean he's not a WW2 vet?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    These Hebrew Israelites have effectively trolled the entire nation several times over and more or less got away scot-free while everyone is shitting on the two groups they were shitting on.
    To quote someone on another forum:
    Here's the thing. The HoI guys are shitty people. But they have no power, either institutional or from any kind of base. They are crazy people yelling in the park. Yes they yell shitty horrible things, but ultimately they are not going to get what they want and have no means to even try and achieve it other than by shouting at people. The Covington dudes are framed and supported by the apparatus of state and the entire fucking society that they exist in. Their shitty views are going to show up on federal court benches, in the offices of legislators, in directorships at powerful lobbying groups, in 'news' media. Both sides said some horrible shitty things, however no-one is trying to defend the HoI guys while half of the media and your shitburger of a president is gaslighting the whole fucking country to cleanup the Covington guys' mess. These things are not the same.
    The Hebrew Israelites are a non issue. They are fringe nutjob conspiracy theorists, who have about as much actual power and deserve about as much serious attention as Sovereign Citizens, Pizza Gate believers and Old Men Yelling At Clouds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Can you show me where those kids bullied someone? I have to ask, even after CNN retracted and issued an apology to the kids, you still know better or have more facts about the situation somehow then they do? Can you link them please, because I can link over 30 articles and over 2 hours of video rn proving what you said to be 100% factually incorrect. So Im just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt rn and kindly ask what you mean when you say this?
    -Blinks slowly- Maybe the pictures and videos of a bunch of kids jeering an old Native American and getting up in his face taunting him? Pretty clear cut, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Conservatives suddenly caring about military service after electing Cadet Bonespurs.
    Even if this dude isn't a veteran, does it really matter?

Is it suddenly okay to disrespect and harass someone who has done nothing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My grandfather was a WW2 vet, but he never served over seas (or in Hawaii). He was in the military and did missions, training, etc. here at home in case they needed to call him and his fellows overseas. They never did. Does that mean he's not a WW2 vet?
    He would be a WW2 vet (he served during WW2) but not a Pacific Theater vet (for example).

There seems to be confusion here stemming from whether or not he referred to himself as a Vietnam era vet (true), Vietnam vet (implies he served IN Vietnam, not true), or whether he made false claims of service for material gain/financial profit (as this thread claims). Its also murky because you have the press saying 'Vietnam vet' but that doesn't mean that is how he stated it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be a (war name) vet you have to ordered to foreign soil or waters during the war. So, no, your grandfather was NOT a WW2 vet. He was a WW2 era vet.
    My understanding was that with the major wars involving multiple theaters you were classified by theater. Everyone who served during WW2 is a WW2 vet, NOT everyone is a combat/Pacific/European/North American etc vet. If there's something that clarifies this that would be good to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the Conservatives are still using Nathan Phillips as their Gettysburg moment.

It's kinda like the anti-vaxxer movement. Find one thing that supports their whole fake news movement and clings to it as gospel.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I see the Conservatives are still using Nathan Phillips as their Gettysburg moment.
    This is their 15-minute break from Ocasio-Cortez.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Even if this dude isn't a veteran, does it really matter?

Is it suddenly okay to disrespect and harass someone who has done nothing wrong?
    No that's not okay. Good thing then that the kids weren't harassing anyone. The native american guy was harassing them.

So no, what the native american guy did was not ok. The kids did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Obama never claimed to be in the military. Obama never dodged a draft either. Whether or not he would have served was never put to the test.
    You do realize that having certain things MADE them not enlist you. Calling bone spurs draft dodging shows just how frothing mad you are. Go to MEPS and experience the nonsense they make you do to at least somewhat find out if you're able to enlist. Hell they do a prostate exam on people that aren't even at risk.

How is it harassing someone to play a drum and sing a song? They weren't forced to block his path or surround him and begin mocking his singing. They chose to do so.
    They weren't blocking his path, he went straight up to one of them and kept drumming in his face. The kid stood his ground, and acted more respectfully than either the native american guy OR the black israelites. All of this has already been proven, I really do not understand why you people keep lying even when evidence showing you are false is out for everyone to see.

How is it harassing someone to play a drum and sing a song? They weren't forced to block his path or surround him and begin mocking his singing. They chose to do so.
    ?? blocks his path? I had the sound off in the video and you can tell he walks out then takes a right-turn, right into the group of them?? (unless he was drunk I don't think his path was blocked, he walked into them on propose ,and I think admitted it for reasons that keep changing)

2:02 See them mocking the man and laughing at him?
    "Students drown out the negativity with school chants."
    "The students begin to chant to the beat of Nathan Philips drum."
    "The video does not appear to show any students 'chanting build that wall'."

Your video disproves what you're trying to push. Stop trying to project your racial politics on to this, he clearly approaches the group and gets in the face of the one kid. They join in with his song. What were they supposed to do? Bow their heads in hushed reverence?

Your understanding is incorrect. Here’s the VA page that explains the definitions for you. https://va.org/the-definition-of-a-war-veteran/
    How does this apply to say draftees? If one was drafted due to need for wartime need for soldiers, they were drafted specifically for wartime purposes and their service would be due to that war.

Negativity? They were trying to drown out a song that has no negativity behind it. If they’d been trying to drown out the negativity, why didn’t they surround the black Israelites and sing them at the source of the negativity?
    ..... Negativity......? Have you gotten confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    They weren't blocking his path, he went straight up to one of them and kept drumming in his face. The kid stood his ground, and acted more respectfully than either the native american guy OR the black israelites. All of this has already been proven, I really do not understand why you people keep lying even when evidence showing you are false is out for everyone to see.

Where I went to high school (2ys public 2ys private) any numbers of kids at either place in my class would have put that drum were the sun don't shine, I think he did fairly good.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    While it was suspected that he did not serve new information is now surfacing that he indeed did not serve in Vietnam. Nor was he Marine Recon. He was a general electrician and a refrigerator mechanic in Kansas, Nebraska, and California. He was discharged at the prestigious rank of Private after going AWOL 3 times in 1976 during his 4th year as a reservist. He never left the states. How quickly will the left abandon him now, or will they stick to their narrative?

This guy is kind of weird but he has pulled the records for Nathan "Phillips".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXIzvyAlLA
    Really? A youtube video? Can you find anything else to corroborate that information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You do realize that having certain things MADE them not enlist you. Calling bone spurs draft dodging shows just how frothing mad you are. Go to MEPS and experience the nonsense they make you do to at least somewhat find out if you're able to enlist. Hell they do a prostate exam on people that aren't even at risk.
    You are aware he didn't actually have bone spurs, right? He was an active and avid sports participant in college right before the supposed claim, made by a doctor who personally knew and owed his father a great deal. It was literally just calling in favors to a family friend to make sure his son didn't get forced into the military.