Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but they are not killed in pvp

they are killed 40v1 when land on flightpath and cant fight back.
    That's still PvP, and it's literally the exact thing that Horde had been doing since Warmode went live.

If you liked it one way you need to deal with it this way.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    The reward will go back down to 10% if the number of alliance gets close enough to the horde, which he said is starting to happen. The goal is for it to eventually just be 10% again. Should it be higher in general? I don't know. But they don't want alliance to permanently have 30%.
    It'll go back down to 10% when it evens out, and then in 2 months we will be back in the same position because more and more Ally will be turning it back off since 10% to them wasn't worth it to begin with
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Suddenly this is an issue when at start of expansion horde raids ran around boralus just "for fun".
    then why not make it real pvp ?

give 400 itlv rewards to both factions

and see who really like pvp .

but no better to force horde into turning it off and deny them being able to use WM

10+ Year Old Account
    but they are not killed in pvp
    They are killed in PvP, Warmode on.

they are killed 40v1 when land on flightpath and cant fight back.
    So, like many other players were before this little change?

and only reason this is happening is 400 itlv loot given for free to allience jsut so they turn WM on for 15 minutes .
    So, how does that explain for Horde to do it before?

i have yet to see even 1 person on any forums complainign he was killed in legit pvp action.
    Players killing players is legit PvP action in Warmode. And you've had people on Blizzard's forum, as well as MMO-champion, complain about being killed in Warmode during their leveling.

blizzard could solve it easier if they wanted - just toss out lets say 50 % of horde from WM via in game commands and make them unable to turn it on .

after all thats what Ion effecitvel wants.
    They don't want to toss just anyone. They want the ones out who doesn't actually want to be part of the war.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

something something shoe something something foot

7+ Year Old Account

but no better to force horde into turning it off and deny them being able to use WM
    because then horde will always have it on and alliance never will, meaning no one gets the quest done cause no alliance enter, and no horde have alliance to kill.
    and as said in Q&A next week its being dropped to 385
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Poppets View Post
    I feel I must again try to convinces ppl of what the real problem has always been. Sharding/Realm hopping. At the very start the Teldrassil pre-patch things were EQUAL. I spent half my time with my other half killing Alliance, sometimes joining a raid to roflstomp them. The other half I was being hunted at every wq by a raid of Alliance not interested in doing the quest/wq. The problem was this....one faction would make a raid to combat the other factions raid...one side would lose one too many times then shard/realm hop to a less competitive one. Whatever stragglers questing on their own were left to be destroyed by the hungry mob looking for the other.

It seems that for whatever reason Horde tenacity, stubborness whatever you want to call it kept us from turning off Warmode, the Alliance however did. Having looked at the same graphs, pie charts that have been spammed for the last several weeks, I can almost say with certainty that the populations are almost the same....the POPULATIONS. However, the participation of players in warmode has been VERY one sided. Levelling and doing wq's has been relatively easy, UNLESS you stumble upon a wq or fp being camped by a raid of Alliance, cuz that was the ONLY way you ever met one....was when they were many. Ive heard tales of Horde raids, but I have never seen one created for the pure reason to farm Alliance, only in retaliation to being Tortollan fp camped, killed before I even land.

Now if indeed the Horde have had their 10% since the start of BfA (4 months) for "free" and the Alliance havent been able to enjoy it like us, then yes a bit of compensation is understable, to make up for loss of buff theyve been given a bigger one (what they've had so far makes up for about 3 months almost), however I do not understand the gear. We never once had a quest as Horde that gave us Uldir HC level gear at the start of the tier. We all have access to warfronts so Im exempting those. Why do Alliance "deserve" gear for the months of 10%. Having to turn off warmode did NOT affect your ability to do wq without warmode and get the same gear we got.

At the end of the arguement, if Alliance had the numbers to compete with Horde at the start, and they have the numbers now, so why the buff/gear? As far as all these people yelling " no one is forcing you, you have a choice to toggle". So did you. You chose...poorly.
    It was the fact that there are significantly more horde players(In the US there is about 10% more horde players over alliance at 120 on non-RP realms and about 13% more horde in the EU realms). Then add to that most of the hardcore players are now playing in a horde guild(this gap is even worse in the top 200 world wide for the new raid it is 25% alliance guilds which is slightly up from Uldir which was 18.5%). So these players are likely to all have warmode on for increased rewards. At the start there was more players with warmode for the first couple days because people were still leveling and the 10% bonus was good and you did not see many opposite faction on your island. But after that the population difference was noticed and being on the alliance side in warmode became a choir and not worth the 10% as there was horde at every location and they chased when they saw red. Now flip the buff on and alliance players are finding the increase to worth the risk(and in the first couple weeks of the buff it was a grind and I would only venture out in a party of 3-5 for world quests) and are turning it on. But this buff is on a sliding scale if more horde turn off warmode then the Alliance will lose the buff and gear and who knows maybe get the buff(the population difference makes me doubtful). The buff still existing tells you the numbers are not equal or do you not understand how it works? the higher the ratio of horde to alliance players in warmode means the high the buff for alliance(up to 30%) the difference is that shards are attempted to be population balanced so it seems like there are many alliance players but it is just that the populations are semi equal........unlike previous when there were no alliance in WM so no matter what shard you were in you were dead as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Just like Horde players were doing.
    i guess im strange since i never did it once since launch of BfA

call me outliner but i would never even thought about doin so - had enough allience to farm out in the world during WQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because then horde will always have it on and alliance never will, meaning no one gets the quest done cause no alliance enter, and no horde have alliance to kill.
    and as said in Q&A next week its being dropped to 385
    so you are admiting that the only reason allience turned WM on this week is because they could farm people on flightpaths not in geniuine pvp

case and point proven thank you .

its funny how people are calling it the same and forgetting how it was just 10% for both factions.. so if you turn it on you have the same 10%, if you turn it off you're only 10% behind.. now as horde regardless if you turn it on or off you're behind

i've said it right after they announced warmode that its gonna be a failure.. that will be impossible to balance, especially not with the way phasing/sharding works

10+ Year Old Account
    so you are admiting that the only reason allience turned WM on this week is because they could farm people on flightpaths not in geniuine pvp

case and point proven thank you .
    And how is that different from what the Horde does already without an aspect of extra rewards?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess im strange since i never did it once since launch of BfA

call me outliner but i would never even thought about doin so - had enough allience to farm out in the world during WQ
    That may be but the truth of things is that there have been Horde raid groups farming Alliance FPs on a near-constant basis for all of BFA.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I turn on WM to level, then back off at 120. Thank you for the 30% bonus, but I don't pvp.

That would only be a valid argument if populations were balanced. Since there is no population balance it is not a valid option as it leads to onesided server and one faction getting the bonus(something horde players thought was awesome......)

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Damn! Good for the ally.

About time Horde get some of theyr medicine
    What’s funny is Horde did it for PvP, Alli had to be bribed, after bitching and moaning, to do something they’ve always been capable of. They just never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And how is that different from what the Horde does already without an aspect of extra rewards?
    because they like it ?

like you said yourself - they do it even when they have nothing to gain from it.

not that i approve this kind of behaviur but this proves that this is what they enjoy in game.

his statment that if given the same rewards allience woudl instantly opt out from "pvp"

proving they do it only because they can kill people notcontested by anyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What’s funny is Horde did it for PvP, Alli had to be bribed, after bitching and moaning, to do something they’ve always been capable of. They just never did.
    because they dont want pvp

they want 400 ilv loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    its also funny cuz as soon as they have an actual advantage you see them everywhere now.. but as soon as its gonna go back to 10% vs 10% they will disappear again LMAO

Alliance has dealt with this from the beginning of the expansion.
    These fools deal with it a month or two and they've had enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    That would only be a valid argument if populations were balanced. Since there is no population balance it is not a valid option as it leads to onesided server and one faction getting the bonus(something horde players thought was awesome......)
    and whose fault it is ?

is it horde fault that allience refuse to participare in WM to the point that lead game designer thats to push out X % of horde from WM artificially ?

Welcome to 8.0 and beginning of 8.1 for the Alliance. Enjoy the train getting ran.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they like it ?
    And aha, so... stalking a flight path for reward is worse than for the laughs?

like you said yourself - they do it even when they have nothing to gain from it. [/QUOTE]
    And now they cry because Alliance do it with prospect of a little upper hand finally?

not that i approve this kind of behaviur but this proves that this is what they enjoy in game.
    And seems a lot of Alliance enjoy results, and gains from it, hence you're meeting opposition now.

his statment that if given the same rewards allience woudl instantly opt out from "pvp"
    "The extra rewards were meant to encourage more Alliance to participate but also to make Horde who did not like PvP to turn it off."
    Yes, because the Alliance are the underdogs in Warmode and suddenly they come in force, and Horde can't handle it?

proving they do it only because they can kill people notcontested by anyone
    No, they play in force so they have a chance for upper hand finally.