Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And so what? They will turn it on at 120 where it matters.

Maybe keep an XP bonus then, fine. But no AP, no gold, no exclusive talents, and certainly no free gear for being the faction getting spanked.
    i agree the "different" bonusus depending on faction is messed up.
    Also agree an entire quest with insane gear just for one faction is WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Even wintergrasp was drasticly imbalanced, to the point they had to make single people as strong as 5-6 people to even try to make it balanced, yet that did diddly squat as it did not effect vehicles.

also lets look at the other 2 times they did that...
    tolbarad... hated by the community
    ashran... hated by the community...
    It can be done properly, they just don't know how to, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I AM addicted to world pvp.

And even myself would turn off pvp while leveling...because there is just no reason to do it. (if it wasnt for the xp bonus)
    ok? We have issues due to the bonuses...they should be gone and it would be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    Unsubbed and requested a refund on my subscription fee.
    lol... that will show them.

Expect a press release apologizing because some dude with "reefer" in his username unsubbed.

except that is not enough, obviously, since even with an alliance 30% for a whole month, horde still drastically outnumbered alliance, only changing when alliance got a 400 item.
    Yeah, which isn't a problem except they tied bonuses to it. If there are no bonuses there isn't a problem and world pvp would be what world pvp is.

So how long till the alliance starts to use WM stratigically? Either way, the horde is kinda fucked. No "fun" when alliance keeps it off, and no fun when they turn it on for the bonus and farm the shit out of the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It can be done properly, they just don't know how to, but I do.
    You do? then apply for a job and get on in man, they are always hiring!
    also funneling both factions into 1 zone wont help the whole problem of... horde drasticly outnumbering alliance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah, which isn't a problem except they tied bonuses to it. If there are no bonuses there isn't a problem and world pvp would be what world pvp is.
    An empty wasteland of nothing but horde killing the entire prospect of world pvp and pvp servers, causing the entire thing to be an utter failure, and the entire removal of world pvp in its entirety.
    coolio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    So how long till the alliance starts to use WM stratigically? Either way, the horde is kinda fucked. No "fun" when alliance keeps it off, and no fun when they turn it on for the bonus and farm the shit out of the horde.
    welcome to world pvp?
    its never "fun" because most of the time it is a curb stomp, one way or the other, and if it is a curb stomp, one side is not having fun.
    for most of BFA so far it has been horde curb stomping alliance, week by week while spouting "git gud, turn it off" and now here we are, the alliance curb stomping for once... yet still outnumbered funnily enough, and the other side is complaining, even thoguh on some shards horde still curbstomps alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    you could have just joined an NA group and curb stomped the alliance that had been hapening and still happens.
    I shouldn't have to do that.

An empty wasteland of nothing but horde killing the entire prospect of world pvp and pvp servers, causing the entire thing to be an utter failure, and the entire removal of world pvp in its entirety.
    coolio.
    Yeah, world pvp sucks...doesn't it? It's a failed concept in any game and now they have tied rewards to it, making it a double fuck up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I shouldn't have to do that.
    Nor should anyone else, but welcome to world pvp?
    for the entireity of 8.0 and 8.1 until just last week, alliance on so many realms where being curb stomped and camped we had to realm hop to all get onto the same shards so we could do the quests, while on most others horde were controlling entire zones.

but hey you could... just turn it off?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah, world pvp sucks...doesn't it? It's a failed concept in any game and now they have tied rewards to it, making it a double fuck up.
    entirely agree, blizz long ago gave up on world pvp but the community has been screaming about it "IN VANILLA WE HAD WORLD PVP CAUSE NO FLYING" "IN VANILAL WE HAD WORLD PVP AND IT WAS THE BEST" "I WANT WORLD PVP BACK"
    and now that they caved and finally made it its own thing... well here we are.

You do? then apply for a job and get on in man, they are always hiring!
    also funneling both factions into 1 zone wont help the whole problem of... horde drasticly outnumbering alliance...

- - - Updated - - -

coolio.

- - - Updated - - -

welcome to world pvp?
    its never "fun" because most of the time it is a curb stomp, one way or the other, and if it is a curb stomp, one side is not having fun.
    for most of BFA so far it has been horde curb stomping alliance, week by week while spouting "git gud, turn it off" and now here we are, the alliance curb stomping for once... yet still outnumbered funnily enough, and the other side is complaining, even thoguh on some shards horde still curbstomps alliance
    Before the 30% bonus and the quest the alliance didn't really know they have power. But now they know. As it stands now, wpvp only happens when they want it... And when they do want, they make sure they win.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-01-29 at 08:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before the 30% bonus and the quest the alliance didn't really know they have power. But now they know. As it stands now, wpvp only happens when they want it... And when they do want, they make sure they win.
    lol alliance didnt know they have power???

Fucking hell seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Warmode needs bonuses BUT i do agree this "solution" of giving more rewards to the losing faction....is simply not working.
    It did exactly what it was supposed to, so how is it not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    PvPers would, because they say they love PvPing, even when leveling up.
    They say they would. But would they really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I mean NO bonus. Both sides started out with a 10% bonus, incentivizing people to do War Mode. It should be 0%.
    10% is pretty much nothing, you don't turn it on for 10% experience, you put it on for pvp talents 9/10 times

- - - Updated - - -

I like how alliance players whine and cry about 1v1s so much that they 40man flightmasters when they get the "upper hand"

stuff and nonsense
    What are you even talking about. If you want to cherry pick, BM hunter "PVP" talents include damaging traps (hunter skill since forever), Bestial Wrath providing Fear immunity (since forever as well), 2 nifty Aspects for AOE and ST damage (that have nothing to do with PVP).

So people say, "LOL BM, 3 button spec!" and they're right.... because half the buttons are hidden behind freaking Warmode.

Which was precisely my (only) point. Or am I alone in feeling like classes need some love? Oh wait, I know I'm not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of Warmode, but they need to think things through a little better.

Stuff like zone-wide bonuses for capturing and holding PvP buildings like in BC were great. This whole current system feels hollow because the bonuses from Warmode don't actually come from PvP, they come from turning the mode on. You're actually encouraged to avoid PvP with Warmode on because losing fights will just slow you down and devalue the time you're saving with the bonuses.

With the buildings, you actually benefit your faction by helping to fend off the other faction. Furthermore, it gives different designated areas for big fights as opposed to "on top the flight master." Better yet, if you participate in fights near the capturable points, that's when the bigger juicer buffs should be handed out.

I think the reason why they continue to steer clear of PvP buildings is because it will likely be a total mess with sharding. One minute you'd have the buildings, the next you'd be sharded somewhere else without the buildings, then poof you're back on another with them. It'd be impossible to hold the damn buildings and actually benefit with how often the sharding tech throws you around willy-nilly. Yet another issue we didn't have when servers were servers. Can't have decent server community, can't have rarespawns, and now we're struggling with wPvP.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2019-01-29 at 08:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    What are you even talking about. If you want to cherry pick, BM hunter "PVP" talents include damaging traps (hunter skill since forever), Bestial Wrath providing Fear immunity (since forever as well), 2 nifty Aspects for AOE and ST damage (that have nothing to do with PVP).

So people say, "LOL BM, 3 button spec!" and they're right.... because half the buttons are hidden behind freaking Warmode.

Which was precisely my (only) point. Or am I alone in feeling like classes need some love? Oh wait, I know I'm not.
    yes classes need love, but saying "PVP TALENTS ARE JUST PVE TALENTS THAT HAVE BEEN CUT" is right out false.
    Beast within makes them immune to fear and horror, yes bestial wrath used to do fear but not horror.
    10% reduced damage to all members within 8 yards of your pet? since whne was that a pve talent?
    same with dire beast hawk and basilisk
    since when has interlope been a PVE thing?
    idk ab out the others, i dont main hunter, haven't for along time
    But back to warlock since i know that better.

Since when was calling a THIRD felhunter a PVE spell?
    since when was pleasure through pain a PVE thing? we had something like that, but we has to SACRIFICE our succubus, not just have it out.
    since when was summoning dreadstalker instant a PVE thing?
    curse of fragility was not a thing
    nor was nether ward
    or essence drain
    or casting circle
    fel lord
    observer
    soulshatter in its current iteration
    rot and decay
    curse of shadows in its current interaction
    Fel fissure
    bane of havoc
    cremation
    focused chaos
    entrenched in flame

all pvp talents for warlocks that literally were never PVE talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Appears to be a 15% bonus (as opposed to 30%) and no gear reward.

I'm guessing Alliance go back to turning off war mode this week and it will be back up to 30% + gear next week.

Do you agree? Think this will just yo-yo back and forth?

edit: talking about US servers, not sure about EU or elsewhere
    The reward goes against the mindset of having a reward but nothing so good people felt required to do it. This was driven home when Limit paid millions of gold to get the reward. Personally I don't think their should be any reward, it isn't like pvp servers had rewards.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm going to take a guess now and say it isn't going to ever go back up to 30%. The 15% is probably the new "cap".

I could be wrong though.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Typical overcompensating on Blizzards part. They said last Thursday that it would drop to 25 percent, but I guess they got sick of all the complaints on the forums and dropped it to 15. While I agree the 400 ilevel gear was a bit much, nobody was faction changing for 30 percent, and I can look forward to being vastly outnumbered in warmode on the blue team again this week.

Regardless of all the petty fighting between the players, I think we can all agree that this system is trash and hopefully its gone or totally revamped in whatever comes after BFA.
    The system is fine, they just need to stop handing free shit to one side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You mean you want the problem to be worse ?

Last week, Alliance had a huge reward for PvP and guess what happened - Alliance started doing PvP.
    Horde's rewards didn't decrease - they stayed the same.

Guess what happened, Horde started whinging about being ganked all the time by Alliance for the first time understanding why Alliance don't PvP.
    The horde aren't complaining about wpvp happening like you cupcakes. They are complaining that the Alliance is getting three times the rewards and free gear. You want to pvp, then pvp. Don't lose at it then go running to blizzard begging for handouts.