Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Typical overcompensating on Blizzards part. They said last Thursday that it would drop to 25 percent, but I guess they got sick of all the complaints on the forums and dropped it to 15. While I agree the 400 ilevel gear was a bit much, nobody was faction changing for 30 percent, and I can look forward to being vastly outnumbered in warmode on the blue team again this week.

Regardless of all the petty fighting between the players, I think we can all agree that this system is trash and hopefully its gone or totally revamped in whatever comes after BFA.
    You do know there is a difference between overcompensation and underestimation, right?

I just want the god damn "PVP" talents which are of course gutted PVE talents.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    alliance will cry.
    literally happened 2 months ago
    No, I mean NO bonus. Both sides started out with a 10% bonus, incentivizing people to do War Mode. It should be 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    i'll agree, but I just resubbed yesteday specifically to level alts with the bonus and get that 400 piece for them, so no rush now.

I'm not even upset about the warmode nerf, so much as I am about them thinking it's a good idea to remove the 400 piece after people have benefited from it rather than providing Horde equal opportunity.
    They said from the beginning it was going to be a week-by-week thing.

And Horde was never ever realistically going to get the same opportunity to get a free ilvl 400 piece .... that was the whole point.

Typical Horde bias from Blizzard.

Horde outnumber Alliance due to advantages already gifted to them.
    Takes until 8.1 until Blizzard lifts a finger to address the issue with War Mode.
    Literally less than a week Horde starts crying because Alliance fights back.
    Blizzard steps in within a week to protect their Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    i'll agree, but I just resubbed yesteday specifically to level alts with the bonus and get that 400 piece for them, so no rush now.

I'm not even upset about the warmode nerf, so much as I am about them thinking it's a good idea to remove the 400 piece after people have benefited from it rather than providing Horde equal opportunity.
    The chances they were ever going to give horde the same level rewards as they gave us were always slim to nil. They said in the q&a that they were dropping the rewards down to 385 (conveniently after we already got the 400).

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You do know there is a difference between overcompensation and underestimation, right?
    Sure, and you do know that Blizzard often uses a chainsaw when a scalpel would be fine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Typical Horde bias from Blizzard.

Horde outnumber Alliance due to advantages already gifted to them.
    Takes until 8.1 until Blizzard lifts a finger to address the issue with War Mode.
    Literally less than a week Horde starts crying because Alliance fights back.
    Blizzard steps in within a week to protect their Horde.
    Reading comprehension, bud. You need some.

The circumstances were the same as a few weeks ago with only a few key differences.

This time, horde was "crying" instead of alliance.
    This time, alliance outnumbered and camped horde uncontested at flightpoints and world quests instead of horde doing it.
    This time, we were given free heroic gear and a 30% bonus instead of horde getting a nigh worthless 10% to ap/gold.
    This time, we were rewarded for doing what horde did unrewarded just because we play alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No, I mean NO bonus. Both sides started out with a 10% bonus, incentivizing people to do War Mode. It should be 0%.
    Its not that easy.

Who would level up with warmode ON if there were no XP bonus?

Think about it...no one would.

Warmode needs bonuses BUT i do agree this "solution" of giving more rewards to the losing faction....is simply not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hopefully it’s the same on the EU tomorrow. This system is a shitshow, I wish they’d go back to old PvE/PvP servers and offer free transfers for those that still want to kill each other.
    Half my guild lives wpvp, half hates it. We all love to raid together and at mythic level. Warmode gives us that. All the idiots who don't like it but bitch about the so called rewards have to do is have a measure of self control and turn it off. Gg problem solved.

If Blizzard take away 30% buff i auto switch off WM on my 13 Ally alts. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya hopefully they also add in Peace Mode so we can team up and ignore the failure that is the after though of PvP in WoW.
    Chuckled. Thanks.

It would be better if they didn't add any gear and tuned up the War Mode rewards for both sides. If both sides were getting 50% bonuses maybe there would be more people doing pvp. Right now the 10% was too low and the 400 ilvl gear was way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its not that easy.

People who love pvp? Isn't that the ultimate answer? Enable pvp if you like pvp, and disable it if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Typical overcompensating on Blizzards part. They said last Thursday that it would drop to 25 percent, but I guess they got sick of all the complaints on the forums and dropped it to 15. While I agree the 400 ilevel gear was a bit much, nobody was faction changing for 30 percent, and I can look forward to being vastly outnumbered in warmode on the blue team again this week.

Regardless of all the petty fighting between the players, I think we can all agree that this system is trash and hopefully its gone or totally revamped in whatever comes after BFA.
    Why can't you noober blue bois just play on war mode for 15% bonus? Like seriously, your faction needs a 100% xp/rewards buff and 480 ilvl gear to stop chickening out.

IF its back 90% horde 10% alliance ration i am turning it off, simple as that. If next week rewards are higher and alliance turns it on, so do i. Most people who are after free reward from overwhelming odds are cancer but i dont even think of going warmode and try to do world quests if you get ganked on one quest over an hour (which was the reason i turned it off first time)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its not that easy.

Warmode needs bonuses BUT i do agree this "solution" of giving more rewards to the losing faction....is simply not working.
    PvPers would, because they say they love PvPing, even when leveling up.

So basically every other week alliance can have the bigger bonus if they turn wm off. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Reading comprehension, bud. You need some.

The circumstances were the same as a few weeks ago with only a few key differences.
    What in the hell does reading comprehension have to do with recalling the facts about the events. I don't care how someone is going to revise the situation to make themselves the victim here.

This time, horde was "crying" instead of alliance.
    This time, alliance outnumbered and camped horde uncontested at flightpoints and world quests instead of horde doing it.
    This time, we were given free heroic gear and a 30% bonus instead of horde getting a nigh worthless 10% to ap/gold.
    This time, we were rewarded for doing what horde did unrewarded just because we play alliance.
    Horde dont get to taunt with "git guds" then turn around and whine to the GM's about it being unfair when PvP happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    PvPers would, because they say they love PvPing, even when leveling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    People who love pvp? Isn't that the ultimate answer? Enable pvp if you like pvp, and disable it if you don't.
    Problem:

People picked PvP servers back then because it was the ONLY way to do world pvp at max level.
    Now with a easy "switch" is totally different!
    There is no reason to turn on PvP while leveling if there is no XP bonus.

Who would want to be ganked by max levels while leveling?