Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Madness will consume me if it's not Yogg. Need more tentacles. Plus he could flirt with Orphea. And because I want him. And they said they'd love a core hero. And yes. Zero grammar.
    My personal preference would also be Yogg-Saron, since his design is my favorite of WoW's Old Gods, but again, N'zoth is the only Old God currently getting "face" time in WoW, so he's likely who they'll push if they even do an Old God. Even if they decide to go the nostalgia route, that would likely mean C'thun instead. Could even time it with the release of WoW Classic, for that whole "synergistic" thing.

Also, if it's tentacles you're into, isn't that all N'zoth is, essentially? Just a mass of barbed tentacles topped off be a weird mouth...thing with eyes?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    My personal preference would also be Yogg-Saron, since his design is my favorite of WoW's Old Gods, but again, N'zoth is the only Old God currently getting "face" time in WoW, so he's likely who they'll push if they even do an Old God. Even if they decide to go the nostalgia route, that would likely mean C'thun instead. Could even time it with the release of WoW Classic, for that whole "synergistic" thing.

Also, if it's tentacles you're into, isn't that all N'zoth is, essentially? Just a mass of barbed tentacles topped off be a weird mouth...thing with eyes?
    I'm imagining C'thun myself. A giant eye hovering over the core when allies are near it, but it turns into his Old God body proper when there are no allies around. He spawns giant tentacles and shoots eye beams and other crazy stuff. They'd have to weaken him appropriately though, similar to Abathur or Murky, since you can't kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm imagining C'thun myself. A giant eye hovering over the core when allies are near it, but it turns into his Old God body proper when there are no allies around. He spawns giant tentacles and shoots eye beams and other crazy stuff. They'd have to weaken him appropriately though, similar to Abathur or Murky, since you can't kill him.
    That sounds plausible. Come to think of it, C'thun has connections to Hearthstone as well; he was a major component of the Whisper of the Old Gods expansion and also technically made a cameo as "Mecha'thun" in the Boomsday Project. He definitely makes sense from a cross-promotional standpoint, perhaps even more so than N'zoth.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Anduin abilities can bring us some spoilers about WoW. For example, Anduin will have shadow powers? will he have some melee combat abilities?

Grom, at the end, fought against the demon blood and killed the source of it. He freed the orcs and got redemption.
    TBH I familiarize him more with Hearthstone than I do with WoW. I actually see that being a stronger reason for him being picked as a new hero than his role as leader of the Alliance. I think shadow powers would fit perfectly.

It's likely why we've gotten Garrosh and Valeera over other notables like Garona or Grom.

I must have missed this synergy thing you guys keep mentioning. Is this the plan going forward? Was there a post I missed?

I must have missed this synergy thing you guys keep mentioning. Is this the plan going forward? Was there a post I missed?
    No. Some asshole on Reddit made the claim and because he's some sort of respected former journalist people took him seriously for some reason.

It really matters if the hero is Alliance or Horde in this dead, abandoned MOBA that was never a good competitive game to begin with!

- - - Updated - - -

It was a leaked tidbit from Blizzard, coming from pretty trusted (and multiple) sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No. Some asshole on Reddit made the claim and because he's some sort of respected former journalist people took him seriously for some reason.
    Yeah wow "FOR SOME REASON" gee I wonder fucking why is it because he's a respected former journalist god maybe that's the mysterious fucking reason gosh god gee god gee huh gosh gee huh

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh nice. The most unlikeable character in the Warcraft Universe made it into HotS. Meanwhile, Grom Hellscream is nowhere to be seen.
    sarcasm? the only people who dont like anduin are whiney man babies who like edgy memes, and who the heck likes Grom? he's a whiney man baby himself who screwed over his people then died

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by michaello View Post
    I think his skin looks too lol topic, its already 3rd hero I don't like. Press F to pay respect to hots but its time to let it go
    if you dont like the game leave. the millions of us who do like it are still playing
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah wow "FOR SOME REASON" gee I wonder fucking why is it because he's a respected former journalist god maybe that's the mysterious fucking reason gosh god gee god gee huh gosh gee huh
    Obama is a respected former president but that doesn't give him fucking knowledge of what's going on inside Blizzard gosh god gee god huh gosh gee huh?

Obama is a respected former president but that doesn't give him fucking knowledge of what's going on inside Blizzard gosh god gee god huh gosh gee huh?
    Lol yeah because Obama wasn't a fucking journalist with insider social connections because of his career (that of a journalist).

What an insanely stupid fucking argument you just tried to make.

Lol yeah because Obama wasn't a fucking journalist with insider social connections because of his career (that of a journalist).
    Know what journalists tend to lose once they leave the business? Connections.

Know what journalists tend to lose once they leave the business? Connections.
    As someone with a journalism career...

That's not correct. At all.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    As someone with a journalism career...

That's not correct. At all.
    No, I think he's right. You stop being a journalist and everyone you know suddenly blacklists you and never speaks to you again. It's the only thing that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of the number of Horde vs Alliance heroes, if you type in "Horde" and "Alliance" in the search bar in HOTS, you get 11 (Technically 12 because Cho'Gall) hits for Horde, 10 for Alliance.

Since that's Blizzard speaking... nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

No, I think he's right. You stop being a journalist and everyone you know suddenly blacklists you and never speaks to you again. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    No, but people don't talk to journalists because they are looking to form long lasting deep friendships, people talk to journalists because they have something they want reported or promoted. Just like the cashier at the grocery store, you may have some friendly words and get along with the cashier you see there when you buy your groceries every Friday, but when that cashier moves on, you aren't still coming to them with your grocery questions, you're going to someone still working there.

No, but people don't talk to journalists because they are looking to form long lasting deep friendships, people talk to journalists because they have something they want reported or promoted. Just like the cashier at the grocery store, you may have some friendly words and get along with the cashier you see there when you buy your groceries every Friday, but when that cashier moves on, you aren't still coming to them with your grocery questions, you're going to someone still working there.
    You have an insanely simplistic view of journalism and quite frankly, a cynical view on human interaction. Connection-building is one of the pillars of journalism, where information is acquired or given to the journalist through his contacts. You can and will develop relationships that transcend the professional plane that don't suddenly evaporate the moment you decide to retire. You still have their contact information, familiarity and history. That's not going away.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

You have an insanely simplistic view of journalism and quite frankly, a cynical view on human interaction. Connection-building is one of the pillars of journalism, where information is acquired or given to the journalist through his contacts. You can and will develop relationships that transcend the professional plane that don't suddenly evaporate the moment you decide to retire. You still have their contact information, familiarity and history. That's not going away.
    At this point he's just meta-strawmanning and pulling stupid shit from his ass. He knows he doesn't know what he's talking about, and he's defaulting onto a "let me act like blind cynicism is a replacement for insight" rhetoric. Like yeah, if he can just construct some false reality where no one becomes friends and professional relationships are strictly on-the-hour, then his ridiculous and fake argument will look so smart!

You have an insanely simplistic view of journalism and quite frankly, a cynical view on human interaction.
    Jounalists are like cops. Cops have lots of informants and snitches who give them info and shit too. Once that cop retires though, his snitches and informants don't keep coming to them, cause they didn't go to the cops looking for friendship, they went there to get something. Same with journalists. People form connections with people they see on a regular basis, people they spend lots of time with. Not people they talk to occasionally cause they have something they want promoted or reported on.

So anyways, now that two people with journalism experience have debunked the unsupportable and nonsense claims of someone who didn't know what they were talking about, let's get back to talking about how

1.) HotS has confirmed to only be releasing new (new as in heroes not being worked on already at the moment) heroes in conjunction with advertising campaigns

and

2.) HotS sucks dick.

So anyways, now that two people with journalism experience have debunked the unsupportable and nonsense claims of someone who didn't know what they were talking about, let's get back to talking about how

1.) HotS has confirmed to only be releasing new (new as in heroes not being worked on already at the moment) heroes in conjunction with advertising campaigns

and

2.) HotS sucks dick.
    You are the worst. The. Worst.