Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Thrall should have died and not Vol'jin.
    Vol'jin was a failure of a character, he had very little storytelling potential, and wasn't, from an out of universe perspective, the Warchief that the Horde needed.

Killing him off was one of the few good decisions they've made lately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Vol'jin was a failure of a character, he had very little storytelling potential, and wasn't, from an out of universe perspective, the Warchief that the Horde needed.

Killing him off was one of the few good decisions they've made lately.
    We all know how much you love Vol'jin man it's ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know how much you love Vol'jin man it's ok.
    And here I was expecting you to actually bother making the case. Vol'jin's LOW ENERGY fans can't even manage that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably.

Unlikely, considering we have no indication currently that Sylvanas won't be Warchief in 8.2.

Speak for yourself. Thrall was inarguably a failure as Warchief.

Letting your people literally starve in a near-inhospitable desert, out of some ridiculous notion of penance, is a horrible decision. Thrall's failures as Warchief were the direct cause of most of Garrosh's actions. How you can consider him to be smart or strong is beyond me.
    What do you like about Warcraft lore/story?

Not that I disagree with you about this particular point but you shit on literally everything that's ever brought up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    And here I was expecting you to actually bother making the case. Vol'jin's LOW ENERGY fans can't even manage that anymore.
    There is no point with you. You say he had very little storytelling potential but is not true. They just needed to write something for him rather then kill him off. I love Thrall but right now he is in limbo. It would have been better for everyone if Thrall died and Vol'jin stayed warchief. Better him then Sylvanas anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What do you like about Warcraft lore/story?

Not that I disagree with you about this particular point but you shit on literally everything that's ever brought up.
    Characters?
    Arthas was handled great throughout, and I've always felt the backlash over "There must always be a Lich King" and the Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain was overblown

Garrosh was another great character, unfortunately they ended up making some questionable decisions at the end.

Orgrim's depiction in "Tides of Darkness" remains one of the better characterizations in the Warcraft franchise.

Suramar had some kinks here and there, but I largely enjoyed it. Just to focus on recent things.

Honestly, there is (was) a lot that I do like. It's just in the past and not usually the focal points of any of the hot topics on Lore. There's also the fact that things I do enjoy are often contrasted against things I don't (ie, Old Genn was great, I really only ever mention it in discussions about New Genn, though).

There is no point with you. You say he had very little storytelling potential but is not true. They just needed to write something for him rather then kill him off. I love Thrall but right now he is in limbo. It would have been better for everyone if Thrall died and Vol'jin stayed warchief. Better him then Sylvanas anyways.
    Vol'jin could've had a tie-in to Zandalar, sure. Beyond that? Very limited. What was his vision of the Horde? That "it be a family, bruddamon?" Vol'jin's Horde boils down to Thrall 2.0.

The original reign of Thrall wasn't great to begin with. Returning to that (Especially under a character that's not Thrall) robs the Horde as a whole of any sort of future growth, and renders previous arcs largely irrelevant. It was a recipe for stagnation.

But of course, you're not going to detail any potential Vol'jin, specifically, hadand expect me to take your claims at face value, because "There's no point," right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    If the 2 factions unite to slay Naga, that would really play into Blizzard's Faction war theme- uh, oh wait. /s

Honestly though, I didn't follow the story super close after the end of Cata. Does Thrall have any ability as a Shaman anymore? I know the iconic Doomhammer isn't his and the Elements weren't okay with his duel with Garrosh, so it begs the question whether he's even capable of being a faction leader at this point.
    I don't exactly see Thrall being an imposing figure as a Shaman that went oom.
    Turns out it's his self doubt about the event that is holding him back not the elements disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you get the idea

they also have option to get 2 scorpions mounts, while the horde have no access to lion mounts

so much bias
    you sound like you are crying alone in some dark room about how biased this game is since other faction has "unique" mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JepJepa View Post
    you sound like you are crying alone in some dark room about how biased this game is since other faction has "unique" mount
    Aren't we only a few months past the torches and pitchforks brought out over Horses and Horde favoritism?

7+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin could've had a tie-in to Zandalar, sure. Beyond that? Very limited. What was his vision of the Horde? That "it be a family, bruddamon?" Vol'jin's Horde boils down to Thrall 2.0.

The original reign of Thrall wasn't great to begin with. Returning to that (Especially under a character that's not Thrall) robs the Horde as a whole of any sort of future growth, and renders previous arcs largely irrelevant. It was a recipe for stagnation.

But of course, you're not going to detail any potential Vol'jin, specifically, hadand expect me to take your claims at face value, because "There's no point," right?
    His Horde could have been Thrall 2.0 and ya that would be boring but seeing as Vol'jin is not 100% honor all the time it could have been something better. Like 70% Thrall Horde and 30% Sylvanas. He would understand that war is not clean but he wouldn't go as far to just burn down that damn tree for the fun of it like Sylvanas did.

Out of all the warchief he could have been the best. Thrall just wanted peace and he wanted the orcs to repent, Garroth just wanted his pure Horde to take over everything and Sylvanas, well i don't even know what she wants. She seems to have gone mad with power.

Vol'jin was the kind of guy that cared for the Horde and wanted peace for it but knew that sometimes you need to sniper someone in the back from the shadows to get things done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JepJepa View Post
    why? because i said some facts?

I think you get too much affected by it, maybe still salty about horses?

If the Horde is going to be united, first many characters must die or have a change of heart. In other words: new faction leaders. It seems Blizzard wants Thrall return but I think it will be short lived.

And I agreed, it was a missing opportunity with Voljin, a guy who likes honor but knows when to be sneaky and when to get his hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Turns out it's his self doubt about the event that is holding him back not the elements disapproval.
    Heckin' Superman Stories in my WoW again, drat.

10+ Year Old Account
    His Horde could have been Thrall 2.0 and ya that would be boring but seeing as Vol'jin is not 100% honor all the time it could have been something better. Like 70% Thrall Horde and 30% Sylvanas. He would understand that war is not clean but he wouldn't go as far to just burn down that damn tree for the fun of it like Sylvanas did.
    This is a popular fan conception of Vol'jin that never really materialized anywhere.

You seem to be suggesting that a hypothetical Warchief Vol'jin would've waged war in the first place. Why? He was opposed to Garrosh waging a war that was started by Varian Wrynn and opening offensives to secure resources that the Horde desperately needed.

Given that, and Vol'jin's adamant criticism, not of the Mana Bombing of Theramore, but the plan to attack it in the first place, despite Theramore being used to funnel Alliance troops into the Barrens, we can reasonably say that Vol'jin wouldn't have waged even necessary wars.

It literally would've been Thrall 2.0, and there's really not much beyond "BUT HE'S A SHADOW HUNTR AND THERE SNEEKY!!!" to suggest that he'd be anything but.

Vol'jin was the kind of guy that cared for the Horde and wanted peace for it but knew that sometimes you need to sniper someone in the back from the shadows to get things done.
    Again, this is just completely false, and has no actual support from canon material. If this were the case, Vol'jin would have, at the very least, supported Garrosh's war efforts in early Cataclysm, considering:
    A.) Garrosh's motives were justified
    B.) The war was started by Varian Wrynn
    C.) Horde offensives were centered around securing more hospitable land, since they were starving in Durotar

But apparently, anyone who doesn't buy into this fanfic romanticized version of Vol'jin is just unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    And how you think he's a failure is beyond me.

Horde players are so funny to watch. They complain about one thing, then a month later they're praising it. Then they switch again lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Metzen was seen at Blizzcon asking when the true warchief is coming back with great excitement. I think, at this point, Metzen might voice Thrall for pennies just because he loves the character so much.
    Based on current Blizzard trends I wouldn't be surprised if they just ripped out Metzen's vocal chords and slapped an NDA on him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Heckin' Superman Stories in my WoW again, drat.
    Thrall story is basically Superman shit, even the name, i pretty sure they will do something like this again

If they will do, i would rather "the death of superthrall" to see if he back he back with his balls

I do love shrieks both ways of "Character X had no potential!" "Yes he/she did!" as if they were alive. Any character could be anything the writers see fit to make him/her/it. Vol'jin could just as easily have been written to push BFA, in a different manner from the current "I Sell Merchandise with my Titties" warchief, but that's not what Marketing... er, the writers decided. I eagerly await the indignant responses about "creative freedom" that are completely ignorant of how corporations work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Thrall story is basically Superman shit, even the name, i pretty sure they will do something like this again

If they will do, i would rather "the death of superthrall" to see if he back he back with his balls
    Go'el = Kal'el

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone who doesn't buy into this fanfic romanticized version of Vol'jin is just unreasonable.
    You're right you are being unreasonable seeing as your the biggest Garrosh fanboy ever and refuse to accept any of his faults and hate anyone that talks shit about him.

we dont need more Greensus Christ of Latter Day Orcs.