Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Isn't mak'gora an orcish tradition? Neither of them is orc (and orcs don't play any significant role in Horde Leadership anymore), so why is mak'gora even relevant? She would just shot him down and that's about it.
    Added in a relevant part, but yeah. Mak'gora is an Orcish thing and not a Horde thing. No sense for Baine and Sylvanas to have one if neither are Orcs.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Better to die for something than live for nothing.
    If the results are "nothing happens" then you're also dying for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    If the results are "nothing happens" then you're also dying for nothing.
    That's up to the writers to make his death mean something, but keeping him alive doing nothing is pointless. Either shit or get off the pot like Rendal Graves said.

While entirely possible that Baine could best Sylvanas in hand to hand combat she'd likely cheat and have her boytoy Nathanos intervene, the alternative is that she wins fair and square. Both outcomes are not in Baines favour, he either wins and subsequently dies because Nathanos surely wouldn't let him kill Sylvanas without reprisal or Sylvanas wins without cheating and it according to horde customs firmly solidifies her validity as a warchief.

Better to die for something than live for nothing.
    He can continue to live and do something, someday....maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what Sylvanas really has outside of magic or weapons that's such a monumental advantage over Baine or any other more monstrous races like orcs, trolls and other tauren. Strength? Baine's a tauren. Speed? Baine's a tauren.
    Sylvanas has a lot of strength, maybe even beyond a Tauren. In warcrimes she quite literally pulled the head off a wolf. That takes more strength than any human has.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    He can continue to live and do something, someday....maybe.
    That makes for one hell of a war cry.

"LOK'TAR O'GAR, MAYBE SOMEDAY, FOR THE HORDE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the beginning of a joke lol

"So, a tauren and an undead engage in an orcish ritual..."

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't his daddy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because would ruin the entire shitshow plottwist that they are plaining

anything will be twist, bend or ruined to adapt in the plot, i said this many times.

Challenge her to mak'gora is a reasonable thing to do, who make sense inlore, but they can't allow that, they need the plot, so, mak'gora is not a option.

~~

Also, for the people saying "she is undead she would not care about orchish rituals" thats bullshit, its a horde law, everyone is bound to it

crazy as fuck how people only bring the horde costumes to say everyone should obey her blindly
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-02-16 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Baine is smart enough to know Sylvanas has no honor, and would have no problem cheating because Baine would absolutely destroy her in a fair fight.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because would ruin the entire shitshow plottwist that they are plaining

anything will be twist, bend or ruined to adapt in the plot, i said this many times.

Challenge her to mak'gora is a reasonable thing to do, who make sense inlore, but they can't allow that, they need the plot, so, mak'gora is not option.
    In what world is challenging the death monster who can kill people by flying through them and can be brought back from the dead, to a fight to the death a reasonable thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Sounds like the beginning of a joke lol

"So, a tauren and an undead engage in an orcish ritual..."
    Yeah! And not just any undead. An undead self-proclaimed elven queen who also is the Warchief of the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    In what world is challenging the death monster who can kill people by flying through them and can be brought back from the dead, to a fight to the death a reasonable thing to do?
    because in a mak'gora you only use one weapon, Bine already show he could torn her apart

She isn't immortal or a superman too

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    In brute strength and melee, Baine could definitely take her and probably most of the leaders singularly, but in terms of magic (which is actually not forbidden in mak'gora) and archery, Sylvanas would probably wipe the floor with him.
    i would like to see your source on magic being allowed in mak'gora cause last time we saw something similar, we got to play with the doomhammer for an entire expansion after that event
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Fuck your fair! My friends and family are at stake you cheap Elsa knockoff! Stomp these inbred savages into the dirt they crawled out off! THEY started this freaking war! What's more important, some backwards frogloving savages or the people of Kul'Tiras?
    Whoa, that's uncalled for. Kul Tirans are Fat deformed metal rejects that constantly hunt trolls and you don't see me that angry

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    i would like to see your source on magic being allowed in mak'gora cause last time we saw something similar, we got to play with the doomhammer for an entire expansion after that event
    Thrall used the elements during the Mak'gora against Garrosh in WotLK and nothing happened.
    And the one Issued by Ashra Valandril to Shagara. Ashra used Holy magic while Shagara used shaman spells
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    They tend to change the rules based on whatever the plot calls for, but usually the big thing is that only one weapon is allowed. That weapon can be a sword, an axe, a bow, magic, etc., but you only get to use one. Thrall chose his hammer and therefore cheated when he called on the elements to kill Garrosh. He didn't respect the rules, so the elements stopped heeding his call. That's why he decided to no longer wield Doomhammer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Thrall used the elements during the Mak'gora against Garrosh in WotLK and nothing happened.
    And the one Issued by Ashra Valandril to Shagara. Ashra used Holy magic while Shagara used shaman spells
    As fr as i know thrall use the elements to stop the fight

Mak'gora is a duel in equal terms, if the opponents can use magic is a 1x1 still.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying Baine is too much of a coward to lay down his life to force her hand for the betterment of the Horde. Because if he challenged her even knowing he would lose and die, at least he could do so knowing the other Horde leaders (short of Lor'themar and Gallywix of course) theoretically revolt and overthrow Sylvanas. That's right on the nose. The apple fell far from the tree indeed.
    What if her cheating is so good they can't prove anything, or worse, she doesn't cheat and still wins?

Then he dies, literally nothing happens, and Sylvanas gets to insert Magatha into leadership of the Bloodhoof tribe as part of some "morally grey" deal.

Actually that would be pretty rad, let's do that.

Do non-orcs do this?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself