Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm sure people will be happier next expansion, when the things that are being tested in BFA are improved on in whatever comes next. Like world mobs using AI, instead of being target dummies you just rip to bits.

But then again there's just no pleasing some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about? People are angry for the exact same reason: BfA is Legion, but way worse. The systems are all still there, but they are clunkier and unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Change can be good.
    Cancer is also change, but not good.
    BFA is cancer.
    Its not really BFA but modern wow in general and the entire design philosophy. BFA just shows those flaws better than anyone.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Bobby's not gonna get his money if people are happy and have fun. Just endless desperate grind will milk people dry of every last bloody cent.
    #FireBobbyKotick
    That shit bag of a CEO literally has 8000 followers on twitter. Most good CEO's have a heavy following since they actually do impressive things; this shit bag is a fucking waste.

I love how his headline is "Fortune top 100 company to work for 2018" - then he fires a bunch of people at the start of 2019.

What a fucking scum.

I'm pretty sick of the fanboyism too

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    The negativity comes from love, not hate for the game.
    This is what people do not seem to understand.

Same as always,people hate BfA like they hated Legion,next expansion they'll look back to BfA and say it was much better

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Can I give my opinion on some of these points purely for an open debate and wanting to make this game great again?

So the good ol trusty "vanilla" talents. For optimal yes there is cookie cutter, but doesn't that make it less fun because now you have 0 options?
    On the other hand I feel you are also right because back in the day you felt rewarded for leveling every level it was "oh sweet now I have 5% crit! and now I can move on to the next talent!"
    Now we have every 15 levels of "um i guess ill just take this i dont really care" feeling, its more options but at the same time it is also "cookie cutter" according to websites which obviously going to happen.
    You had options , especially during leveling. When you dinged, it was fun to open up your talent tree and put the point in, to decide where to put it. Now? Every 15 levels, you get to. Its minimalistic and just not as fun.

Jewels/Enchanting - ALL professions: they did at one point mean something, i remember choosing to be a specialized weaponsmith and now none of them have much impact or want or need or comparison to any raid gear so its what is the point? Jewels and Enchants should give you a slight edge pumping stats - i hate legion and bfa professions and progressions of them
    Yea. The professions is what really kills me. Their was no need to render them irrelevant, but they have tried their best to do so.

4 raid difficulties: LFG/LFR oh man, this was there to help low population servers and supposed to help people find groups easier. Sometimes classes of DPS were not invited because they "sucked" vs another class, remember BC? who would you take Lock vs Mage? Invite mage, mage make a table please, okay thanks kick the mage bring the lock in. Oh you are a pally? you heal main tank - druid? you are a healer. LFG/LFR did take away the social aspect of.. "hey that one tank on our server is on get him in hes good" It took that away from servers thus not social.
    I agree completely. Their are no more social aspects in WoW, at least not compared to the peak of the game. Guilds don't matter anymore. Their are no consequences of being a dick to anyone. Cross Realm was another horrible idea. You used to be able to make a name for yourself, good or bad, and now? You don't even know the people on your server.

Garrisons.. MAN at blizzcon this was cheered hardcore. PEOPLE WERE SUPER excited for Garrisons it looked so badass the announcements, really looked forward to it! These however took away exploring the world.. and just didnt live up to peoples expectations. But, the idea was good it was there you had your own little fort your own things you can do and you could invite your buddies into there have little parties etc I always think the backbone of it is there, and if Blizzard wanted to they could re-introduce it and improve on it
    This goes back to blizz being unwilling to fix their mistakes. They saw the hype at blizzcon. Now 2 expansions later, people HATE it. Its awful. Its not intuitive. Their is no depth. They just keep on keeping on though. They cannot be humble enough to say "you know what guys? Maybe we should either A) totally re-work garrisons or b) take them out and add in another cool feature" as they are missing the mark entirely. I mean not only are they boring, but blizz keeps nerfing them in terms of gold making. Its like they cannot get out of their own way at this point.

All the negativity regarding their management of the Allied Race's feature is well deserved.
    Also the criticism regarding the lore of the warcampaign has also many valid points.
    I also understand the criticism regarding class ability pruning and the Azerite system.

The criticism of being a bad expansion, the worst expansion, etc for me is a bit exaggerated. They did have many misses in BfA, but it isn't a terrible expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Same as always,people hate BfA like they hated Legion,next expansion they'll look back to BfA and say it was much better
    Nah. Not this time around. Island Expeditions have been a horrible grind fest. Their is no variation. They aren't fun at all, especially after the 20th, 30th time. The Warfronts are the only thing Id bring over. And honestly, I might be in the minority here, but I miss actual world dailies like the Molten Front. I cannot stand the world quest system right now. I almost wish Diablo 3 would have never been developed. We wouldnt have the world quest (bounty system), or the greater rifts (mythic +), or the whole legendary fiasco in legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    Things can evolve and change, but Blizzard are literally trying to reinvent the wheel every expansion before letting the wheel get a true test run. The minute they see any flaw with their wheel, they make a new wheel that also fails and then a new one comes out and---you get my point.

And now we've gotten to a point where their wheel re-Invention since Cataclysm has got us nowhere.

If you're sick of the negativity, clearly Indenial fanboy of WoW, tell Blizzard to do better and not fudge up their game so badly and stop being so blind, loyalty to a company gives you nothing, we're a number to them. Regardless of how any of us have seen It In the past how many years we are still customers who pay for a product and expect a certain level of quality and service that has not been given to us for a very long time. We are customers first, and fans second.

And blizzard and most companies gears run on the fact that customers replace being a customer with a fan first, they switch those things around In their heads, that's what they relly upon. And you shouldn't do that, ever. I made the mistake for a very long time and now It's time for me (And hopefully the rest of us) to realize we are customers first who have been lead blindly by our fanboyism of the game.

For example, despite me absolutely enjoying CD Project Red and their games, Witcher 3 namely being my favorite game of all time. I still remain skeptical of Cyberpunk 2077 and the company In general, not because I'm worried they'll give us a bad product but because I'm not a blind fanboy of anything anymore. And that's a good attutude to have, If you're skeptical and unsure If products will be good, you'll be surprised pleasently. As I was when playing Witcher 3, I didn't have expectations, I didn't think It'd be so good but It was.

Healthy skepticism > Fanboyism, guys. Important.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2019-02-20 at 04:45 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    All the negativity regarding their management of the Allied Race's feature is well deserved.
    Also the criticism regarding the lore of the warcampaign has also many valid points.
    I also understand the criticism regarding class ability pruning and the Azerite system.

The criticism of being a bad expansion, the worst expansion, etc for me is a bit exaggerated. They did have many misses in BfA, but it isn't a terrible expansion.
    Yea, the allied race system is flawed beyond belief, especially how you have to go back to old expansions to grind for them (the ones released in legion). They should honestly be available to anyone that owns said expansion. Yet another ball dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Things can evolve and change, but Blizzard are literally trying to reinvent the wheel every expansion before letting the wheel get a true test run. The minute they see any flaw with their wheel, they make a new wheel that also fails and then a new one comes out and---you get my point.

And now we've gotten to a point where their wheel re-Invention since Cataclysm has got us nowhere.

If you're sick of the negativity, clearly Indenial fanboy of WoW, tell Blizzard to do better and not fudge up their game so badly and stop being so blind, loyalty to a company gives you nothing, we're a number to them. Regardless of how any of us have seen It In the past how many years we are still customers who pay for a product and expect a certain level of quality and service that has not been given to us for a very long time. We are customers first, and fans second.
    Yep. I would love blizz to just refine, rework systems they currently have instead of trying to give us constant new shit all the time that is rushed and not well developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    What the game has gone through is not natural changes and evolving, it's targeted the lowest common denominator for so long that it barely appeals to anyone.
    It has for far too long tried to downplay basic psychology and instead hope that short-term dopamine rushes will keep players occupied. It has replaced meaningful goals with a bunch of non-consequential "side-stuff" that doesn't matter, and just hopes that if the game keeps firing incremental gear at you for no effort, you will keep paying for the game. Well, BFA has finally (it's been a long process, ever since end of MoP/beginning of WoD if you wanted a hard cutoff) tipped over some invisible edge, because people are leaving this sinking ship.

If I were to heavily generalize, BFA "appeals" to two types of players that just so happens to be the polar opposite of the spectrum. There's the casual, 3-5h/week player who just want to jump in, easily plow through all available PvE content in bare minimum gear, maybe do a m+3 or something with friends, then log off.

And on the other side, there's the Heroic or Mythic raider who just gets to jump into the latest raid. I won't pretend like I know what exactly a Mythic raider has to do in order to stay at the frontlines, but other than pushing the HoA, it's not like BFA is filled with "mandatory" buffs here and there. It's not like you HAVE to reach exalted with factions, have certain professions maxed for passive stat buffs, or anything else. You get the highest HoA you can, the best gear the RNG lottery throws at you, and you progress through the latest raid.

And inbetween are everyone else who are fed up, whether or not they understand why, with a game that treats them like they are incompetent, spoiled brats who wants nothing else than to get into the latest raid, and EVERYTHING ELSE should be as fast as possible to clear. And it should NEVER challenge them ever. Like playing a Diablo 3 season but being stuck on Normal until you get to push high GRifts in 4 man groups. BFA treats everything but M+ and progression raiding like pointless padding that one just has to suffer through in order to justify the price tag.

No, I want to play Island Expeditions without brainless AoE, I want to play Warfronts that require people to cooperate, I want to go to new continents where my character gets blown up by new, dangerous enemies if I play recklessly, I want to keep improving previous profession levels and become even better (not just this Kul Tiran side shit), I want to go into new dungeons having to communicate in order to defeat new bosses, I want to fight powerful world bosses that obliterates raids if people don't care about what to do, I want to feel like I need better gear in order to see more content, not just do more DPS in stuff I've already done.

But no.
    Instead, I am treated like a 7 year old with ADHD at Disneyland who has to cut all the lines to all the rides,
    or else I get bored instantly and want to leave.

Fuck BFA.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-02-20 at 04:51 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

May be Blizz should make wow less shit then? That will most likely reduce amount of negativity...

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    May be Blizz should make wow less shit then? That will most likely reduce amount of negativity...
    Eh no it won't. The internet has ruined gaming, and well, pretty much everything else. It has given people an outlet to be little bitches about everything , 24/7. Blizzard could make all of the changes that a majority of people have asked them to make and there would still be the same, if not more people bitching. People love to bitch about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What the game has gone through is not natural changes and evolving, it's targeted the lowest common denominator for so long that it barely appeals to anyone.
    It has for far too long tried to downplay basic psychology and instead hope that short-term dopamine rushes will keep players occupied. It has replaced meaningful goals with a bunch of non-consequential "side-stuff" that doesn't matter, and just hopes that if the game keeps firing incremental gear at you for no effort, you will keep paying for the game. Well, BFA has finally (it's been a long process, ever since end of MoP/beginning of WoD if you wanted a hard cutoff) tipped over some invisible edge, because people are leaving this sinking ship.

If I were to heavily generalize, BFA "appeals" to two types of players that just so happens to be the polar opposite of the spectrum. There's the casual, 3-5h/week player who just want to jump in, easily plow through all available PvE content in bare minimum gear, maybe do a m+3 or something with friends, then log off.

And on the other side, there's the Heroic or Mythic raider who just gets to jump into the latest raid. I won't pretend like I know what exactly a Mythic raider has to do in order to stay at the frontlines, but other than pushing the HoA, it's not like BFA is filled with "mandatory" buffs here and there. It's not like you HAVE to reach exalted with factions, have certain professions maxed for passive stat buffs, or anything else. You get the highest HoA you can, the best gear the RNG lottery throws at you, and you progress through the latest raid.

And inbetween are everyone else who are fed up, whether or not they understand why, with a game that treats them like they are incompetent, spoiled brats who wants nothing else than to get into the latest raid, and EVERYTHING ELSE should be as fast as possible to clear. And it should NEVER challenge them ever. Like playing a Diablo 3 season but being stuck on Normal until you get to push high GRifts in 4 man groups. BFA treats everything but M+ and progression raiding like pointless padding that one just has to suffer through in order to justify the price tag.

No, I want to play Island Expeditions without brainless AoE, I want to play Warfronts that require people to cooperate, I want to go to new continents where my character gets blown up by new, dangerous enemies if I play recklessly, I want to keep improving previous profession levels and become even better (not just this Kul Tiran side shit), I want to go into new dungeons having to communicate in order to defeat new bosses, I want to fight powerful world bosses that obliterates raids if people don't care about what to do, I want to feel like I need better gear in order to see more content, not just do more DPS in stuff I've already done.

But no,
    instead I am treated like a 7 year old with ADHD at Disneyland who has to cut all the lines to all the rides, or else I get bored instantly and want to leave.

Fuck BFA.
    And fuck Legion... and fuck Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I'm waiting for Classic.

Not because of the game, because Vanilla was crap and everyone except nostalgifags and fanboys could agree with this, but because people who say that WoW is ruined because is no more like in the past will play it and get bored like they are now. What will be their excuse then?
    or maybe people also like other expansions more than Vanilla.. like TBC/wrath etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    This looks promising *grabs popcorns*
    Hey bad boy, won't your bones hurt because of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

BFA is cancer, the devs and narrative team are at fault of this. You also can't put the blame on activision for this. Activision isn't responsible for bad writting,class changes,rng, character development, lack of flying, pvpwarmode, etc. That's all on the devs being lazy. Hoping some devs get replaced at next round of layoffs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I don't understand people that can be so against changes. Does people really want the game to stand still forever and never evolve?
    So things changes, everything changes. I do enjoy every expansion because they are different, not every may had the best systems.
    But i like when the developers are going out of their comfort zone and try new things and new systems, and not just stay in the past.
    Changes? I almost never see changes. that is the damn f problem. Can't say BfA is so much different from Legion. Legion was fun, cuz the new systems was new. BfA was just copy/paste with some new boring shiet like IE and WF which hit their fanbase poorly because Blizz don't know what their players want except for new raids, classes, zones and dungeons. I don't know if people knows it, but the war campain is BfA's Suramar questline, just very watered down without any extra zone. M+ if copy/paste, WQ and Emisseries are copy/Paste, titanforging, the pvp system (which was bad), reputation system, watered down AP system etc etc. Blizz are just lazy this expension. Only thing to look forward to now is the 8.2 Patch, which looks promising for once.

People are entitled to own opinion, even when it means that you will be "sick of negativity against WoW" fanboy, besides people are so angry with BfA because they used to love this game ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.