Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Soon as my head hits the pillow.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Depends on when you start counting. 99% of the time I watch shit on my PC while in bed so I fall asleep whenever, be it 30 mins since I got to bed or 5 hours. More often than not I fall asleep and wake up 1-2 hours later and then stay awake for like 3-4 hours and then sleep for another 4 or so.

Around 45 minutes to an hour. Shit sucks man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    I've had trouble falling asleep for a while but I've been listening to ASMR lately and it works well for me.
    I've been listening to ASMR for years and it's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Very quick like 10min especially when im dead tired after rough day.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Sleep is very important for good health. How long does it take you to fall asleep, or how long do you give yourself to fall asleep before you give up?
    I sleep 4-5 hours a night and those 4-5 hours I am PTFO, I crawl into bed and pass out withing minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes 10 mins, sometimes hours, my routine constannnnntly changes, I don't think ive stayed in a decent routine for more than 2 weeks for like 9 years lol

15+ Year Old Account
    If I lay by myself about an hour.
    If I listen to music 10-15min.
    If my partner wants to chat about the day, 2-3min. It causes us some issues.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm on my phone it can take me minimum of an hour. If I give myself no screen time about 30~ before I decide to sleep then usually within 10 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im so tired after my busy day with work etc im gone in 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    well i'm down to 3-4 hrs on avg per night.... and i don't go to bed till i'm dead tired to ensure i don't lay awake.. still i'd say 30 mins or so. I turn on netflix and set a time of 90mins on the TV. Personally i hate sleep and wish science could do away with the need for it.
    Might not feel it or see it, but 4 hours you're going to make yourself ill.

Usually like less than 5 minutes, sometimes even within 30 seconds of my head hitting the pillow if I am tired enough, or couch, or floor. I can sleep anywhere.

I do however wake up every couple of hours every night mostly, pretty sure I have horrible arthritis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Might not feel it or see it, but 4 hours you're going to make yourself ill.
    Ya, if you don't get a minimum of 7-8 a night you are guaranteed to develop Alzheimer's or dementia, or Parkinson etc. Your brain needs to hit all stages of sleep to heal itself every day from the low level of brain damage it incurs from the chemical bath it is subjected to throughout your waking hours. The only exception is a certain gene that a small % of the population has which allows people to do the process in 5 hours.

I usually lay down, and flip on the TV. I'm usually out within 10 mins. My husband usually turns off the TV. lol
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most nights it's near instantly. Some nights if I'm not that tired, it can be 10-20 minutes. Rarely, if I'm really worried about something, up to 1 hour.

Usually less than 5-10, sometimes under stress up to 3 hours. Depends

Yoga and eating plant-based foods helps me cope with the stress (I'm at Dental School).
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I go to bed at 9:26, and if I'm not asleep by 9:36-9:40, I give up and take a sleep formula pill.

Should I give myself more time?
    If u think about the time ur brain will stay awake. Stop thinking, for me if i think to much i just stay still in bed usually on my back and not on the side even if u might feel unconfartable and then u just sleep

Sleep is very important for good health. How long does it take you to fall asleep, or how long do you give yourself to fall asleep before you give up?
    About 5 min. Not drinking pop really helps with that. I find a lot of people who say they have trouble sleeping but drink sugar and caffeine all day.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It varies for me. On a good night, maybe an hour. On a not so good night, anywhere from 2-4 hours (or just not really falling asleep at all).

I take those melatonin gummies sometimes, and they do help (seems like I fall asleep quicker and feel better in the morning). Side effect of melatonin for me is that I dream more often when I take it, and those are intense nightmares sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    It varies for me. On a good night, maybe an hour. On a not so good night, anywhere from 2-4 hours (or just not really falling asleep at all).

I take those melatonin gummies sometimes, and they do help (seems like I fall asleep quicker and feel better in the morning). Side effect of melatonin for me is that I dream more often when I take it, and those are intense nightmares sometimes.
    Melatonin has given me some of the worse nightmares as well. Also the only times I've experienced sleep paralysis is when I'm taking the stuff. I use it sparingly now. But for sure it does the trick if you want to knock out quickly.