Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They really need to add some new classes to play. Let us play as lizardmen or something.
    No Saur would be caught working in the Empire. They've no reason to be there, at all. The other group members would never accept one. I also think that everyone would want to play the Saur because they're so damned cool.
    But there are other human factions. A vampire might even work, since many of the Vampire Counts fought with the Empire against Chaos in the End Times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No Saur would be caught working in the Empire. They've no reason to be there, at all. The other group members would never accept one. I also think that everyone would want to play the Saur because they're so damned cool.
    But there are other human factions. A vampire might even work, since many of the Vampire Counts fought with the Empire against Chaos in the End Times.
    I mean i'm not a loremaster of Warhammer but do you think someone like Saltzpyre would rather work with a vampire then a lizardman? A vampire would be cool tho. Now that i think about it i guess a lizardman would be to big. It would have to be a skink.

I mean i'm not a loremaster of Warhammer but do you think someone like Saltzpyre would rather work with a vampire then a lizardman? A vampire would be cool tho. Now that i think about it i guess a lizardman would be to big. It would have to be a skink.
    He's already working with Sienna, whos more or less a crazed witch for him. Given the circumstances, he would probably just see them as an necessary evil to defeat the enemies of the empire.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    He's already working with Sienna, whos more or less a crazed witch for him. Given the circumstances, he would probably just see them as an necessary evil to defeat the enemies of the empire.
    Problem is that the vampires more so than renegade mages are kind of the "mortal" enemy of the Empire. However old Salty is an outlier as an Inquisitor and not just because of Sienna. No proper fanatic would work with someone NOT believing in Sigmar, basically excluding all non-humans, yet here he is realizing he needs help to fight for the greater good. It would be a stretch but it could work on his end.

The one that actually complicates adding a vampire to the party in stronger fashion is Kruber. He has a bad history with Necromancy and a deep hatred for it and vampires are very much about Necromancy in Warhammer. Its a tough mix.

Beastmen are awesome (though i would have prefered greenskins), new endgame mode sounds interesting, but no new maps/campaign sucks giant dick. I'll really depend on the price for me. An expansion without a new campaign honestly isn't even an expansion to me, just a slightly larger dlc.

Saltzs' issue with Sienna isn't that bad. The only reason he agreed to be her jailer in the first place was so he had a valid excuse to head to Ubersreik to investigate the Skaven menace. He keeps a close eye on her of course, because her addiction to pyromancy can go sour real quick, but there's no real animosity outside of Sienna constantly flirting and teasing him. He even offers her multiple options to redeem herself in their dialogues, though none of them really appeal to her.

Kruber does hate necromancy like Saltzpyre hates heretics, though I suppose an argument can be made for an undead character that doesn't do necromancy. Lohner mentions working alongside one.

In the end, however, I don't see any new character being added if only for the reason of logistics. You'll have to record tons of new dialogue, new interactions for every map, and it'll feel strange to be playing with the same set of 5 and then have everyone act like the newcomers have been there all along.

Also, DLC looks like a massive step in the right direction. I'm interested in how the 8 Winds maps will function.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Lizardmen are like aliens, most people don't even know they exist. Ontop of that, Lizardmen sincerely don't care about the other races enough to ever band together with any of them. They're cold, calculating yet bestial.
    Vampires on the other hand have more in common with the mortals, that's why the Vampire Counts sided with the Empire against Chaos (though Vlad went double-traitor by later joining Nagash, one of the evil Tomb King characters). They did that because no matter what, the vampires still need the living and don't want to serve Chaos. Apart from the Blood Knights that turned to Khorne, cus blood.
    Saltzpyre already tolerates Sienna (a renegade witch) and Kerillian (a wood elf with her own gods counter to Sigmar, and she can also become a Shade as a spec which means Khaine worship), so I don't think a vampire would be too much of a stretch. That said, a vampire might also be too cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Problem is that the vampires more so than renegade mages are kind of the "mortal" enemy of the Empire. However old Salty is an outlier as an Inquisitor and not just because of Sienna. No proper fanatic would work with someone NOT believing in Sigmar, basically excluding all non-humans, yet here he is realizing he needs help to fight for the greater good. It would be a stretch but it could work on his end.

The one that actually complicates adding a vampire to the party in stronger fashion is Kruber. He has a bad history with Necromancy and a deep hatred for it and vampires are very much about Necromancy in Warhammer. Its a tough mix.
    Not during the End Times. Emperor Karl Franz made Vlad von Carstein an Elector Count for his aid in defending Altdorf.
    I think they could make it work if they wanted to. Or maybe we could get a Bretonnian, that would definitely work without any trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Beastmen are awesome (though i would have prefered greenskins), new endgame mode sounds interesting, but no new maps/campaign sucks giant dick. I'll really depend on the price for me. An expansion without a new campaign honestly isn't even an expansion to me, just a slightly larger dlc.
    No Greenskins present to fight the Empire during the End Times. They're elsewhere, stompin' stunties and the entire eastern empires by themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

In the end, however, I don't see any new character being added if only for the reason of logistics. You'll have to record tons of new dialogue, new interactions for every map, and it'll feel strange to be playing with the same set of 5 and then have everyone act like the newcomers have been there all along.
    I think this might be very much it, sadly. Instead, they will add new specializations for the current characters.

I'd love new characters or careers. A Sigmarite priest or a High Elven mage would be really fancy. Also maybe a Bretonnian character or someone from Kislev? Vampire could also be really cool in terms of gameplay (super speed active ability, drain life passively). Maybe they need to do a spin-off with different characters.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-03-01 at 07:58 PM.

Yes. Lizardmen are like aliens, most people don't even know they exist. Ontop of that, Lizardmen sincerely don't care about the other races enough to ever band together with any of them. They're cold, calculating yet bestial.
    Vampires on the other hand have more in common with the mortals, that's why the Vampire Counts sided with the Empire against Chaos (though Vlad went double-traitor by later joining Nagash, one of the evil Tomb King characters). They did that because no matter what, the vampires still need the living and don't want to serve Chaos. Apart from the Blood Knights that turned to Khorne, cus blood.
    Saltzpyre already tolerates Sienna (a renegade witch) and Kerillian (a wood elf with her own gods counter to Sigmar, and she can also become a Shade as a spec which means Khaine worship), so I don't think a vampire would be too much of a stretch. That said, a vampire might also be too cool

- - - Updated - - -

Not during the End Times. Emperor Karl Franz made Vlad von Carstein an Elector Count for his aid in defending Altdorf.
    I think they could make it work if they wanted to. Or maybe we could get a Bretonnian, that would definitely work without any trouble!

- - - Updated - - -

No Greenskins present to fight the Empire during the End Times. They're elsewhere, stompin' stunties and the entire eastern empires by themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this might be very much it, sadly. Instead, they will add new specializations for the current characters.
    Yes, but Vermintide 2 takes place in an alternate timeline after the end times have been averted. Which is why the game is no longer called "Warhammer End Times", like the first one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but Vermintide 2 takes place in an alternate timeline after the end times have been averted. Which is why the game is no longer called "Warhammer End Times", like the first one.
    Is that really the case? I figured it was because naming it End Times twice wouldn't make sense.

Is that really the case? I figured it was because naming it End Times twice wouldn't make sense.
    In the regular timeline, as you surely know, the end times happened, chaos won, everything was fucked for a couple millenia while sigmar made love to a ball of molten metal and eventually found the mortal realms. queue age of sigmar.
    Vermintide 2 splits from those events, because in the vermintide timeline, chaos didn't win, the end times were stopped, and the planet never exploded. It basically was the only way to make a second one without having to set it in age of sigmar (which i personally wouldn't have a problem with, but a lot of people would).
    At least, that's how i understood the information back when 2 was announced.

There are no split timelines with Vermintide 2.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the regular timeline, as you surely know, the end times happened, chaos won, everything was fucked for a couple millenia while sigmar made love to a ball of molten metal and eventually found the mortal realms. queue age of sigmar.
    Vermintide 2 splits from those events, because in the vermintide timeline, chaos didn't win, the end times were stopped, and the planet never exploded. It basically was the only way to make a second one without having to set it in age of sigmar (which i personally wouldn't have a problem with, but a lot of people would).
    At least, that's how i understood the information back when 2 was announced.
    Got a source on that?
    Total War: Warhammer 1 and 2 were made too, you know. Just because the End Times happened doesn't mean we can't do Warhammer Fantasy games anymore. I figured Vermintide 1 and 2 are all set just prior to and during the End Times, meaning that the End Times are still ongoing in Vermintide 2.

Got a source on that?
    Total War: Warhammer 1 and 2 were made too, you know. Just because the End Times happened doesn't mean we can't do Warhammer Fantasy games anymore. I figured Vermintide 1 and 2 are all set just prior to and during the End Times, meaning that the End Times are still ongoing in Vermintide 2.
    I did some googling, and it looks like i was misinformed. Vermintide 2 still takes place during the end times, you are completely right. I apologize.

The Anniversary map is hella fun and the best limited time content I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    The Anniversary map is hella fun and the best limited time content I've experienced.
    Super fun, but have yet to get past the Bar part :P rng and those building columns are fucking me every time haha
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Super fun, but have yet to get past the Bar part :P rng and those building columns are fucking me every time haha
    It's sort of the best 'bar fight' encounter I've had in a game. Granted, those are limited events.

The gang of Chaos Warriors barging down the stairs was the greatest 'oh hell' moments when Kruber is half-drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... anyone up to play? would really like to find a group of people to play with, and even better if its people from this forum (have been in this place for way too long to not give a damn about any of you)

So who's hyped for some Beastmen? release date is the 13th this month and of course a gory trailer

Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    So who's hyped for some Beastmen? release date is the 13th this month and of course a gory trailer

Yes!!!!

but i'm also quite worried, the reddit of Vermintide became a shit show, as people don't like the new stagger and dodge changes that were made with the expansion, i haven't tried it yet, but... i really worry that those changes may end up ruining the feel of the combat.