Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've just realized one thing! Blizzard are lying and fooling us again! 8.2 will obviously be last patch of BFA and both Nezjatar and Mechagnome locations will be no-flying forever! Flying needs to be released NOW!!!! Blizzard have promised not to release flying and new no-flying content close to each other! And at the same time is close enough, you know.
    No, they said they would allow flying in the new 8.2 open-world zone. Nazjatar is inside a giant air-filled dome so flying would work there.

The mechagnome zone is supposed to be very small, just the area around the entrance to the megadungeon, so it actually wouldn't matter if they don't allow flying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Of course it does. Id bet almost any amount of money that if you took and did a poll and based it on age, that the older crowd (30+) is either fine with the current way flying is rewarded in game or would like to see it abolished. The younger (used to instant gratification) would love for flying to be in from minute 1 in an expansion.

WoW is essentially a lobby based game at this point. There is hardly any social aspects left.
    This suggests the game has new (starting with WoD, when flying was changed), young players. Because yes, if little Joe started to play in BC and he was 10 at the time he is only 24 atm, so he is under 30, but he still experienced the whole flying debacle and can have a perfectly valid opinion about it... So your statistics probably wouldn't work the way you suggest it...
    I'm 37 and been playing since the end of bc. I miss flying.

If you have warmofe on then flying is automatically disabled. Bam, problem solved for all the flying qq’ers

Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    If you have warmofe on then flying is automatically disabled. Bam, problem solved for all the flying qq’ers
    Which is utterly irrelevant because those aren't the people the solution needs to satisfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, they said they would allow flying in the new 8.2 open-world zone. Nazjatar is inside a giant air-filled dome so flying would work there.

The mechagnome zone is supposed to be very small, just the area around the entrance to the megadungeon, so it actually wouldn't matter if they don't allow flying there.
    I don't know about 8.2.. I know they can HOLD IT longer maybe very near end of xpac to release last minute flying open world. You know blizzard they can't deliver us whatever they promised you but big middle finger to your face is probably their way of showing how bad this xpac was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druidthot View Post
    then pvp and bonus 10-15% including pvp talents are meaningless when disabled flying. No nah, i have another solution for you... https://www.wowhead.com/spell=279490/net-o-matic-5000 Encourage pvpers to get this for warmode. 10 sec cds and 100 yards dismount. Idc how hard is it to use this.

Dat stupid argument again. The whole point - is that Pathfinder is split into two in order to time-gate it. And again. Pathfinder 2 will be earned in future content, that doesn't even exist yet and has nothing to do with current content. And current content is already completed. So where is my flying in current content? Don't pretend, that you're stupid and don't understand this simple logic.
    You cannot unlock flying until part 2 is completed and then you will unlock it everywhere. It isn't a stupid argument, it's the facts. Apparently you cannot understand THAT logic.

Dunno, it just seems, that some players assume, that everybody can do 100% content every day and therefore only thing, that prevents players from progressing - is time gating. Trying to make things the way, that prevents players from completing 100% content every day - is what Blizzard actually try to achieve. Rares, sitting at the furthest corner of location, full of mobs - is thing, that prevents players from killing them effectively enough to gain 10 Corrupted Apexis (or how it's called?) every day. I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO IT WITHOUT FLYING. 500% guarantee. And, as I remember, this quest had the best Apexis reward.
    Pretty much.

WoW these days is about timegating. And they do it so carefully now just to make sure that extra month of sub money comes through.

Greedy.

It's sad we are to a point where game devs have to compromise on a simple feature that has barely any negative impact on the game. Thankfully there are games that compromise a lot better when it comes to mounted features.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You cannot unlock flying until part 2 is completed and then you will unlock it everywhere. It isn't a stupid argument, it's the facts. Apparently you cannot understand THAT logic.
    Worst scenario coming from blizzard, they probably would not make it account wide (hopefully not). Must do it every characters to make you pissy as fuck. Make extra money coming goes thru longer

Don't you see it? Clearly, Blizzard is not introducing flying earlier due to personal enmity against WowIsDead64.

I kind of like how it is now. Learn the lay of the land. Struggle on the dirt. Get tired of the dirt. Then get be happy when flying happens. Although, we all know it means new lands will be released where anything moderately rewarding will be happening in the game and it wont have flying in all likelihood and will show you the true meaning of maze of rocks packed full of mobs that every auto attack dazes at 99% of the time and they often root, stun, and polymorph between attacks that do on average half a players health.

And what, exactly, do you think the point of making Pathfinder and all or nothing setup, then delaying Part 2 for 6 months, is for? The entire thing is one giant timegate.

Or do you have an alternative explanation? Because I can tell you it has very little to do with Blizzard wanting players to experience the content in a specific way, considering even the most casual player will have finished everything the open world has to offer long before part 2 becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Worst scenario coming from blizzard, they probably would not make it account wide (hopefully not). Must do it every characters to make you pissy as fuck. Make extra money coming goes thru longer
    Thankfully, Blizzard is very happy with Pathfinder as it is. I'm not worried about that ever happening.

Thankfully, Blizzard is very happy with Pathfinder as it is. I'm not worried about that ever happening.
    Nobody thought they'd take it away after the system worked for bc, wotlk, cata, and mop. But here we are.

I don't trust blizzard not to make things more inconvenient to us in the future.

The flying change that happened in WoD seems to have really had a negative impact on the game

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Nobody thought they'd take it away after the system worked for bc, wotlk, cata, and mop. But here we are.

I don't trust blizzard not to make things more inconvenient to us in the future.
    Blizzard never once publicly said they were happy with the original setup now did they? They public said they were happy with Pathfinder. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    We had higher sub numbers in WotLK and MoP than WoD which is when they started restricting flying.
    cold weather flying and wisdom of the four winds, which were a large chunk of gold back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    cold weather flying and wisdom of the four winds, which were a large chunk of gold back in the day.
    Yes but you could get them the minute you had that gold. Not a year later after getting that gold. Also pretty sure basic flying took a nerf in gold come Wrath did it not? Lemme go check.

According to Wowpedia in 3.2 Expert got nerfed to 600g and Cold Weather was 1000. So 1600 gold total. That's not that bad. Even for Wrath.

Flying has zero reason to be timegated and that's all it is. Part 1 should either give flying or it should be buyable with gold again.

Why do we even need to compromise in a video game? Especially one that's more about player freedom?

If a dev has to timegate a basic feature like flying by nearly a year then somethings wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-05 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

Dunno. But when I hear, that Blizzard say, that they'll make it like Tanaan, i.e. with rares, describe how "good" it be on a ground, I start to really doubt, that they'll ever allow flying there. Do you really think, that they'll "sacrifice" such good content? At least without some massive time gate? And. Also "it's not part of initial map" rule work here. Have you read bluepost, I've linked above? Do you know, that according to some made up logic, Blizzard NEVER allow flying in content, added in content patches? Tanaan isn't exception - they said, that it was there since release and they just unlocked it.

And the biggest question is - what new content do you expect in patch 8.3?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-03-05 at 04:11 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Blizzard also said they were happy with BFA as it continues to bleed subs..

Blizzard never once publicly said they were happy with the original setup now did they? They public said they were happy with Pathfinder. Big difference.
    Which again is exactly why i said, "I don't trust blizzard not to make things more inconvenient to us in the future"

And oh look, portals removed. To "expand" the game.