Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The post makes perfect sense, and they are very much correct in saying that too many portals will make the world feel small and disconnected. This is yet another example of when game design can't follow democracy. If players got to decide they'd have a menu that'd let them teleport to any zone, any city, and any instance. Because to players, convenience is always more important than anything else. Then they'd scratch their heads and wonder why the game feels like a bunch of loading screens.

The bigger problem is that they keep letting these things spiral out of control. There shouldn't even be the case that there are so many portals to every single major area that people forget there's a world between A and B.

I understand wanting the world to be big, which is why I'm so excited for WoW Classic. The problem here is that the majority of modern WoW still won't encourage players to go out in the world.
    And this is the biggest problem if any that results from portal removal. It's not the loss of inconvenience in itself, it's that the game world overall is pointless almost right away after hitting maxlevel.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-03-07 at 08:50 AM.

Blizzard need to stop working against the playerbase, simple as that. But they are too disconnected to ever even consider it.

People that are raging about removal of portals...grow up. You're playing an MMORPG with a large open world. Piss off with your 'I want a lobby to afk in and then a portal to get me instantly to where I want to go'

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    People that are raging about removal of portals...grow up. You're playing an MMORPG with a large open world. Piss off with your 'I want a lobby to afk in and then a portal to get me instantly to where I want to go'
    We are. That's kind of the point. We're "pissing off" and taking our time elsewhere. Have fun when the lights go out.

The reasoning of "to make the world big" is so freaking stupid. That is fine BUT MAKE THAT BIG WORLD RELEVANT! I don't mind to go through a big world if said big world was alive and relevant. But Blizzard does nothing to address with garbage.

What the game needs is a overhaul of the crafting system that makes old world materials relevant to make end game cosmetic items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneaky move.

This way people have to stay subbed longer if they want to finish content due to travel time.

Means they can squeeze an extra month out of people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    i know i haven't played in a while, but what kind of means of transport are warlocks supposed to have??
    Demonic circle
    demonic gateway
    Burning rush
    if you mean portal wise, then its the summoning stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyMcDerp View Post
    We are. That's kind of the point. We're "pissing off" and taking our time elsewhere. Have fun when the lights go out.
    Leaving an mmo because you need to travel for a bit. Looooool

Are you 12 and did you start in Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Sneaky move.

This way people have to stay subbed longer if they want to finish content due to travel time.

Means they can squeeze an extra month out of people.
    yeah man, the vanilla devs were fucking trash, forcing everyone to walk for 40 levels, then 60% for 20 levels and no flying?
    no flying come on, forcing us to take forever to get around, forcing us to stay subbed longer.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah fuck blizzard, we need to fire all the shit devs there.

Are you 12, and that's the most useful reply you can come up with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah fuck blizzard, we need to fire all the shit devs there.
    Too late.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    The reasoning of "to make the world big" is so freaking stupid. That is fine BUT MAKE THAT BIG WORLD RELEVANT! I don't mind to go through a big world if said big world was alive and relevant. But Blizzard does nothing to address with garbage.

What the game needs is a overhaul of the crafting system that makes old world materials relevant to make end game cosmetic items.
    It's why i unsubbed. Current bfa content was to boring for me and the new world felt small because there was nothing to do.
    Old content was a nice filler, easy to access, quick raids, quests, travel time.
    If i knew it would take me to much time to travel i would have stopped doing it or unsubbed earlier.
    apart from achievements and few drops there is no content that makes the world for me to explore. mount up, fly and autorun then alt-tab is nothing that makes the world big.

making the world relevant to players makes the world big. removing convenience and not adding content makes the world not worth to explore.

It's blizzards fault for giving players an handholding approach in previous expansions. Content that is stupid easy to access and requires no effort, hell they even got rid of flightpaths on Argus and gave us teleports. Now they are trying to revert that. The logic and game design is all over the place... no set items, gear is purely RNG and for every spec, however they require addons or websites like askmrrobot. I miss the times where u had tanking, healing, dps stats on gear (not trinkets)

Are you 12, and that's the most useful reply you can come up with?
    Why do you want the world to feel smaller? The only answer is you're young enough to want instant gratification and most likely shouldn't be playing mmo's.

7+ Year Old Account
    imma go out on a limb here and guess you either don't have a job at all or don't have a customer-facing job, since you seem to act like you're still a child.
    DerpyMcDerp: "You act like a child"
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But no, the customer is not always right, if you ACTUALLY had a job dealing with customers, you would very quickly realise "the customer is always right" is only true like 3% of the time, most of the time customers are just idiots.

"call of duty is shit, we want innovation" yet they sell insane amounts
    "pokemon needs to innovate!" yes guess what people hate the most? the new systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Too late.
    too late what?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    Anyone doing anything but shrugging their shoulders at this news needs to have a long hard look at their very empty lives.
    I wish I could look at it the same way you do, unfortunately I don't have your amount of free time.

Why do you want the world to feel smaller? The only answer is you're young enough to want instant gratification and most likely shouldn't be playing mmo's.
    Why do you think portals make the world feel small? The only answer is that someone else said it, so you're just parroting their own thoughts instead of actually giving real consideration to this change and what it actually effects.

If we wanted instant gratification, we wouldn't be running SoO and all the other legacy raids multiple times every week on multiple difficulties while also taking our alts through multiple runs of holiday events, world quests, etc. Of course, my main is a mage, so this just makes playing my alts feel boring as Hell.

If they truly think the ability to teleport ruins the game, then they would be removing all of the mage portal spells and the druid Dreamway portals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    too late what?
    Too late they already quit or got laid off.

Let me explain, because i see you don't get the point.
    People are frustrated because instead of wasting time on portals, creating new rooms/buildings/graphics for portals they should focus on new content for the playerbase.

People did old content to kill time till there is something new to do or till their friends would pop up to do one m+ for weekly

That is why people get annoyed at blizz... sry, activision on even small details, because they are doing irrelevant work

7+ Year Old Account
    wait can you show me the shit devs that quit?
    also you mean the last 2 firings of 2019 and 2012?
    both of those were not developers, they have been hiring more devs, not firing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yerin View Post
    Let me explain, because i see you don't get the point.
    People are frustrated because instead of wasting time on portals, creating new rooms/buildings/graphics for portals they should focus on new content for the playerbase.

People did old content to kill time till there is something new to do or till their friends would pop up to do one m+ for weekly

That is why people get annoyed at blizz... sry, activision on even small details, because they are doing irrelevant work
    a portal room is new content, also you think adding/removing portals takes a dev like a whole day?

Why do you think portals make the world feel small? The only answer is that someone else said it, so you're just parroting their own thoughts instead of actually giving real consideration to this change and what it actually effects.

If we wanted instant gratification, we wouldn't be running SoO and all the other legacy raids multiple times every week on multiple difficulties while also taking our alts through multiple runs of holiday events, world quests, etc. Of course, my main is a mage, so this just makes playing my alts feel boring as Hell.

If they truly think the ability to teleport ruins the game, then they would be removing all of the mage portal spells and the druid Dreamway portals.

- - - Updated - - -

And you're parroting the idea that no player makes up his/her own mind. Yes, I do, myself, believe that adding portals makes the world feel smaller. I don't know if I could ever convince you I'm not just parroting someone else's opinion.

I, too, run old dungeouns. I understand it's a bit of a hassle to get there sometimes. But in no way should Blizzard bow to collectors if the tradeoff is that you forget about the WORLD in world of warcraft.

Quitting over this change really IS childish. Deal with it.

Also, as to your point on mage and druid portals: They implied in that post, and have said many times in the past, that classes should have the some advantages over others.
    Last edited by Season2mask; 2019-03-07 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    In other words:

We know you don't like this, but we are going to do it anyway. Thank you next.
    Did anyone actually expect anything else? Blizzard has been doing this for years. At least it shows they are aware we're unhappy with it. Had they not posted, I might have otherwise assumed they were simply ignorant.

Bring me back to when virtually the entire community was asking Blizzard to make Bladespire and Karabor the capital cities for Horde and Alliance respectively in Warlords of Draenor, and Blizzard blatantly blew them off because trashran was easier. It's really rare for the WoW community to literally come together on issues like this and speak almost unanimously. Blizzard simply doesn't care.

The only thing this post shows is that they are aware we don't want portals arbitrarily removed. It doesn't show that they care or would have changed anything regardless of how players feel or how it impacts them. Convenience is starting to seem like an after-thought to them and that's kind of concerning...

At least some of the portals are back, I guess. Just have to take what we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I agree. but we gotta remember that the WoW Community, well atleast many of the people in it at Entitled people. Who feel entitled to everything. I personally don't care for the change, cause it just gets me out into the world. Now if they had removed Flight paths I'd be upset.

Also that BM buff. I mean Bm is already beastly but oof. That is gonna be nice.
    Then people wonder why blizzard doesn't want to communicate, I get it that it's a change that people won't like, but at least they are saying why they did it and made a post about it, I personally don't care and it doesn't affect the way I play the game, but as I said, I understand why some people are mad about this and yet they should appreciate that blizzard at least said something about it, I don't mean "great blizzard keep it on we love you!" but a more polite way and constructive criticism about it.