Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Because there were no stupid Gen 1 Pokemon, right?
    Just dont go there. I dont think anyone really needs more of that "genwunner" crap.

Watching the trailer again im reminded of what I heard the developers of Dragonquest 11 say creating their game in that random encounters felt kind of lifeless with bigger and better more beautiful rendered worlds and nothing to fill it with so they made the random encounters actually have models walking around etc

Now dont get me wrong, gamefreak are not there yet in creating impressive worlds but if they do they should actually fill that world with said pokemon otherwise it looks rather lifeless as graphics improve(in this case very slowly.)

Also the sword and shield icons, 2 dollars the new legendary pokemon are wolves. Werewolf in london baby
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-03-04 at 09:35 PM.

Sworlds, shields and British history. There better be some knights somewhere in this game.

I think Scorbunny will be a Football/Soccer themed.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Sworlds, shields and British history. There better be some knights somewhere in this game.
    Would be interesting if we could have a full team of "knight" Pokemon. We already have three with Samurott, Escavalier, and Bisharp... all coincidentally from Gen 5.

And.....sure, looks fine, but its on switch aka over-priced console. I wont buy. 3DS is perfect for handheld.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I think Scorbunny will be a Football/Soccer themed.
    If it gets hit by a poison effect, does that mean he's got a burning case of athlete's foot? XD

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My only questions for this game are: Will we be able to have multiple save files? Will there be a New Game+ mode? Will we be able to up the difficulty at the very start of the game?

We're moving to the Switch instead of the 3DS. All of these should be possible.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2019-03-06 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My only questions for this game are: Will we be able to have multiple save files? Will there be a New Game+ mode? Will we be able to up the difficulty at the very start of the game?
    It's probably going to work like let's go where you could have saves for different users, which sort of works. And I don't think we'll ever see a change difficulty option in Pokemon games.

But what would that look like? The best I can assume is the AI would have better/perfect stats or pull competition cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's probably going to work like let's go where you could have saves for different users, which sort of works. And I don't think we'll ever see a change difficulty option in Pokemon games.

But what would that look like? The best I can assume is the AI would have better/perfect stats or pull competition cheese.
    How about enemies just having more Pokemon? The most annoying thing is stomping everything in my path because I have a full team of six and everyone else has 2 Pokemon on average, with Gym Leaders and other 'big fights' being closer to 3 Pokemon on average.

They could also do things like give the Pokemon items to hold for buffs, have the trainers use Potions and medicine more often, raise the stats, or even just add additional enemies you have to fight through before you can get back to a Pokemon Center.

There's a lot of ways they could do difficulty. Hell, it could even just be a blanket nerf on your Pokemon, setting them to 75% of all stats instead of 100%.

How about enemies just having more Pokemon? The most annoying thing is stomping everything in my path because I have a full team of six and everyone else has 2 Pokemon on average, with Gym Leaders and other 'big fights' being closer to 3 Pokemon on average.

They could also do things like give the Pokemon items to hold for buffs, have the trainers use Potions and medicine more often, raise the stats, or even just add additional enemies you have to fight through before you can get back to a Pokemon Center.

There's a lot of ways they could do difficulty. Hell, it could even just be a blanket nerf on your Pokemon, setting them to 75% of all stats instead of 100%.
    I could see that working to some degree, but it could also make it tedious. A bug catcher can have a full team. But if you just boost the stats or nerf the player, all that seems to do is make a fight require a few more hits to end rather than make it difficult.

And Pokemon centers can't charge money if wild fights don't pay. That just leads to it being punishing to try and train your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I could see that working to some degree, but it could also make it tedious. A bug catcher can have a full team. But if you just boost the stats or nerf the player, all that seems to do is make a fight require a few more hits to end rather than make it difficult.

And Pokemon centers can't charge money if wild fights don't pay. That just leads to it being punishing to try and train your team.
    That's the point! It's meant to be a Hard Mode. The normal game would still exist, this would be for people who are interested in a serious challenge. Also, I tend to have more money in Pokemon games than I know what to do with. Having to actually manage that money might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And.....sure, looks fine, but its on switch aka over-priced console. I wont buy. 3DS is perfect for handheld.
    Oh no! Not $100 price difference between the Switch and the New 3DS! The Switch is the same price as PS4 and XBO, and $100 cheaper than PS4Pro and XBO X. The Switch has the added benefit of being a handheld as well, unlike the other 2 consoles.

Also, Game Freak already said Gen 7 was the last pokemon generation on the 3DS. And the 3DS was having a hard time with the pokemon games anyway. The various multi-battles would tank the framerate quite a bit. Switch isn't "overpriced". It's the same price as the other consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Oh no! Not $100 price difference between the Switch and the New 3DS! The Switch is the same price as PS4 and XBO, and $100 cheaper than PS4Pro and XBO X. The Switch has the added benefit of being a handheld as well, unlike the other 2 consoles.

Also, Game Freak already said Gen 7 was the last pokemon generation on the 3DS. And the 3DS was having a hard time with the pokemon games anyway. The various multi-battles would tank the framerate quite a bit. Switch isn't "overpriced". It's the same price as the other consoles.
    Fucking hell, that's what that is? I started playing through Moon recently and the multi-battles are painfully slow, even with 3D turned off. It's really annoying.

That's the point! It's meant to be a Hard Mode. The normal game would still exist, this would be for people who are interested in a serious challenge. Also, I tend to have more money in Pokemon games than I know what to do with. Having to actually manage that money might be interesting.
    That doesn't sound hard, just busy. Are the fights giving you better IVs/EVs since fights and training are riskier or is it the worst lvls and nature's possible to jack up the difficulty?

No hate for wanting harder Pokemon. But I don't think I'm that concerned. But then again, I just catch and raise the first thing I find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    That doesn't sound hard, just busy. Are the fights giving you better IVs/EVs since fights and training are riskier or is it the worst lvls and nature's possible to jack up the difficulty?

No hate for wanting harder Pokemon. But I don't think I'm that concerned. But then again, I just catch and raise the first thing I find.
    Eh, I personally prefer the "more Pokemon/more encounters/more items/more potions/etc." method myself. Could also make the levels of all Pokemon you encounter, trainer or otherwise, a bit higher.

Fucking hell, that's what that is? I started playing through Moon recently and the multi-battles are painfully slow, even with 3D turned off. It's really annoying.
    Yeah. Was even worse in Gen 6 with the horde battles (you vs 5), despite it being a great concept (and one I hope they bring into gen 8).

As for the bold part: Sun/Moon/Ultras don't utilize the 3d of the 3DS in anything except the pokefinder camera. So it doesn't matter if you have the 3d on or not. Unlike Gen 6, which used the 3d quite a bit.

Honest question from a Pokemon newb.

I was introduced to Pokemon through Pokemon Go the summer of 2016 as a mid-30s dude. My future and wife actually went pokemon hunting on our second date!

I ended up getting Pokemon Let's Go and I find myself really liking it so far after about 15 hours. It's something I can do while doing something else or just to kill time and for a busy guy with kids that's pretty cool.

My question is this though: outside of the novelty of playing Pokemon for the first time, does the game get boring or repetitive for an older gamer? Also I realize Pokemon Let's Go isn't a "core game" so I'm wondering if I do like the competitive battle aspect of Let's Go if I would like core pokemon games as well? Or, would I end up buying it and going "Hey, this is basically the same game I just played with Let's Go and I'm bored already."

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Honest question from a Pokemon newb.

I was introduced to Pokemon through Pokemon Go the summer of 2016 as a mid-30s dude. My future and wife actually went pokemon hunting on our second date!

I ended up getting Pokemon Let's Go and I find myself really liking it so far after about 15 hours. It's something I can do while doing something else or just to kill time and for a busy guy with kids that's pretty cool.

My question is this though: outside of the novelty of playing Pokemon for the first time, does the game get boring or repetitive for an older gamer? Also I realize Pokemon Let's Go isn't a "core game" so I'm wondering if I do like the competitive battle aspect of Let's Go if I would like core pokemon games as well? Or, would I end up buying it and going "Hey, this is basically the same game I just played with Let's Go and I'm bored already."

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
    Let's Go! is a dramatically cut down version of pokemon yellow to get the Pokemon GO! crowd interested in the games. The mainline titles have many more pokemon, you battle them in the wild rather than just throw pokeballs, its arguably more challenging though not much and has a bigger focus on pokemon being rpg characters rather than candy fodder. You can breed them and depending on the games do things like do performance shows or other forms of content thats not just getting to the next gym leader.
    Basically just expect more content and a lot more variety since sword/shield will have hundreds more pokemon than the original 150 in r/b/y

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Let's Go! is a dramatically cut down version of pokemon yellow to get the Pokemon GO! crowd interested in the games. The mainline titles have many more pokemon, you battle them in the wild rather than just throw pokeballs, its arguably more challenging though not much and has a bigger focus on pokemon being rpg characters rather than candy fodder. You can breed them and depending on the games do things like do performance shows or other forms of content thats not just getting to the next gym leader.
    Basically just expect more content and a lot more variety since sword/shield will have hundreds more pokemon than the original 150 in r/b/y
    Ok, so will probably still be interested in Sword/Shield because it looks like it will be different enough for me from my past pokemon experiences. Thanks so much for the reply!

15+ Year Old Account
    Im a little disappointed that he doesnt seem as grand as it should be. I wasnt expecting botw, but a soft reboot like bw and xenoblade 2 like open areas. I just hope its not boring like gen 7.

I WILL read all the dialogue in a scottish accent like the posh prim an propa cheeky tart i am