Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Yes that's the plot, but what's the story then?
    A girl walks into a mist and gets powers.

That's literally it... and in the last few pages. When the "and then?" question comes up the story ends. I know it's got like 50 issues out now but when this came out practically nobody would be interested into this.

Speaking of which, hasn't the series recently been rebooted?
    Are you serious? By your own metric every single comic has no story as there is always an “and then?”

and what do you mean by rebooted? She’ll be getting a new run appenrly but so is every one else that’s not a reboot.

Yes that's the plot, but what's the story then?
    A girl walks into a mist and gets powers.

That's literally it... and in the last few pages. When the "and then?" question comes up the story ends. I know it's got like 50 issues out now but when this came out practically nobody would be interested into this.

Speaking of which, hasn't the series recently been rebooted?
    I thought it was great. The plot is a story. If no one is interested in it, then why is it still continuing? She's even been spun off into other material. You'll probably whine about SJW's at some point again but people actually like her.

Marvel reboots their comics all the time. This is Kamala's second reboot technically. This time its because G Willow Wilson has moved on to other comics. Wolverine got rebooted twice in a year. Marvel marketing logic at work. Its neither a sign of failure or success.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    And why is that? Why is beating out other mavel movies and all dc movies not enough?
    1. Financial success shouldn't dictate quality. Otherwise, Michael Bay is one of the best filmmakers ever.

2. Someone's debut movie should be strong, not good enough. That's why Ant-Man got treated the way it did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    1. Financial success shouldn't dictate quality. Otherwise, Michael Bay is one of the best filmmakers ever.

2. Someone's debut movie should be strong, not good enough. That's why Ant-Man got treated the way it did.
    I more so meant it beat them out in turns of being a good movie i have no idea what any movie earned.

as to it being strong id say for miss/captain marvel it was amazing as the character kinda sucks as a marvel movie on its on its good enough but not great like say the winter solider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So you didn't read it? She's mostly a gushing nerd girl from Jersey who suddenly develops super powers and names herself after her favourite hero.

Ms Marvel #1 knocked it out of the park.
    One thing you'll find when engaging with Jshadowhunter - they often have only cursory knowledge of the thing they are trashing on and therefore just spin false gripes.

Because introducing new characters isn’t the same as replacing old ones?

Captain marvel was also at #13 for reorders in February across all publishers how is that bombing?

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-02.html

And at number 2 Behind the Batman who laughs in January.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-01.html
    I'm talking about Ironheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Marvel reboots their comics all the time. This is Kamala's second reboot technically. This time its because G Willow Wilson has moved on to other comics. Wolverine got rebooted twice in a year. Marvel marketing logic at work. Its neither a sign of failure or success.
    I'm well aware of "reboot for the new generation of audience", but when Captain Marvel comic is rebooted 5x since 2014 can you honestly look me in the eye and say "that's NORMAL"?

Reboots in current times are happening because people don't want to read the trash they're being sold, so they just make reboots to spark interest with a new #1 because only early issues sell most. And the process repeats. Ms marvel is in the same place.

It was okay. Definitely one of the less interesting Marvel films in recent history.

As far as the girl power message, I think Wonder Woman did a much better job and was far more subtle about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I'm talking about Ironheart.
    ah my bad then.

as far as iron heart goes they could remake her in the mcu and probably make her better. got nothing good to say about the iron heart comics but if they arent doing to good the mcu could probably do better with her then them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm well aware of "reboot for the new generation of audience", but when Captain Marvel comic is rebooted 5x since 2014 can you honestly look me in the eye and say "that's NORMAL"?
    No she hasn't.

You don't even read comics, do you? A new series is not a "reboot". A series is a single storyline. Each issue is a chapter. Some storylines are long, some are short. It has nothing to do with popularity.

7+ Year Old Account

Reboots in current times are happening because people don't want to read the trash they're being sold, so they just make reboots to spark interest with a new #1 because only early issues sell most. And the process repeats. Ms marvel is in the same place.
    so why do you figure they do the same thing with there best seller spiderman? it has nothing to do with rather the series is selling well or not they start new runs for literally every thing.

ah my bad then.

as far as iron heart goes they could remake her in the mcu and probably make her better. got nothing good to say about the iron heart comics but if they arent doing to good the mcu could probably do better with her then them.
    Or they could offer Gwen a metric ton to stay and become Rescue. If RDJ is actually done can also have him do the coma thing in case he changes his mind. Rescue would give them another women hero but someone actually connected to Tony not just pulled from the ether to hit checkboxes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No she hasn't.

You don't even read comics, do you? A new series is not a "reboot". A series is a single storyline. Each issue is a chapter. Some storylines are long, some are short. It has nothing to do with popularity.
    what didn't you know spider man is a selling like garbage because he got 2 new runs recently?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Or they could offer Gwen a metric ton to stay and become Rescue. If RDJ is actually done can also have him do the coma thing in case he changes his mind. Rescue would give them another women hero but someone actually connected to Tony not just pulled from the ether to hit checkboxes.
    I would love rescue in the MCU i think that was actually the last iron man run i read before dropping him as a hero i was interested in.

And why is that? Why is beating out other mavel movies and all dc movies not enough?
    For 20 years comic book movies were trash, and everyone knew it. In hollywood inner circles the very idea of an Aquaman movie was an inside joke.

The MCU changed all that by making higher quality superhero movies. Characters with mass appeal across all spectrums and demos. When the MCU makes a mistake or produces a subpar movie like Thor 2 we are honest about it. We don't celebrate it or push it because of an agenda, we let it die.

You don't achieve quality by browbeating your critics and using shady marketing to compensate for a movie's flaws. Not if you love what you're doing and care about quality. Most importantly quality is determined by what is thrown away, what is cut, and what is sacrificed. Now CM is not an awful movie but it simply isn't able to cross the threshold and win over the half of people who simply don't like it. That is their right to not like it and no amount of Bolshevik Marketing is going to make up for it. No amount of attached feminism and propaganda can make a mediocre movie good.

I just don't think a racist and sexist woman should be playing the most powerful hero in the MCU the same way a lying con-man probably shouldn't occupy the most powerful political office on the planet.

Edit: I'm sorry we can't agree on the perceived quality of CM. I wish we could see eye to eye, I really do. Is it right to delete my posts? Is it right to ban me because we disagree? Is it right for a company to pay millions of dollars to a website to remove negative reviews(troll or otherwise)? Is it right to silence critics and even worse make them disappear? Is that something a hero does? Is that what good people do to their peers? Does it feel good to know that Disney rather than spend time and money making a better movie used it's vast wealth and influence to engineer a favorable outcome that would protect the fragile egos of an otherwise uninterested demographic? Does it bother you that they do it at your expense and with your beloved IPs?

Is this who we want to be? Fans of movies that are too big to fail so we prop them up with Disney-bux? I feel about as sick as when I saw CGI Stan Lee or when Disney puppeteered his twitter after his death to sell tickets. Disgusting.
    Last edited by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve; 2019-03-14 at 04:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    For 20 years comic book movies were trash, and everyone knew it. In hollywood inner circles the very idea of an Aquaman movie was an inside joke.

The MCU changed all that by making higher quality superhero movies. Characters with mass appeal across all spectrums and demos. When the MCU makes a mistake or produces a subpar movie like Thor 2 we are honest about it. We don't celebrate it or push it because of an agenda, we let it die.

You don't achieve quality by browbeating your critics and using shady marketing to compensate for a movie's flaws. Not if you love what you're doing and care about quality. Most importantly quality is determined by what is thrown away, what is cut, and what is sacrificed. Now CM is not an awful movie but it simply isn't able to cross the threshold and win over the half of people who simply don't like it. That is their right to not like it and no amount of Bolshevik Marketing is going to make up for it. No amount of attached feminism and propaganda can make a mediocre movie good.

I just don't think a racist and sexist woman should be playing the most powerful hero in the MCU the same way a lying con-man probably shouldn't occupy the most powerful political office on the planet.
    Ah political garbage then. The movies good it’s not great like winter soldier but it’s also not horrible like Thor 2 if you ask me.

I also really couldn’t care less about any racist or sexist in any movie as long as they can play there roll well and what’s her face did a good job being ms marvel.

Edit: I'm sorry we can't agree on the perceived quality of CM. I wish we could see eye to eye, I really do. Is it right to delete my posts? Is it right to ban me because we disagree? Is it right for a company to pay millions of dollars to a website to remove negative reviews(troll or otherwise)? Is it right to silence critics and even worse make them disappear? Is that something a hero does? Is that what good people do to their peers? Does it feel good to know that Disney rather than spend time and money making a better movie used it's vast wealth and influence to engineer a favorable outcome that would protect the fragile egos of an otherwise uninterested demographic? Does it bother you that they do it at your expense and with your beloved IPs?

Is this who we want to be? Fans of movies that are too big to fail so we prop them up with Disney-bux? I feel about as sick as when I saw CGI Stan Lee or when Disney puppeteered his twitter after his death to sell tickets. Disgusting.
    The problem here is that you can't accept that some people liked the movie. That's it. You're issuing a rallying cry to try to get people behind your opinion when a decent amount of us don't agree and can't be arsed to join you in your misplaced rage.

People like different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Brie Larson isn't.

You've got to pretty egregiously misrepresent some things she said on her press tour to push that bullshit theory.

Edit: Before you come back, no, calling for more-representative diversity among movie reviewers and press is neither "racist" nor "sexist".
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-03-14 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, Brie Larson isn't.

You've got to pretty egregiously misrepresent some things she said on her press tour to push that bullshit theory.

Edit: Before you come back, no, calling for more-representative diversity among movie reviewers and press is neither "racist" nor "sexist".
    But complaining about how much percentage of a group one denomination makes up is. Or else we wouldn't call it anti-Semitic to talk about how many X are Jewish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the movie and was entertained.
    Is that alright? or do I have to take some kind of political stance to placate the white-genocide/incel crazies?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So many words just to say "Our predictions of CM being a financial flop were wrong so now we're going to desperately grab at straws". Bow out the thread like the rest of the anti-plebs. You can go make some more grand predictions in the End game thread and be wrong again there too.