Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    My roommate was much the same way: Ignored all the info already out there and chastised me for not waiting for critic reviews (even though I already played OB) and then earlier today he bought it based on their preliminary reviews despite his emphatic claims of wanting to hear what the endgame was like first before any thoughts of purchase would happen...
    Eh...I think I must have watched 3-4 hours worth of various different reviews ranging from beginner tips to World State 4 info. I watched a couple of streams of group play leveling up. All on the second monitor while playing Dark Souls 2.

I combined that with what I was reading here, and other forums. I weighed what I was seeing against the Epic Games store thing and the monetization model Ubi/Massive is using.

I came to the realization that I was judging too harshly based on my experience with the first game instead of what was actually going on with this game. I even said a few pages ago that I would probably buy it if the launch went smoothly, and it did go smoothly.

So here we are. Game still has some minor bugs. Ghost deer and some physics issues with destructible trash floating mid air. Some minor clipping of gear. Stuff like that.

The game could use some QoL changes. I'd like to be able to customize the color of the UI and get a FoV slider, and turn off screen shake(it makes some guns almost unusable). But the core of the game is damn solid, amd as many people have pointed out: There's a LOT of it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-16 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So here we are. Game still has some minor bugs. Ghost deer and some physics issues with destructible trash floating mid air. Some minor clipping of gear. Stuff like that.

The game could use some QoL changes. I'd like to be able to customize the color of the UI and get a FoV slider, and turn off screen shake(it makes some guns almost unusable). But the core of the game is damn solid, amd as many people have pointed out: There's a LOT of it.
    I must say I didnt see any ghost deer, or trash floating around, but I am not saying it could not happen, it is still a new game and a very big one at that, so it is entirely possible. I wouldn mind the FoV slider, but it doesnt make the game unplayable for me, and the screen shaking I dont see at all, cant say for sure but I could swear there was a setting for it that I turned off before even attempting to play the private beta, and it looks like the settings carried over since I didnt change any settings playing the launch version.... wait i might be wrong since I did change my mouse sensitivity and aim sensitivity.... I cant verify since i am at work so just take a look around there might be one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I must say I didnt see any ghost deer, or trash floating around, but I am not saying it could not happen, it is still a new game and a very big one at that, so it is entirely possible. I wouldn mind the FoV slider, but it doesnt make the game unplayable for me, and the screen shaking I dont see at all, cant say for sure but I could swear there was a setting for it that I turned off before even attempting to play the private beta, and it looks like the settings carried over since I didnt change any settings playing the launch version.... wait i might be wrong since I did change my mouse sensitivity and aim sensitivity.... I cant verify since i am at work so just take a look around there might be one.
    Ghost deer flashed into existence, then disappeared. Pretty random.

Floating trash happens when you explode something or shoot debris inside a building. It just kind of spins up slowly into the air.

Screen shake is supposed to represent recoil or something? I don't know. It's irritating. I wouldn't mind if the reticle moved around to simulate it, or if it happened when using a scope, but it's the entire screen with iron sights. 100% personal preference, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a head's up, don't use Drone in parties. 4 out of 5 times I use it my wife crashes to desktop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Just a head's up, don't use Drone in parties. 4 out of 5 times I use it my wife crashes to desktop.
    They apparently is aware of the problem and are investigating. https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...mass_constant/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    They apparently is aware of the problem and are investigating. https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...mass_constant/
    Great, hopefully it gets fixed quickly!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great game, and whilst i'm slightly pissed that maintenance has basically blocked me out of most of the time I had to play it today, I'm glad they are fixing any severe bugs quickly.

Hokay, so about the character creation screen: We're both right. Which Head Type you choose determines what the maximum width of your nose can be, for example, but the minimum is the same for all. This means that choosing an "African-American" Head Type gives you a wider nose, and the "African-Caribbean" Head Type even wider than that. Since the minimum is the same it means you get a very dramatic change in width for them. (IE: Caucasian nose width lets say has a max of 10, A-A might be 15 then and A-C 18 by comparison)

TLDR: Head Type determines your racial base characteristics which can have varying max values for certain facial features as well as gradient choices for skin tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drone crashing seems to be fixed, used it a lot in a mission I just did and not one person crashed. Had someone else in the group as well using it.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Hokay, so about the character creation screen: We're both right. Which Head Type you choose determines what the maximum width of your nose can be, for example, but the minimum is the same for all. This means that choosing an "African-American" Head Type gives you a wider nose, and the "African-Caribbean" Head Type even wider than that. Since the minimum is the same it means you get a very dramatic change in width for them. (IE: Caucasian nose width lets say has a max of 10, A-A might be 15 then and A-C 18 by comparison)

TLDR: Head Type determines your racial base characteristics which can have varying max values for certain facial features as well as gradient choices for skin tone.

Yeah, from what I can tell there's the 12 preset "racial" faces. You can then use sliders to modify from there. Sadly, Massive kind of skimped on this aspect. Eyebrows are static, and don't even match hair color choices. Noses never go far enough downward to make sense; makes everyone look like a Simpsons cartoon. Eyes and brow don't go far enoughh. No nose bridge width or brow width. No eye angle. No mouth width.

I guess I'm just spoiled by Dark Souls sliders, which while complex and confusing, allow a level of character customization that's nearly unmatched if you're willing to learn how it all works. Oh well.

The best I've been able to do while creating a non-mutant is a slightly pissed off asian lady who's expression looks like you just tracked mud into her clean house. No nonsense, will wrek you with the same lack of regard as smooshing a roach. XD

On the topic of cosmetics: I took a quick look through the MTX store....there's a lot of stuff, which is slightly concerning. Has anyone been able to find items in the world that are also in the store? Or is everything I see in the store exclusively paid only?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-16 at 07:41 PM.

Why the hell when i use matchmaking for story missions and pops up the message "Teleport to mission area in 0:30" with Z key icon i hold Z and nothing happens?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of cosmetics: I took a quick look through the MTX store....there's a lot of stuff, which is slightly concerning. Has anyone been able to find items in the world that are also in the store? Or is everything I see in the store exclusively paid only?
    Yeah I've got the Rider Hat, Biker Shirt and Honour Guard shoes, which are part of the sets you can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah I've got the Rider Hat, Biker Shirt and Honour Guard shoes, which are part of the sets you can buy.
    Did you get it from a cache using a key, or find it in the world by looting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get it from a cache using a key, or find it in the world by looting?
    Hat and shirt with random looting and shoes in the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Hat and shirt with random looting and shoes in the cache.
    Interesting. So I guess it's kind of fair then. Grind to get cosmetics, or pay to shortcut and go straight for a specific look. Hmm....

I've gotten plenty of keys, and opened a few blue boxes already. Do you ever start getting keys for the purple boxes too?

Interesting. So I guess it's kind of fair then. Grind to get cosmetics, or pay to shortcut and go straight for a specific look. Hmm....

I've gotten plenty of keys, and opened a few blue boxes already. Do you ever start getting keys for the purple boxes too?
    save up 250 to open a purple box instead of spending 100 on a blue box with a chance of purple
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    save up 250 to open a purple box instead of spending 100 on a blue box with a chance of purple
    Um...250 keys? o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Um...250 keys? o_O
    You'll start getting key fragments later, get 250 of them for the epic cache.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, for the last 6 months people had been have been fighting over which would be the better Looter/Shooter between Anthem and Division 2. I'd say at this point Division 2 has won this battle by far.

Been playing on and off all day long. Made it to level 16 trying to follow the advice of some youtubers/streamers who are already 30. They say you should do the story missions and strongholds, and any random events you come across, but save secondary missions for later, since they scale with you.

But holy crap does it feel more difficult than it needs to be. Constantly fighting enemies +1 level is challenging. Throw a heavy that's 2 levels above and it feels like a serious boss fight. I die A LOT.

Some other things I've learned so far:

• Stinger sucks. Or at least it doesn't do what it says it does. It just kind of flies at an enemy, sparks, and.....nothing.
    • Chem Launcher Oxidizer continues to be an amazing tool. Fast cooldown, ignores cover, wrecks armor.
    • Crusader Shield is pretty cool, but lacks hitpoints. Can't be used with LMGs or full Rifles; only SMGs, ARs, and Pistols apparently.
    • LMGs seem to own everything so far. Good synergy with Oxidizer. If you're out of cover you take more damage from the LMG. If you're in cover, Oxidizer gets you out.
    • Eventually you gain access to a barber in the white house, which allows you to change hair style, hair color, facepaint, tattoos, and scars, but not eye color, skin color, or any face sliders or pre-sets.
    • Enemies constantly spawn on your flanks or behind you with very little warning unless you keep your eyes glued to the radar. Need some kind of HUD element or screen indicator. Maybe a perk or something?
    • Skills have mod slots! Although damned if I know where to reliably get them. Seems like random loot.
    • The Survivor perk is a lot of extra exp.
    • Get the perk for extra mats when scrapping equipment early. So worth it!

I've seemingly stopped getting keys. For awhile they were dropping a couple every hour at least. Nothing in the past 2-3 hours. I'm starting to think there's a cap on how many you can get each day.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-17 at 09:26 AM.