10+ Year Old Account
    That ol' welfare Nintendo VR, lol!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also its Definitive Edition. And not as old as. (it never came to EU or any other language exept japan on 3ds)
    Its old because by the time it releases it would have been out in the West for over a year on the PS4 and 2 years in Japan.

Its dumb this is called the "Definitive Edition" when its far from it and its even more dumb that it will have a full price tag ($60).

Also unless they scale it back massively you are looking at needing a big download to have the full game even on a physical release.

On PS4 its a bit over 32GB's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-07 at 02:08 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its old because by the time it releases it would have been out in the West for over a year on the PS4 and 2 years in Japan.

Its dumb this is called the "Definitive Edition" when its far from it and its even more dumb that it will have a full price tag ($60).

Also unless they scale it back massively you are looking at needing a big download to have the full game even on a physical release.

On PS4 its a bit over 32GB's.
    They are definitely going to destroy the sound and texture quality to get it under 16 GB. Which is kind of ironic since people seem so hyped for orchestral soundtrack, yea get ready to enjoy that mediocre orchestral soundtrack at sub CD quality bit rates.

In fact after Dark Souls remaster fiasco I started noticing more Switch games that have low quality audio. Tales of Vesperia and Ace Attorney Trilogy(this one is funny since the game is literally 1.7 GB and only physical in Japan to boot) both sound like 3DS games compared to their ps4 counter parts. Low quality audio was a lot more typical on the Vita and 3DS when most games would only go with 4 GB max carts but it seems to be a common thing on the Switch now as well. If you can shit on the audio enough to get it down to the next lowest cart, the publishers are doing it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-07 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They are definitely going to destroy the sound and texture quality to get it under 16 GB. Which is kind of ironic since people seem so hyped for orchestral soundtrack, yea get ready to enjoy that mediocre orchestral soundtrack at sub CD quality bit rates.

In fact after Dark Souls remaster fiasco I started noticing more Switch games that have low quality audio. Tales of Vesperia and Ace Attorney Trilogy(this one is funny since the game is literally 1.7 GB and only physical in Japan to boot) both sound like 3DS games compared to their ps4 counter parts. Low quality audio was a lot more typical on the Vita and 3DS when most games would only go with 4 GB max carts but it seems to be a common thing on the Switch now as well. If you can shit on the audio enough to get it down to the next lowest cart, the publishers are doing it.
    Right they could at lease give you a optional download for better audio.

I don't expect DQXI to do well on the Switch and for it to cement the fact its dead in the West. Even more so since it looks like its going to released around the same time many other IP's will.

Its going to be a repeat of its PS4 release all over again.

IMO if it doesn't release before June then its just DOA.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Any advice on Shining Resonance: Refrain?

I've finished up XBC2:torna, and yeah I spent over 40+ hours on the game to finishing every quest, and max out my characters (har har, 20 hour game, no way).

Shining Resonance:Refrain looks decent, some people mentioned it before.

On the Switch I'm coming from Y's VIII, XBC2, Octopath Traveler, XBC2:Torna, so the bar is set pretty high.

Is it worth buying?

(My favorite is Y's VIII, if that helps .. though the soundtracks for all mentioned games were delicious.)

I like adjustable camera angle games (Octopath is the exception).. from SR:R demo's, I'm sure sure if it's a floating camera only (uncontrollable).
    I just finished XC2 yesterday and it was such a great game. I didn't complete everything but it did take me about 76 hours to finish which is enough for me for one game. The story was confusing and weird at times but overall very very very satisfying at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    The demo for refrain was pretty fun. If it’s still on the eshop try it out.

I’ve been playing a lot of SMT lately and I’m pretty hyped for 5. Would be nice for a Nocturne and DDS port to make their way to the switch.

Never stop believing

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/...410542592?s=21

FUCKING SING IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Das a banger

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    The demo for refrain was pretty fun. If it’s still on the eshop try it out.

I’ve been playing a lot of SMT lately and I’m pretty hyped for 5. Would be nice for a Nocturne and DDS port to make their way to the switch.
    I would love for a Nocturne/DDS/Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha ports. Also I really want SMT 5 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I would love for a Nocturne/DDS/Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha ports. Also I really want SMT 5 already.
    SMT5 is probably a late 2020 release in Japan and 2021 in the west tbh. That was a Persona 5 announcement all over again, made way too early.

SMT5 is probably a late 2020 release in Japan and 2021 in the west tbh. That was a Persona 5 announcement all over again, made way too early.
    I would not be surprised I was gonna wait on the Switch until it had a release date but I went ahead and picked up. I did the same for Persona 5, I got the PS4 earlier than I wanted.

To be honest I want to have this console, but there aren't too many games and it's a pity

Quote Originally Posted by MandaRi View Post
    To be honest I want to have this console, but there aren't too many games and it's a pity
    Ummm, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Ummm, what?
    Look at the post count.

Its a bot, there has been a few of them this morning.

Well he's right - most games are ports or started development on the WiiU - there are very few Switch original games.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Well he's right - most games are ports or started development on the WiiU - there are very few Switch original games.
    Define very few. Don't reply to this with subjective opinions on the games just reply with if you think this defines as "very few".

1-2 Switch
    Arms
    Go Vacation
    Kirby Star Allies
    Mario+Rabbids
    Mario Tennis Aces
    MHGU(if you don't have a JP 3DS anyways)
    Labo kits
    Octopath Traveler
    Pokemon Let's Go
    Splatoon 2
    Snipperclips
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    Travis Strikes Again
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Upcoming:

Animal Crossing
    Astral Chain
    Bayonetta 3
    Daeman x Machina
    Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    Zelda: Link's Awakening
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Pokemon Sword/Shield
    Rune Factory 5
    Super Mario Maker 5
    Shin Megami Tensei V
    Yo Kai Watch 4
    Yoshi's Crafted World

Yea... about that "very few"... This was a legitimate knock on the Switch... in 2017... it's not anymore.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-17 at 06:33 PM.

Define very few. Don't reply to this with subjective opinions on the games just reply with if you think this defines as "very few".

1-2 Switch
    Arms
    Go Vacation
    Kirby Star Allies
    Mario+Rabbids
    Mario Tennis Aces
    MHGU(if you don't have a JP 3DS anyways)
    Labo kits
    Octopath Traveler
    Pokemon Let's Go
    Splatoon 2
    Snipperclips
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    Travis Strikes Again
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Upcoming:

Animal Crossing
    Astral Chain
    Bayonetta 3
    Daeman x Machina
    Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    Zelda: Link's Awakening
    Luigi's Mansion 3
    Pokemon Sword/Shield
    Rune Factory 5
    Super Mario Maker 5
    Shin Megami Tensei V
    Yo Kai Watch 4
    Yoshi's Crafted World

Yea... about that "very few"... This was a legitimate knock on the Switch... in 2017... it's not anymore.
    Not a very big list for a console that's been out 2+ years. Also, Arms was being developed as a WiiU game first. I'm sure some of those others were as well.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-03-17 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it matter if it’s a port or started development on the Wii U? The Switch has a pretty impressive library and some of the best first party IPs. To say the Switch doesn’t have many games is disingenuous at best.