Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Do classes still suck? Does Azerite still suck? Does the story still suck? Can I fly yet?

I already know the answer to those, so I don't need to bother logging in. The reason I stopped playing wasn't because it cost too much.
    I feel the same. I'll login for two reasons - first to keep my character names (I believe you have to log in once an expansion or something). Second to check out explosive shot. See if that gives back the SV in MM they promised pre-Legion. Somehow I doubt it.

Seriously though, make classes fun (unprune, revert GCD changes) and then watch the subs roll back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    You don't understand. FFXIV gives 3 day sub every quarter (if you've been unsubbed for three months) because our lord and saviour Yoshi-P is so in touch with playerbase, while Activision Blizzard does it with BfA trial on top of it because they are evil corporate machine that never listens to the players. The difference is immeasureable.
    Ehm...you know that if you have been unsubbed in WoW you get invited to come back for free for 3 days once in a while as well? Happened to me last december...might be another invitation waiting in my dead email spam folder already.
    You have never been unsubbed, I guess... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Do classes still suck? Does Azerite still suck? Does the story still suck? Can I fly yet?

I already know the answer to those, so I don't need to bother logging in. The reason I stopped playing wasn't because it cost too much.
    Much better story than Legion.

The problem is, its timegated and only people diggin the ptr do know whats coming, i mean all the stuff after the silly faction war.

Unfortunatley the rest still sucks, but there are plans to remove some of the azerite nonsense in 8.2. and flying will be availible again.

If you are not interested in any pvp activity, you are better off in 8.2. thats for sure.

Id say current state of the game is only good if you do warmode and enjoy it, faction incursions and no flying its a bonus actually for warmode.

So, actually not everything is that bad as people believe - however, even warmode would be much better with artefact weapons and legendaries, instead of silly and harshly nerfed azerite traits that feel dumb on gear.

I wonder who thought this up anyways and how it got through the alpha.

The offer in itself is a complete joke nowdays. should give p layers a free month of everything till legion and 1 week BFA unrestricted in everyway. Because how the situation currently is within the game and tokens to buy gametime.

Activision/blizz should fire their business division, if they need free space, because that particular offer looks overconfident for how the situation really is.

The game in itself is indeed very empty i do not need to read numbers or read complains, just play the game on live servers.

In particular as far as the EU servers goes, the german ones once still full in legion are now depopulated in such a way, that random bgs hardly ever happen anymore. English servers got a hit, too, but nothing devastating in comparission.

The arrogant part of blizz is, that they think they can still be confident enough to put restrictions on "free" offers, in such a apocalyptic situation(on some language servers)

And this is no salt, that is the harsh reality of an aged game in an expansion where developers had fucked up and still need to repair what got broken, no significant change is going to happen till 8.2., and when this releases we have summertime and better stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Aye it's sad how Blizzard keep taking more and more features that were part of the expansions in the past from day 1 and either timegating them or putting them behind RNG.

What's even sadder is the people defending it. It goes beyond the point of enjoying the game.

Least I'll be able to make my Viera when FF14 Shadowbringers comes out later this year. No stupid timegating to make it. And at least I'll be able to unlock flying with ease once I hit 80.
    Or even worse, trying to push you towards the paid race change, because you dont want to level the same crappy content for the 14th time to be able to play a new allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    Or even worse, trying to push you towards the paid race change, because you dont want to level the same crappy content for the 14th time to be able to play a new allied race.
    The race change wouldn't be so bad if it was like £5 like it is in FF14.

The value of ActiBlizz services in WoW are grossly overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Don't worry guys, 3 hours is plenty of time to do all the 8.1.5 content.
    These forums need a "give gold" button, lol.

I'll log on just to get some marginal gear upgrades for my 2 most important characters from the WQ map, casually, just in case 8.2 is actually fun. After that I'm gone again.

WoW can't afford to suck and coast on its reputation like during the bad times in Cata and even WoD. We live in an era with more games and overall distractions than ever before. And unlike the last 2 "big dips" in WoW's content history, even in the increasingly old and niche genre of MMORPGs there are now clearly better options to choose from depending on your style (FFXIV, ESO, GW2 at least for a single go around).

Quote Originally Posted by americanbot555 View Post
    What mythical mmo might that be?
    FF14. I took the jump back in january, after playing wow since BC, and havent regretted yet taking the jump to play FF14. Warning though, the FF14 community takes some time getting used to. They are helpfull and not toxic like the wow community.

FF14. I took the jump back in january, after playing wow since BC, and havent regretted yet taking the jump to play FF14. Warning though, the FF14 community takes some time getting used to. They are helpfull and not toxic like the wow community.
    Aye. For me the first thing I jumped from WoW to was GW2 (I ain't counting FF14 1.0 with how much it sucked lol)

Honestly after playing GW2 and FF14 it's a complete culture shock at how friendly people are. Sure there are still toxic people but it's an absolute minority.

That's not even the desperate part.

They purposely limited the expansion time to 3 hours if you don't own it to basically try and push sales. That is the desperate part.

The better move would be just to let people go wild with BFA over the weekend but sadly ActiBlizz don't know how to make smart decisions these days or ones for the players.
    If they let ppl go wild with BFA over the weekend, ppl would realise what a piece of crap BFA really is. Cant have that.

Oh my god I just realized they're only giving people 3 hours of gametime. Really?! Lol they really do want people to just see the intro scenarios and get sucked into the same hype some of us fell for by not playing too deeply on Beta.

It would be tough to justify BFA's purchase even if WoW went fully B2P now and they have the cojones to try this. I hope older, returning players see the blatant WQ/Pathfinder/Allied Race treadmill and this continues the negative snowball effect until some higher-up Activision heads roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Ehm...you know that if you have been unsubbed in WoW you get invited to come back for free for 3 days once in a while as well? Happened to me last december...might be another invitation waiting in my dead email spam folder already.
    You have never been unsubbed, I guess... ;-)
    I'm unsubed since September 2017, but OK. And it was sarcastic post about people twisting news to fit their agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Oh my god I just realized they're only giving people 3 hours of gametime. Really?! Lol they really do want people to just see the intro scenarios and get sucked into the same hype some of us fell for by not playing too deeply on Beta.
    Not even 3 hours actually, just Lordaeron scenario, getting HoA, some intro quests on KT/Zandalar (I did only Alliance and there was only prison break and a little bit of talking) and choosing your first zone. After that game just locks you out of the character. And that's not even hour of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Oh good, I was looking for a reason to do a few of the new quests to keep up with the story but didn't feel like subbing just for that.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    You shouldn't have to "earn" a playable race in a fucking mmo.
    Why not, whats so different?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No way in seven hells, am I going to recommend any of my friends to return to WoW in its current state. This move is a greedy move from Blizzard to make you pay for faction change because of 2 new allied races. Allied races is nothing more, than yet another microtransaction scheme from Blizzard.
    theyre not making you pay for anything and allied races are in no way a microtransaction. begone hater troll

You make it sound like that's better lol.

Basically they are saying "buy the expansion or enjoy your crappy 3 hours".

Jesus how scummy can this company get these days lol.
    If you got to try out being gay for 3 hours, you'd find out very quickly if it was for you or not.
    BfA is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye. For me the first thing I jumped from WoW to was GW2 (I ain't counting FF14 1.0 with how much it sucked lol)

Honestly after playing GW2 and FF14 it's a complete culture shock at how friendly people are. Sure there are still toxic people but it's an absolute minority.
    You're really dedicated to this thread, which is weird since you appear to really dislike Blizzard as well as the game.

I've personally played Rift, dropped out because endgame was boring af. Tried GW2, also boring af endgame (though haven't tried the expansions), Tried Final Fantasty, not into the whole japanese anime lolicon artstyle. Haven't tried ESO since I despise the combat system in Elder Scrolls games, and it looked quite similar. Also tried Tera which was even worse than FF when it comes to that japanese kiddy artstyle. Ugh.

GW2 felt like a singleplayer game. Different experiences, I guess.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    If you got to try out being gay for 3 hours, you'd find out very quickly if it was for you or not.
    BfA is no different.
    Considering you can only do upto a specific quest with those 3 hours which doesn't even take an hour to get you no you can't with BFA.

It's just their usual scummy way of pushing box sales. Whether you want to believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I don't understand why you would call that scummy. They are a company. Companies make money by selling their product. It's been a bit since BfA came out, time for a free trial so people that didn't buy it can try it out and see if they want to buy it. Would be nice if you could do this with every game, I lost count of how many games I had to return on Steam because they gave me motion sickness within 10 minutes.
    And again.

You can only do upto a specific quest which barely takes half an hour to get to. 1/6 of said time.

They literally did that to push expansions sales. It's barely trying it out.

There is zero issue with giving people 3 full days of access to BFA whether they own it or not. But Blizzard gotta have that money to claim Q1 was another good quarter for them.

playing a rogue has always been bad. maybe, if we focused on class development subscriptions would be higher. mainly because of the levels in the game.