Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    None of this matters, the phrase "assault weapon" appeared NOWHERE in the governments statement on this. AR-15s are banned because they facilitate killing large numbers of people quickly, regardless of what words you use to describe them.

While some people may have used them for hunting, you don't need a semi-auto to go hunting.
    I can agree, for hunting no. For the police or home defense, yes. An ar-15 doesn't facilitate it anymore then any other semi-auto weapon, and that itself would have a far harder time to get taken care of. It can be a pistol or rifle. I can't confirm this since idk how true it is, but a gun advocate coworker said any gun can be turned into a semi-auto. No idea how though, forgot what he said.

Point is, there are a lot of things that can facilitate that. Not just an ar-15. They are just targeting an ar-15 since it was recently used. Most people in the US though attribute it to a fully automatic weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I can agree, for hunting no. For the police or home defense, yes. An ar-15 doesn't facilitate it anymore then any other semi-auto weapon, and that itself would have a far harder time to get taken care of. It can be a pistol or rifle. I can't confirm this since idk how true it is, but a gun advocate coworker said any gun can be turned into a semi-auto. No idea how though, forgot what he said.

Point is, there are a lot of things that can facilitate that. Not just an ar-15. They are just targeting an ar-15 since it was recently used. Most people in the US though attribute it to a fully automatic weapon.
    I want to stress the definition of a semi-automatic weapon: A semi-automatic weapon is one that ejects the fired round, loads the next-up round, and cocks the action, requiring an additional trigger depression to fire the next-up round.

Most Guns are Semi-automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    What gun does your father use?
    Not 100% sure TBH, I'm not a gun person. Some sort of bolt-action rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh it's an argument based in logic -- If you think your small arms or even stockpiling guns is going to compete against the might of the US Military or even most major metropolitan law enforcement offices you're beyond hope.

Every day you're under constant surveillance either through what you buy, what internet sites you visit, or what toll road you choose to drive on. If there was any indication of you being a threat in a world where the US government decided to go after its citizens you would not have time to reach your armory before you wound up dead. Your chances are about the same as winning the Powerball -- but you be you.
    Right, that's why the US has done so well in Iraq and Afghanistan right? You haven't a clue what you're speaking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and like i said, only a pathetic sheep just sits and waits to be trod upon. hell, even a sheep might kick at the predator attacking it, this level of thought is lower than that of the most basic and stupid of the herd animals.
    You keep on thinking you're going to inflict some sort of harm on the military, Sweetheart.

And on a more personal note I certainly hope you never start prattling on about unarmed people being shot by police deserving it for being non-compliant because they could possibly have a weapon while you just spent your last few posts calling people who don't shoot at the military or law enforcement sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    Right, that's why the US has done so well in Iraq and Afghanistan right? You haven't a clue what you're speaking about.
    Are you comparing the US Rules of Engagement against a Foreign Enemy on foreign lands the same as the citizens of the US declaring war on its Government?

You know what happened to the last group of people who declared War on the Union?
    Last edited by Captain N; 2019-03-21 at 04:28 AM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

That was one of the purposes to bear arms. I'm not sure who is encouraging a civil war? Other than the people pushing a Russian collusion hoax trying to delegitimize a president for two years.
    1) You damn well know I'm talking about the senator tweeting about the '8 trillion bullets' vs Blue states bit and Dumbass Dump's Breitbart interview.

2) Welcome to the fucking ignore list

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    real leaders just skips the thoughts and prayers bullshit. USA could do this as well just gotta get REAL LEADERS and not NRA puppets in charge
    Pretty much, here in Australia after the incident we had in Tasmania in 1996.. Everything was going swimmingly for a long time, until we had the Lindt Cafe siege a couple years back, and another turn in gun amnesty.. If someone with ill intent wants a weapon they will find a way, hell we still have the odd drive by shooting up houses, cars and so on..

TL:R It will stop it for a time until the next incident occurs..

Iraq was won as it is now a democracy and Sadaam and all his spawn are dead. There is nothing to win in Afghanistan because there isn't anything worth winning.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    In 6 days after an assault-rifle disaster, NZ get a ban on Assault Rifles.

...what the fuck is wrong with my country (USA). >_<
    They don't have knee-jerk reactions dictated by fear and the impulse of the moment. That's what is "wrong" with your country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

You keep on thinking you're going to inflict some sort of harm on the military, Sweetheart.

And on a more personal note I certainly hope you never start prattling on about unarmed people being shot by police deserving it for being non-compliant because they could possibly have a weapon while you just spent your last few posts calling people who don't shoot at the military or law enforcement sheep.
    we're talking about if a government became tyrannical vs. normal law enforcement. there's no comparison to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They're targeting AR-15 (among others) because it's trivial to upgrade it with a high capacity magazine. Below is the official wording for guns that are currently category A, which will become category E (and thus banned for category A license holders). I believe the category E will become banned completely in the future, with exceptions for police/military.

• a semi-automatic firearm that is capable of being used in combination with a detachable magazine (other than one designed to hold 0.22-inch or less rimfire cartridges) that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges; and
    • a semi-automatic firearm that is a shotgun and is capable of being used in combination with a detachable magazine that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terarus View Post
    Congrats, the killer got exactly what he wanted. Luckily for us here in here in America, the cops wont come knocking to take guns, because they won't risk getting themselves shot.
    Exactly, also people in New Zealand and I think in Australia, who happen to share the video (if one is silly enough to do so, though how anyone would want to even view something this horrible) will now get a knock at the door, arrested by the police and hauled before the courts..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-21 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No its more akin to, "people are fucking stupid and do stupid ass shit for stupid ass reasons, so lets make the availability of murder items less accessible whaddya say?".
    So did France make trucks less accessible after a muslim terrorist killed 87 people in Nice in 2016 by driving through a crowd? Removing the tools does not change the underlying problem

I'm not sure in what alternate reality the US goes from doing it's best to try to kill enemy targets with little civilian damage to just flat out wiping out it's own citizens for I guess just owning a gun. The whole point, which people seem to miss, purposefully, is that the right to bear arms in the US is to be viewed as a means of heading off a government going down that road in the first place, not to oppose the government after it's in essence turned on its citizens. The US government that does this has likely turned a lot of places into smoking craters in the lead up to said tyranny.

Though most are correct here in pointing out that gun ownership in NZ is a privilege, not a right. I'd hope it's a lot tougher to get rid of one's rights in NZ, but unlike all the non-US citizens that seem to have a stake in our gun debate, I really don't have a stake in NZ's rights. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we're talking about if a government became tyrannical vs. normal law enforcement. there's no comparison to be made.
    So what you're saying is that it's only tyranny if it's against something you find to be oppressive?

So our long-standing American history of oppressing certain individuals never happened in your eyes?

Well I guess we know where you stand -- OK for You but not OK for someone else facing a tyranny you agree with.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    So did France make trucks less accessible after a muslim terrorist killed 87 people in Nice in 2016 by driving through a crowd? Removing the tools does not change the underlying problem
    And that's the entire point. Timothy McVeigh did not use automatic weapons but fertilizer trucks. And killed a lot more people.

This will only change the method of terror should it happen again, this won't stop terrorism. It simply doesn't work that way, remove guns that fire bullets? Fine they'll find a 10,000 lb bullet with eight wheels and run it through crowds of people.
    On the evening of 14 July 2016, a vehicle-ramming attack took place in Nice, France when a man deliberately drove a cargo truck into a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais. 86 people were killed and 434 others were injured.
    Main article: 2016 Nice attack
    You won't ban people from using cars, or finding the means of building IED's, Knife attacks
    On March 23, 2010, Zheng Minsheng (郑民生)[7] 41, murdered eight children with a knife in an elementary school in Nanping, A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured.
    Terrorism and violence won't be solved by removing one method, it simply does not work that way. What needs to happen is the over glorification of these murderers, it has to be 24/7 all of the reactions, the lights and sirens you just inspire more. The media creates these anti-heros and next months we'll have another one, and another one and another one.
    Banning guns won't stop someone who wants to kill people it simply doesn't work that way. You can agree to disagree with me on the later, but the media needs to dumb down what it does and stop the spread of the anti-hero copy cats.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah New Zealand just got played by that PoS. Glad I dont live there...

Also without going into detail I watched that video that the balding man child live streamed. I watched the coward shoot up the place without any real threat. But you know what else I saw!? I saw a young man in that video do a heroic thing by trying to jump on him. That boy did something so brave and it makes me sad because his will to survive and save was handicapped. Handicapped because he didnt have a chance when he was the one and the type who should have had one.
    What happen at the second shooting!? The shooter was confronted again but this time he got scared and nervous thanks to other brave people who tried to fight it off. One of them took a second gun from him and so he ran... What he didn't know was that the mag was empty and his car windshield was busted out by a brick.
    Its terrible to say but I wonder... I WONDER if that young man in that video wished he had a gun in that moment...I WONDER... Hmmmm....

This coward was going to do some evil shit with or without a gun. He had his car rigged with explosives...

I cannot understand people who want to take guns away.
    Honestly youre not only on the "wrong side of history" but you are in the wrong history. We as Americans are responsible to keep put government in check. Why would anyone ever be willing to give that up. Ben Franklin said those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. How TRUE it speaks today.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

So what you're saying is that it's only tyranny if it's against something you find to be oppressive?

So our long-standing American history of oppressing certain individuals never happened in your eyes?

Well I guess we know where you stand -- OK for You but not OK for someone else facing a tyranny you agree with.
    Second Amendment was very important for African Americans to defend themselves against racist southerners.

Or maybe they are islands? We have a huge southern border, where all sorts of illegal things come through, and millions of guns in the country. A ban will literally do nothing and enable criminals.
    I do not have an opinion on this topic. My post was purely to prove the stupidity of the poster. Population of a country is not the single mitigating factor, like the person I replied to said.