Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Even if they ban them, people can just print them.
    Its very easy to get guns via dark weeb to.

https://medium.com/digital-vault/how...b-efd8182f8ba8
    Yeah, then you fire them once and they explode. If you try to build a plastic gun, and shoot with real bullets, you deserve to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Fuck yeah. This is why I fight for everyone to own their own nuclear warhead. I mean like people say, a gun won't do much if the military goes against us. But if I had a nuclear warhead, I could take them all out with me. Anyone who dares say I shouldn't be allowed to own my own weapon of mass destruction is a pathetic sheep.
    Don't forget Sarin and VX! You may also want to salt your nuke, if the initial blast doesn't get em, that extra radiation will do the job!

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Small fire arms will not won't much help against an organised military.
    Its odd for you to assume the military would blindly follow some crazy far left leader in the event of another civil war. Especially considering the majority of your soldiers are your god/family/country hometown gun nuts.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    letting terrorism change your society will prove to extremists that terrorism works

the NZ government and Media is doing the wrong thing and anyone applauding it will encourage more terrorism
    Exactly, they do not realize that they will only make things worse.. As with everything the more they crack down the more chances of it coming back and biting them in the ass eventually..

5+ Year Old Account
    NZ does something positive. Trump voters criticise .

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Its odd for you to assume the military would blindly follow some crazy far left leader in the event of another civil war. Especially considering the majority of your soldiers are your god/family/country hometown gun nuts.
    I didn't assume anything. I responded to a poster saying he would want a gun to fight back against the military. I'm also not American, so please do not post to me as though I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Terarus View Post
    Congrats, the killer got exactly what he wanted. Luckily for us here in here in America, the cops wont come knocking to take guns, because they won't risk getting themselves shot.
    The killer's motivation was to get these guns outlawed?
    The reason that Americans can still own weapons is because the cops don't dare to confiscate them?
    Mother pus bucket!

They're not banning all guns ...

They're banning military-style semiautomatic weapons, all high-capacity ammunition magazines and all parts that allow weapons to be modified.

Honestly, how many bullets are really necessary to protect yourself? If you cant hit something in a few shots, you probably shouldn't own a gun anyways ;p

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    They're not banning all guns ...

They're banning military-style semiautomatic weapons, all high-capacity ammunition magazines and all parts that allow weapons to be modified.

Honestly, how many bullets are really necessary to protect yourself? If you cant hit something in a few shots, you probably shouldn't own a gun anyways ;p
    If you can't hit your target in one or 2 shots, you probably would be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terarus View Post
    Congrats, the killer got exactly what he wanted. Luckily for us here in here in America, the cops wont come knocking to take guns, because they won't risk getting themselves shot.
    You are batshit crazy and it's terrifying to think that someone like you own guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If you can't hit your target in one or 2 shots, you probably would be dead.
    So why is banning military style weapons, high capacity magazines, and removing the ability to add things like bump stocks infringing upon someones 2nd amendments rights? (I realize this is about NZ, but Americans are claiming they're losing their "freedom")

I'm just not sure I understand the logic ... How far does the 2nd amendment extend?

Should everyone in America be allowed to own tanks and missiles? I mean, they're technically "arms". I don't see how you're going to protect the security of the state against an oppressive government without some heavy artillery.

Me, personally (I know my opinion doesn't count for jack shit), think that the 2nd amendment has been butchered to serve gun lobbyists, not Americans. I don't see an issue with owning a gun for personal protection, I just don't think high powered military style weapons, high capacity magazines, etc serve that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    So why is banning military style weapons, high capacity magazines, and removing the ability to add things like bump stocks infringing upon someones 2nd amendments rights? (I realize this is about NZ, but Americans are claiming they're losing their "freedom")

I'm just not sure I understand the logic ... How far does the 2nd amendment extend?

Should everyone in America be allowed to own tanks and missiles? I mean, they're technically "arms". I don't see how you're going to protect the security of the state against an oppressive government without some heavy artillery.

Me, personally (I know my opinion doesn't count for jack shit), think that the 2nd amendment has been butchered to serve gun lobbyists, not Americans. I don't see an issue with owning a gun for personal protection, I just don't think high powered military style weapons, high capacity magazines, etc serve that purpose.
    I don't know. There are a few states that have banned a few things like that, including a bump stock ban federally that Trump instituted. But they think their tiny little peashooters are going to be good against a tyrannical government if say a coup happens. That and an AR15 is probably the worst self defense weapon just because of over penetration. You may hit your target, but you might kill the kid sleeping next door because you shot him through the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Good thing there is no such thing as an assault rifle. Unless youre talking about the gun from halo.
    I guess there's also no such thing as 'trees' unless you're talking about these green things in Avatar?

I have one small question:
    What is the purpose of an AR 15, or a semi automatic AK 47? It doesn't work like the original. It is rather ill suited for hunting. Neither well suited for protecting yourself. It is large, bulky...
    That leaves only the looks. And those are for what? Badass? Intimidating? Speaking of normal, responsible gun owners here, aye?

10+ Year Old Account
    But muh gunz, how are the NZ citizens going to protect themselves from the oppressive clutches of the government now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Rights are not given by nations but our creator. Nor do I care that they bipartisanly agreed to step on the rights of the people its still a violation of their natural rights.

If people are determined to kill in mass you cant prevent like the guy in Italy who almost burned 50 kids and teachers alive today or the guys who ram crowds of people with trucks they will find a way guns or no.
    By that argument, anyone should be able to commit whatever evil act they want without repercussions, because enforcing laws to stop them would be classed as infringing their rights? Need I remind you slavery used to be legal? Is the fact that slavery is now illegal not infringing on your rights in some way?

You seem to be suggesting that nations should have no say on the rights and regulations put in place on their populace?

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    By that argument, anyone should be able to commit whatever evil act they want without repercussions, because enforcing laws to stop them would be classed as infringing their rights? Need I remind you slavery used to be legal? Is the fact that slavery is now illegal not infringing on your rights in some way?

You seem to be suggesting that nations should have no say on the rights and regulations put in place on their populace?
    Has slavery ever been a right in the modern world?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would have figured they'd have already banned guns, like australia.

only mindless sheep would allow their government to take guns though. it is a naive and foolish action, and it'll come back to bite them one day.
    Unlike american, New Zelanders have big dicks.

They don't need guns.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly, they do not realize that they will only make things worse.. As with everything the more they crack down the more chances of it coming back and biting them in the ass eventually..
    I'm pretty happy in my first world country where only the criminals have guns and the only people they shoot are other criminals. I wouldn't pick living in the US where school children are more likely to get shot than soldiers in war over a country with gun ban ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Bravo New Zealand! Banned all assault type weapons, and high capacity magazines. Good work - I'm proud of your government to take a hard stance on this, and that too so swiftly!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/20/a...ntl/index.html
    About time, now you just need to tighten the ban firmer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..