Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One group hate them because they were OP.
    The other group hate them because they ain't OP at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't just Night Elves, I dislike all elves.

I find them hard to relate to, they are always portrayed as overpowered and yet passive bunch of assholes with holier-than-thou attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I really don't get it. It seems to me,that majority of Horde playerbase was more than happy about the slaughter of the night elves and burning of Teldrassil and I don't understand exactly why.

The most hateful towards the night elves are the blood elves,because they were banished from the night elf territories for disobeying the rules and using arcane magic out of spite. In the Good War,we have some no-name rogue,who attempts to assasinate Malfurion himself, who is whining about how terrible and merciless were the night elves by banishing his father from the night elf lands and how his father lost his fingers during the hunt. Like,what? Your father was amongst those,who wasn't capable to follow the rules,he doesn't get killed outright according the laws of the night elves and exiled instead,and you blame the whole nation,because your father did not know how to hunt? And so, during the War of Thorns,the poor exiled and misunderstood relatives of the night elves have a chance to pay them back - for the banishment from the lands of their ancestors because they did not bother to follow the rules of their community.

Then,in line we have the orcs who had an eternal conflict with the night elves. It all started when the orcs landed on shores of Kalimdor and needed the lumber to build their mud huts,so they went to Ashenvale and started to chop the woods left and right and were met with a RESISTANCE - it's like somebody breaks into somebody's home and is shocked and angered by the fact,that the owner is not happy about the intrusion in his property. But it's nothing new - it's in orc blood to take things by the force instead negotiating about it,because they have needs. And so,they had this eternal conflict with the night elves up until the end of the war,which resulted in Garrosh's defeat and the night elves being kind enough to allow them keep poluting Azshara with their crap. But it seems,that most of them were still quite bitter of their defeat,and so they were all up for the war.

Trolls - I'd say,that representatives of this race are the only one who have an actual reason to hate the night elves. They lost most of their territories during Azshara's reign and if not for zandalari,they would wiped off the face of Azeroth due to the Azshara's plans of expansion. But,here's the tricky part - why would the Darkspear tribe trolls hate the night elves? I'm not sure they even faced the wrath of Azshara (back when she was the leader of the night elves) in the past,because they were a small,jungle troll tribe,who struggled to survive in eternal wars against the other Stranglethorn tribes. Trolls were not united in a one,single army,but instead,they were split in the multiple empires. During the Cataclysm,we saw the night elf army wiping out the Shatterspear tribe (though it appears they weren't wiped out completely),who truly could have a reason for revenge - but keep in mind,that during Cataclysm they were the ones,who started to attack the night elves,backed up by the Garrosh's forces.

And so,after all I wrote,can you explain me why you hate the night elves?
    I'm not a particular Night Elf hater, I hate all elves equally.

But since Night Elf is the dominant elf species (and the wrong faction), most of my rage goes towards them..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well lord of the ring style elves its more like... everything you can do... an elf can do better...
    In Warcraft its really not like that... there its more like... everything an elf can do... some human can do better... and probably needs a fraction of the time to get better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Many people have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to elves.
    or they just hate the massive superiority complex the elves have

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    horde scum
    Sorry that the truth is making you angry.
    War of the Ancients made it clear that the Night Elves are weak people who need strong orc warrior and powerful human mage to save them and teach them how to fight and use magic.
    Even Varian had to to it.
    The Night Elves crafted and gave their most powerful weapon to Broxigar and even made statues of him everywhere.
    He impressed Tyrande so much that 10 000 years later she cries just at the thought of him.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Sorry that the truth is making you angry.
    War of the Ancients made it clear that the Night Elves are weak people who need strong orc warrior and powerful human mage to save them and teach them how to fight and use magic.
    Even Varian had to to it.
    The Night Elves crafted and gave their most powerful weapon to Broxigar and even made statues of him everywhere.
    He impressed Tyrande so much that 10 000 years later she cries just at the thought of him.
    And how did humans learn magic?
    Knaak books... well...
    that "weak" magic they used before and their fighters were still strong enough to destory most troll empires which had a lot more men then the elves.

This tells more about how orcs and humans are portrayed then elves in Warcraft.

There's much to dislike. The destruction of their nasty little tree was the best lore moment since wc3

5+ Year Old Account
    There really aren't. The tension between NEs and Horde races should be strongest with the trolls, but it still isn't portrayed nearly as intense as you're making it out to be. And not that many people hate NEs or elves, considering a majority of players play pretty races. Loud individuals in game and on forums only represent a side of dissent, but don't reflect on the entire population.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves are the worst kind of hypocrites when it comes to finger pointing. Everything's somebody else's fault. They hate Night Elves for banishing them, when their circle kinda broke the world in the literal sense.

Orcs are small brain warmongering zugzugs. Give them a little something and they are gonna find a reason to genocide your entire race if given the chance.

Trolls have a reason to hate the NE but ally themselves with BE? Double hypocrisy. Generally the Horde is a pathetic pile of hypocrites. Most of the races hate each other and each race only favors 1 or 2 races within.

Speaking only in game/character since speculating on real people's motives is thin ice. Broadly, the answer isbecause the Horde (and monster races) are all now united around one ideal: "It's anyone's fault but ours!"

Blood Elves refuse to accept that their founders violated the law. Highborne recklessness with the arcane had just caused an apocalypse, and these guys basically said "Well, that was nasty, back to business as usual." When challenged on this instead of immediate execution per law, they attacked their people to prove they could control themselves, assuming that hasn't been retconned by the Horde apologists at Blizz. (After all, Arthas and Sargeras were just misunderstood!) For a second time, they were shown mercy in being banished rather than executed.

Orcs simply hate anyone who doesn't lie down and die under their axes, including fellow orcs if there's no other targets. They also refuse to accept responsibility for their past and keep proving they're the same bloodthirsty bastards that came through the Dark Portal, now without the demon blood excuse. They whine endlessly about the camps which by now most never even saw (if I have my timeline correct) trying to portray that they were merely strolling along, picking flowers and singing when they were ruthlessly imprisoned for no reason at all. They're apparently too damn stupid to realize it was imprisonment or execution after massacring and burning their way up an entire continent. With all that in mind, "PURPLE ELF IN ALLIANCE! ALLIANCE BAD! THOG SMASH!"

Goblins hate anyone who interferes with them clear cutting, strip mining, dumping waste and poisons, and generally making Azeroth herself hate them, all for money. (Considering Blizz refuses to follow through on anything, these activities don't make a damn bit of sense in the Warcraft setting and are clearly a snide commentary from California) Night Elves take a dim view on such defilement, and so interfere with the balance sheet.

Undead hate everyone.

Trolls have a vague idea that it's night elves' fault that they never rebuilt or progressed. Considering every time they try to rebuild, they promptly start consorting with dark powers rather than working hard, their efforts get smashed by saner people. Since they're apparently incapable of learning, they sulk until the next brilliant troll leader decides to consort with dark powers.

Tauren are lovable morons, thinking they're still bound to a Horde that no longer exists and a Warchief that's no longer in office, based on an oath made by a former chieftain who was murdered by another Warchief. We hope that any day now, they'll look up from grazing in the fields and realize that time actually passes. Until then, they go along with what the rest of the Horde does, despite theoretically being opposed to just about everything the modern Horde stands for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    It has been some time since I played through the blood elf quest chain - can you remind me what was the actual point of the night elf attack?
    To sabotage Thalassian infrastructure and spy. We never find out why they attacked but I presume it had something to do with Kael'thas' alliance with the Naga and Tyrande being paranoid.

Well after the whole druid of the flame thing of course we should kill every night elve using druidism. And maybe only banish the ones who helped against it, but still dare using druidism "because it's part of their culture, my ass".

Burning the tree was pretty clear.
    It's just being nightelve to nightelves.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-04-10 at 12:56 PM.

The only thing I hate is the Male night elf casting animations ilke he's channeling his headache. Outside of that nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    To sabotage Thalassian infrastructure and spy. We never find out why they attacked but I presume it had something to do with Kael'thas' alliance with the Naga and Tyrande being paranoid.
    Tyrande like most of the people wasn't even aware of this. It was a shitty excuse to force the BEs in the Horde, so they made Tyrande even more bipolar than she already was. In wc3 she's eager to help the BEs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Tyrande like most of the people wasn't even aware of this. It was a shitty excuse to force the BEs in the Horde, so they made Tyrande even more bipolar than she already was. In wc3 she's eager to help the BEs.
    Dalaran was aware of this. Dalaran was allied with the Alliance in Vanilla and would probably have warned Southshore about it at the very least. She had five or so years to find out about it, it's not that much of a stretch.

My personal reasons:

1. Their attack on Quel'thalas during TBC (and Night Elf players even trying to justify it and trying to portray them as victims and that they can do no wrong, which just furthers my disdain for them)
    2. Tyrande being an idiot (and really pissing me off in Val'sharah), Malfurion being elevated to God-tier levels and Shandris fawning over a stupid human meme character all left a sour taste in regards to major Night Elf characters. The only one I don't dislike is Maiev and even with her they did a full 180 back in Legion.
    3. Them becoming infected by human potential (which is true for all Alliance races, but nowhere is it as blatant as with Night Elves)
    4. The completely de-fanged portrayal of them in contrast to WC3

(And purely gameplay-based: I REALLY hate the male character model, from horrible anatomy to animations, I can't play a male Night Elf for more than 20 minutes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dalaran was aware of this. Dalaran was allied with the Alliance in Vanilla and would probably have warned Southshore about it at the very least. She had five or so years to find out about it, it's not that much of a stretch.
    I feel like in TBC nobody was aware about what happened with Garithos. And the Naga thing just concerned Kael who went to Outland with them. It was really a contextual moment.
    Anyway it still wouldn't explain Tyrande being bipolar and doing a 180° with the BEs.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    they're sylvanus apologists, i wonder what they'll do when the game goes offline for the last time.

also, lorash is a lore fuck-up, full-stop.
    he lived too long for a HE and is outright wrong considering that the NE DID send rangers to help the HE with the trolls, the undead, and even the demons their prince was selling them out to.

we JUST came from legion where the hunter class hall is headed by one of the rangers who did aid the HE post the highborne's exile.

The night elves coming over to fight trolls wasn’t common knowledge, and Lorash’s age wasn’t a retcon because we never had official confirmation how long high elves could live.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Because they aren’t nearly as cool as they were in WC3.