Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The burning of Theramore was a masacre, moraly there's no justification, but as a PC, i kind of wanted it to push the NE into a more active role in the Alliance, and not just "Human friend"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The burning of Theramore was a masacre, moraly there's no justification, but as a PC, i kind of wanted it to push the NE into a more active role in the Alliance, and not just "Human friend"
    Theramore or Teldrassil?

And sadly the nelfs are still the Human buddies.

They even had one of the most iconic nelfs prattle on about human potential. So there's your active role.

I enjoy real war being brought to the alliance regardless of race. It was a refreshing change to have a leader that gives no fucks and isn't a crybaby like Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Theramore or Teldrassil?

And sadly the nelfs are still the Human buddies.

They even had one of the most iconic nelfs prattle on about human potential. So there's your active role.
    Theramore, teldrassil, what's the difference? both are ruins :P (Yeah my bad)

I don't care if they are still human buddies, i just hope they do more, at least their act on Tides of Vengeance was cool, but sadly... you're also right, that conversation where they had to point out the human potential is.... sad.

Note: It always bothered me how the humans are always one of the most important races in this kind of worlds when every other race have something that make them, literally, superior to humans :S

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Titan keepers tend to stay apart, as part of their jobs to oversee. Dragons similarly stay mostly aloof. In both cases though, they would have been revered as higher beings. As such, it would be assumed they knew what the hell they were doing. The prohibition on the arcane was more about the recklessness of Highborne usage than arcane itself. The idea was to prevent such carelessness happening again, not unlike withholding booze from an alcoholic.
    It is still a stupid notion no matter how you look at it, instead of you know creating a governing wing that makes certain magic is not abused, instead of creating an outright ban that is extremely unpopular with quite a big chunk of the population and has the potential for a civil war, especially since the druids decided to use the arcane but just the druid way.

After all except for humans pretty much every major civilization had arcane magic, the ban was from its very inception pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair i hate all elves not just nelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is still a stupid notion no matter how you look at it, instead of you know creating a governing wing that makes certain magic is not abused, instead of creating an outright ban that is extremely unpopular with quite a big chunk of the population and has the potential for a civil war, especially since the druids decided to use the arcane but just the druid way.

After all except for humans pretty much every major civilization had arcane magic, the ban was from its very inception pointless.
    There's a couple of problems here.

First, a LOT of what you cite was written WAY after the original bits on the prohibition. You're correct that it is contradictory now and they should have revised it, but that implies subtlety and knowing when to leave things unspoken for future wiggle room.

Second, you're applying external knowledge to internal reasoning. The NElves were very xenophobic and wouldn't necessarily know about all the other arcane users, or know about the bad ones like the various bug people, which would only reinforce their idea.

I didn't say it was flawless, but it was clearly Metzen attempting to write a highly disciplined, self-denying people. There's clear references to real world Spartans and samurai in how they're presented. Further, the idea that the Belves' ancestors put up with the ban for all that time and then just snapped is a bit ridiculous, but they needed an ass pull reason at the time to justify BElves in the Horde. Yes, Kael'thas, etc, but the Horde had stomped Quel'thalas too and the BElves forgave all that WAY too easily. They bearing a millennia old grudge against NElves over magic use, but forgive the Horde slaughtering them a few years ago? Nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I didn't say it was flawless, but it was clearly Metzen attempting to write a highly disciplined, self-denying people. There's clear references to real world Spartans and samurai in how they're presented. Further, the idea that the Belves' ancestors put up with the ban for all that time and then just snapped is a bit ridiculous, but they needed an ass pull reason at the time to justify BElves in the Horde. Yes, Kael'thas, etc, but the Horde had stomped Quel'thalas too and the BElves forgave all that WAY too easily. They bearing a millennia old grudge against NElves over magic use, but forgive the Horde slaughtering them a few years ago? Nonsense.
    That bit about the highborne sticking around trying to uphold the law for quite some time has been in the game since classic. The blood elves as a whole don't despise the night elves with an undying hatred they look down on them, heck even lorash with his hate boner didn't want them all dead, he wanted them occupied.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-04-10 at 09:32 PM.

tbh its mostly from blood elf players and mostly because blood elf players are 80% alt-right incels. but i guess you mean in game.

in game terms you would only really expect the orcs and trolls to have a problem with night elves. even then only based on the constant fighting over ashenvale. before then no troll had really seen a night elf or had any kind of prolonged contact with them for 10,000 years. i dont think blizzard realizes this themselves but there arent any native trolls on kalimdor except shatterspear and farraki. farraki were on the other side of the continent to the night elves and the fact that the shatterspear village was still there after 10,000 years implies the night elves and shatterspear didnt really care about eachother. maybe you can make a case for the zandalar since they seem to value their past relevance a lot but keep in mind literally none of them had seen a night elf for 10,000 years once again.

blood elves really dont have a good reason and idk why people play up night elves looking at the arcane sanctums like it was some huge invasion. its such an unimportant detail that blizzard themselves forgot it when trying their hardest to think of a reason why a blood elf would hate night elves, and settled for changing the lore to allow lorash to be 6000 years old and be sad that his dad was too dumb to wear gloves in winter.

as far as elven pride and arrogance goes the current generation of blood elves should be glad about the exile. it allowed them to build a huge paradise magical kingdom which is to their and most other races' opinions much cooler than whatever the night elves have. blood elves should look down on night elves and think they were morons for exiling them and then spending 10,000 years talking to trees but resenting it 10,000 years later doesnt really make sense

now the blood elves should by all means hate the orcs, trolls and forsaken, who were all involved in actual, protracted invasions of their homeland a few decades ago (literally no time at all for an elf) where thousands of blood elves were killed. they have a thing called the "troll wars" where they tried to wipe out all forest trolls. orcs showed up to burn quel'thalas and pinned them in silvermoon where they survived only thanks to their magical shield and eventually the arrival of human potential to save them. its actually obscene that this is never addressed in game but blizzard dont really pay attention to facts that dont suit the exact cliche they're trying to put into the game at that moment.

but basically racial hatred in warcraft makes no sense thanks to the story they have told over the years. if the horde can have blood elves, orcs and trolls in the same faction then the concept of races having undying hatred for eachother simply isn't viable and saurfang is the stupidest man alive for letting sylvanas persuade him that the humans couldn't forgive the orcs when saurfang himself was more than likely involved in the invasion of quel'thalas when sylvanas was a living high elf defending it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-04-11 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    tbh its mostly from blood elf players and mostly because blood elf players are 80% alt-right incels. but i guess you mean in game.

so much hilariously pent up aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    so much hilariously pent up aggression.
    idk i can be pretty aggressive sometimes but theres not really any pent up aggression in that statement its just my observation having played this game. blood elf mains who are blood elf for story reasons just tend to be awful people.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    idk i can be pretty aggressive sometimes but theres not really any pent up aggression in that statement its just my observation having played this game. blood elf mains who are blood elf for story reasons just tend to be awful people.
    You're trying to paint people irl with political and whatever category incel falls under because they play blood elves? That's pretty sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

They're heinously ugly, especially the males.

Most of their animations are embarrassing and cringe-worthy, especially the female's /clap and /cheer emotes.

They're obnoxious in most RP scenarios.

Their starting zone, especially before Cataclysm, was awful beyond description. So much so that in vanilla, most new night elf characters made "the run" to Elwynn Forest despite the perils of traveling through the Wetlands just to avoid doing it.

The people who play them tend to be the douchiest of the douchey.

Because no one likes arrogant tree huggers?

They're a fantasy version of militant middle class vegans

idk why people play up night elves looking at the arcane sanctums like it was some huge invasion.
    Remember, you're talking about the same people who try to claim with straight faces that Taurajo was worse Teldrassil burning, Theramore bombed to rubble, Hillsbrad turned into a plague pit, Gilneas plagued...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

blood elves really dont have a good reason and idk why people play up night elves looking at the arcane sanctums like it was some huge invasion. its such an unimportant detail that blizzard themselves forgot it when trying their hardest to think of a reason why a blood elf would hate night elves, and settled for changing the lore to allow lorash to be 6000 years old and be sad that his dad was too dumb to wear gloves in winter.
    Because it literally was an invasion. Sentinel army violated Thalassian borders and entered Blood Elves' territory without permission. Who'd have guessed, words mean things. And you're also wrong about Blizzard. Surprisingly for them they actually haven't forgotten it and this aggression from the Alliance was mentioned each time the finale of Blood Elves' acceptance to the Horde was updated due to a new Warchief.

Remember, you're talking about the same people who try to claim with straight faces that Taurajo was worse Teldrassil burning, Theramore bombed to rubble, Hillsbrad turned into a plague pit, Gilneas plagued...
    You're once again arguing about your own fantasies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Night elves are ugly, and their fantasy is a bit rubbish. They may have started well, but they pretty much abandoned them. Legion night elf stuff was too little way too late.

They are not relevant any more, and this really annoys their fans.

Well, I don't know lorewise, but roleplay wise I can tell you I tend to despise MALE night Elves because their characters are crap, ugly as shit, and more often than not, used entirely to rp drunken hobos and sexrolling. At least in my realm. The ammount of decent chars out there is abysmal, which is funny because night elf women on the other hand are less common but better.

Well, I bet lorewise it has quite a lot to do with Tyrande and Malfurion being such crappy leaders and everybody getting along with it even better than the average on the Alliance.
    Last edited by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad; 2019-04-11 at 05:17 PM.

why i should be happy to slaughter and massacre a bunch of nature zealots with demigods between them with a long story of fucking up azeroth?
    because i play forsaken, simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Theramore was a bombing on a barracks that had no civilians in it and was used as a staging post to attack horde towns and cities in the Barrens. Teldrassil is no different than what the good guy allies did in WW2 on Dresden, Tokyo, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Rome, Hamburg, Frankfurt etc. Non stop bombing on deliberate civilian areas just because. That's how real wars are fought and thankfully since WW2 we've not resorted to such measures. But wars between powers civilian centres will be targetted if it ends up between NATO (Or just USA and certain allies) and Russia or China.