Poll: Gilbin or Vulpera for horde allied race?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I think the Gilblins will have a tiny amount of customization compared to the Mechagnomes, which have at LEAST customization for ears, chin, eyes, hands, legs and feet. But maybe they're getting a complete overhaul that makes them AR worthy?

It's totally possible that they are making Vulpera animations entirely new so that they can be a 9.0 "new race" and not the "Goblin AR".
    That'd be an interesting way to handle it. I'm still pretty confident that BFA will be rounded off with 4 more allied races, but if vulpera qualify as a new race, then what does that mean for the deep sea jinyu? They'd be a strange combination for 9.0, but I can think of a few ways it might work.

Say, for example, the deep sea jinyu take some time after 8.2 to establish themselves again, so the player experience going 1-15 or so would be all about what happens after the Horde and Alliance roll out of Nazjatar. Vulpera, meanwhile, might go through something similar since the Faithless were defeated and the caravans might need to be united or something.

Gilblins and junker gnomes, meanwhile, could just be pretty easily scooped up and taken with us. I still think vulpera would work fine as an allied race, and until we see the gilblin models that's my current guess at what they'll ultimately be, but I guess making them into a core race is totally possible too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    That'd be an interesting way to handle it. I'm still pretty confident that BFA will be rounded off with 4 more allied races, but if vulpera qualify as a new race, then what does that mean for the deep sea jinyu? They'd be a strange combination for 9.0, but I can think of a few ways it might work.
    My personal thoughts were:

Alliance: Junker Mechagnomes/Ankoa (MAYBE worgen rig? likely nelf rig and based off Sethrak want)
    Horde: Vulpera/Mok'nathal (because KT rig and Ogre want)

But I'd say it's a tossup now that we're getting female Gilblins that likely use the brand new Goblin rig they've worked their asses off on.

My personal thoughts were:

Alliance: Junker Mechagnomes/Ankoa (MAYBE worgen rig? likely nelf rig and based off Sethrak want)
    Horde: Vulpera/Mok'nathal (because KT rig and Ogre want)

But I'd say it's a tossup now that we're getting female Gilblins that likely use the brand new Goblin rig they've worked their asses off on.
    This is why I'm so interested to see all the new models next week. I think they'll definitely give us some big clues as to what to expect in the future. If the deep sea jinyu are setup the same way sethrak are currently, then it's entirely possible they'll be abandoned in the depths like the krokul on Argus. If there's male and female models, and a breadth of customization possibilities? Well, that'd be interesting... I really can't wait to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    This is why I'm so interested to see all the new models next week. I think they'll definitely give us some big clues as to what to expect in the future. If the deep sea jinyu are setup the same way sethrak are currently, then it's entirely possible they'll be abandoned in the depths like the krokul on Argus. If there's male and female models, and a breadth of customization possibilities? Well, that'd be interesting... I really can't wait to see!
    I think the ONLY thing that could take the place of Ankoan for the second Alliance AR is Lightforged Undead, IF they have a VERY heavy Lordaeron theme to them and their armor/culture. Like if they're super Stratholme themed or something.

The hiding of the Ankoan is super suspicious but they could very well be just another Sethrak. It'll be exciting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Sea Giants.
    This guy, FTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want an aquatic race, but gilblins don't really do it for me with their current models or lack of any discernible background despite being around since cata.

HVulpera are a bit more interesting. Vulpera have only been around since this expac began and we already have notable characters and quests. The Gilblin won't have anything until 8.2 and it'll probably be completely limited to that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I find that most people who want Gilblins generally don't want to play Gilblins, it's more they want to take something that isn't a Vulpera so as to block Vulpera. It's a pretty cynical attitude sadly.

On the other hand, people who want to play Vulpera REALLY want to play Vulpera.

Therefore I vote for the Vulpera on the grounds that a.) they add something new and interesting to the Horde and b.) the amount of customization given them so far is pretty indicative of either an intent to add them, or that someone in the art team has too much time on their hands (nobody on the art team has too much time on their hands).
    If they bring new and interesting things to the table, why limit them to being an Allied Race? They would be better off as a full-fledged race than a Diet Playable Race
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    If they bring new and interesting things to the table, why limit them to being an Allied Race? They would be better off as a full-fledged race than a Diet Playable Race
    There isn't much of a difference between the two concepts. Allied races just allow them to skip building an individual levelling experience and to reuse existing models. It's a cost saving exercise...and a bit of a cynical money grab in that some of the 'Allied Races' could have happily been deployed as customization options for existing races (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Mag'har Orcs) but that's an entirely separate discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sea giants or Ogre. We don't need more miniature races.

Goblin are already one of the least played races. Even when they were better looking than the classic races. After the "rework" they may get some increase in their numbers, but I can't see it being that big. Giblins are just the same as Goblins but blue. It would be a fail of allied races. Anything would be better. And let's be honest, we know a lot of people want Vulpera, so I think it is clear that Blizzard will go to the safe option (hello race-change money).

Edit: Just give us already Ogres or Mok'nathal.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2019-04-12 at 08:16 AM.

This right here.

Of the existing lore subraces... what the hell does Alliance have?

-High Elf (can of worms, but already stated why they didn't do them)
    -Wildhammer (did Dark Iron instead, could still come later)
    -Regular Mechagnomes?
    -?????????????

Alliance has shit-all for Subraces, it's why they have to make new ones and new species that use existing rigs/animations for them. It's why they get so many "asspull races"... there are barely any GOOD alliance subraces at all! Hence the completely new culture/model/theme Mechagnomes and likely a fish monster race to give them something "Hordeish" as well. Complete with additional existing Alliance ties (Gnomes and Jinyu).

EDIT: I should add, I'm a longtime Alliance player and I love the so-called "asspulls" (Void Elves, new version of Kul Tiras with half giants, new Mechas from what I've seen). Just because something isn't old WC2/WC3 lore doesn't mean it's bad, and Alliance culture has been boring as shit for too long.
    This is what happens when you keep giving thehorde all the alliance good stuff too.

Remember Nightborne? The night elf sub race - the well built up narrative from the long established kaldorei golden era just had to go horde horde.

Wanna bet that if they do that amazing Naz'dorei nelf sub race, it too would go horde, and I bet if Illidari were an allied race instead of being tied to a class, theyd have taken that horde too, excuse being Illidan and his night elves worked with the blood elves in TBC and the night elves don't do fel magic so naturally it makes perfect sense. When it doesn't and it could be made to work, just as illidan and night elf demon hunters throughout warcraft keep helping their people in spite of their rejection and suspicion of them.

The true reason would be it's just too cool to go alliance. So the fittingslliance once are never given.

Take Vrykul, why couldn't the kul'tirans be modelled on a more primal human, hailing from the sea farming vrykul roots? An appearance similar to shorter vrykul, or the vrykul themselves?
    No...too cool horde must have it better.

So alliance is given Ankoan, blob humans, void elves who should have been a blood elf sub race and anything with cool factor annexed and given to the horde.

Vulpera
    I do believe we will get the Vulpera, there been so much animation put into them, they started as this avarage NPC race, then all of the sudden they got customsation option, eyes that move and not just painted on, few different animation than the regular goblin model that they where based off. And also adding a tail out of nowhere and animated it aswell is sort of a hint at it.

And then there is the reason for them to join/lore around them, they are very, very much Core Horde material. Nomads,trying to survive this word, some of them are ferocious warriors. I am pretty sure they will become an Allied race or a Playable race for the Horde, not just sure when though.

Mok'nathal
    I do also hope for Mok'nathal, while they arn't really an Ogre, I do think Mok'nathal are cooler then the regular Ogre(People gonna skin me for that!). And as it already been mentioned in the thread, they could base it of Rexxar, which have the male KT model so they can keep reusing Rigs/Skeletons/Models. They would be different enough in the silhouette to not be mistaken for KT, also Belfs and Velfs doesn't have much silhouette different then their skin colors so it should be fine. And they are also sort of a Horde Core material. And it would sort of give the players the "ogre" they been wanting so much.

But although I do hope for them so much, at the time the arn't much about them at all, unless Rexxar(or some one else) does something during 8.2 - 8.3 that will invite the rest of his people to the Horde, right now they are still chilling on Outland. So thats why I sadly think we won't get them, although I want them so darn badly!

This right here.

Of the existing lore subraces... what the hell does Alliance have?

-High Elf (can of worms, but already stated why they didn't do them)
    -Wildhammer (did Dark Iron instead, could still come later)
    -Regular Mechagnomes?
    -?????????????

Alliance has shit-all for Subraces, it's why they have to make new ones and new species that use existing rigs/animations for them. It's why they get so many "asspull races"... there are barely any GOOD alliance subraces at all! Hence the completely new culture/model/theme Mechagnomes and likely a fish monster race to give them something "Hordeish" as well. Complete with additional existing Alliance ties (Gnomes and Jinyu).

EDIT: I should add, I'm a longtime Alliance player and I love the so-called "asspulls" (Void Elves, new version of Kul Tiras with half giants, new Mechas from what I've seen). Just because something isn't old WC2/WC3 lore doesn't mean it's bad, and Alliance culture has been boring as shit for too long.
    The only race I see not being and "asspull" for the Alliance are the Furbolgs, since they've been around for a long time, have been befriend with the Nelves for a long time, shared territory and some cultural aspects with them and some of them have recently been fcked by the Horde at the Dark Shore.

Goblins spent time in Cataclysm hiring Ogre clans into the horde. The goblin allied race should be Ogre. Ogres are used as bodyguards by goblins plenty of times. It just makes sense.

MFW NIGHT ELVES ARE PLAYABLE IN THE HORDE FIRST BEFORE OGRES -cries-
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of them joining would mean having fallen pretty low lol

How about removing gnomes, goblins and pandas from game?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are the least popular race in horde , we don't need more of them.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I'm absolutely amazed not many people believe Mok'nathal are happening. Why ELSE would they spend so much time on the Kul Tiran rig, developing all these new animations, if they weren't going to be reused for Horde?
    Because Ogres? There's only a single, isolated village of Mok'nathal in Outland, whereas Ogres already have 2 clans already allied with the Horde, not to mention the ones still on Outland and Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Wanna bet that if they do that amazing Naz'dorei nelf sub race, it too would go horde, and I bet if Illidari were an allied race instead of being tied to a class, theyd have taken that horde too, excuse being Illidan and his night elves worked with the blood elves in TBC and the night elves don't do fel magic so naturally it makes perfect sense. When it doesn't and it could be made to work, just as illidan and night elf demon hunters throughout warcraft keep helping their people in spite of their rejection and suspicion of them.
    They aren't actively helping their own people, they've just been trying to kill the demons and if you got helped along the way, great. If you got killed because you were in the way, so be it. Illidan only helped the Horde and alliance forces break into Outland simply because it would weaken the demons and draw attention away from his own efforts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the choice, the Horde will end up 50% more ears-heavy.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Remember two years ago when all people wanted was Dark Iron and Mag'har skins for the existing models? We get that, and more, and people still find reasons to complain about them being "super lazy."
    I know right people forget allied races aren't new races, they are in addition to them. A variation on existing races many desired and many still appreciate hugely, altho the choice of which and presentation are hotly debated.
    Despite my issues I'm much happier they are here, they feel like new races tho they are not. I'm under no illusions they are new races

And dontminf