Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That's a long ass post. It's not my fault you're too incompetent to have a discussion.
    Ha. You sound butthurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    "the name really has nothing to do with a Skywalker"

That's TOTALLY what she said at the beginning, yup.

Boy your replies won't age well once the movie hits lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    White knighting is amusing too. At the end of the day can you really tell me you find those characters interesting?
    Well, at least you've backed down from "feminazi agenda" to "not interesting." That's progress, I suppose.

Star Wars (at least the movies) has never really had interesting characters. Yoda was probably the best before they decided it was a good idea to show the wise old wizard bouncing around on walls with a tiny lightsaber. But he still retains some of the mystery that lets you use your imagination.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-04-14 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Empire Strike Backs and Return of the Jedi saw the box office drop from 750 millions(ANH) to 450 millions….
    A bomb means not making back the money used on production and advertising. RoTJ more than made it back also the toy sales were crazy.

Red Letter Media has just reviewed the new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTLC_uiGFA

- - - Updated - - -

I think we're getting it all wrong. Luke was trying to tell Rey who she really is. Literally. He was saying that her name is: Nawuns Everillie Gawn
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If you watch the starwars trailers of 1,2,and 3. Since its more up to date then trailers of 4,5,and 6. There's something missing from the trailers of 7,8, and 9. Disney versions seem no different then Fuller House. Rogue one was decent, I'll give you that. But 7,8 and 9 just don't capture the feel. The rise of Skywalker, so this mean that Rey is gonna be shown to be a skywalker after all? Also noticed Peter Mayhew isn't gonna be chewbacca in the film. Ian McDiarmid is in the cast list, so guessing he does make an appearance.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527338...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ian McDiarmid - there is his evil laugh at the end of the trailer. So...credit deserved right there and since it seems everyone can come back in the SW Universe even when they get hacked in two halves...yeah, see the video two posts up
    Well, there's so many ways how to interpret 'Noone is really gone', especially in regards to Star Wars. We, as in the audience and the heroes, could encounter Sidious's ghost, who is still haunting the Galaxy, telling them that they'll never be rid of him, because even decades after his death his legacy lives on. He could be ressurected somehow. It could be a recording he made, and the entire First Order is some kind of failsafe he established early in the Empire in case he gets killed, which would somehow explain their name. And so on.

Nope, TLJ actually killed my love for Star Wars.

It's ok, we can just treat the Disney trilogy the same way everyone treats post golden-era Simpsons and just disregard them altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its makes that if IX wraps up the up then Sidious in it. Its as much as his saga as it is the Skywalkers. The prequels whats him taking over the galaxy. The OT was him running it, and the ST is the works of his contingency plan. His arc must end as well.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    tlj made 1.3b
    fa made 2b

tlj dropped 700 mil, u have to white knight those facts pretty hard...That's 700 mil dollars less for future projects, how kathleen still has a job if beyond me

Rogue One made 1.05b
    soylo made 390 mil

That's way below Rogue One, far from 1b mark
    Rogue One almost made 3 times as much as soylo

That's using world famous chacter Han Solo vs a bunch of unknown rebels, n u still manage to fuck it up..

tlj n soylo made huuuuge underperformances to their potential.

I bet rise of skywalker will make less than Rogue One
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-04-14 at 09:50 AM.

SInce they've shown Darth Maul as well, might as well bring both Palpatine and Maul back. Full fan service mode. I know Maul died again on Tattooine, but whatever, ressurect him again.

Then you have the poor fragile Rey against 3 big baddies. But along her path to destroy all evil in the galaxy, Force ghosts start appearing and help her defeat Sidious once and for all ! And Chewbacca will raise babies with Lando and Leia will fly into the sunset.

Po and Finn will get married and raise Kylo Skywalkers baby with Rey, called Hanuke Skywalker.

Jokes aside, I hope we get a proper smooth ending that will tie everything in. They can still recover and go big in the end, I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't understand their reluctance to start with a clean sheet hundreds of years before PT. Everything past ST is known, overall predictable and boring.

It's been 5 years since they sealed the deal.
    Nostalgia and revamping is trendy rn. I would love Bane trilogy or some other old republic stuff on the silver screen but seeing the Disney policy I doubt they would do a more mature Star Wars movie. Maybe they could do Boba Fett or Jango Fett stories with a bit more serious approach. I would love Darth Maul one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    SInce they've shown Darth Maul as well, might as well bring both Palpatine and Maul back. Full fan service mode. I know Maul died again on Tattooine, but whatever, ressurect him again.

Then you have the poor fragile Rey against 3 big baddies. But along her path to destroy all evil in the galaxy, Force ghosts start appearing and help her defeat Sidious once and for all ! And Chewbacca will raise babies with Lando and Leia will fly into the sunset.

Po and Finn will get married and raise Kylo Skywalkers baby with Rey, called Hanuke Skywalker.

Jokes aside, I hope we get a proper smooth ending that will tie everything in. They can still recover and go big in the end, I have faith.
    The Maul in Solo stories? I dismissed the possibility and I hope it's his son or something but not some retarded "Naboo was merely a setback".
    S.H.

Then you have the poor fragile Rey against 3 big baddies.
    Maul coming back after dying peacefully, knowing that the Chosen One will "avenge them" would never work with Sidius ever. He'd probably try to befriend Rey like he did Ezra(?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    The Maul in Solo stories? I dismissed the possibility and I hope it's his son or something but not some retarded "Naboo was merely a setback".
    Son? Can't make those without privates

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Nostalgia and revamping is trendy rn. I would love Bane trilogy or some other old republic stuff on the silver screen but seeing the Disney policy I doubt they would do a more mature Star Wars movie. Maybe they could do Boba Fett or Jango Fett stories with a bit more serious approach. I would love Darth Maul one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeye he actually survived the fall and got robot legs, it's canon and was in the animated series.

But later on died to a duel with old Kenobi.

By the way, could it be possible that Sidious survived the fall like Leia flew in space? Maybe that's what they were going for there, to show that force users can survive space?

Yeye he actually survived the fall and got robot legs, it's canon and was in the animated series.

But later on died to a duel with old Kenobi.

By the way, could it be possible that Sidious survived the fall like Leia flew in space? Maybe that's what they were going for there, to show that force users can survive space?
    He’d have to survive the death star explosion?
    S.H.

Tj killed all the star wars.

Could be interesting if the movie goes from one climax to another, all caused by deus ex machina moments when someone who is presumed dead to save the according side.
    Until in the end you have all the Jedis on one side, all the Siths in another, waiting for the major battle to start...then you hear the soft female voice: "Wake up Luke, the droid broke down again and Uncle Owen needs your help". Then you see Luke rise up from the bed, walking past Aunt Beru through the door. Cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    A bomb means not making back the money used on production and advertising. RoTJ more than made it back also the toy sales were crazy.
    The new low for Americans : considering toy sales as an indication if the movie is good. FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    tlj made 1.3b
    fa made 2b

tlj dropped 700 mil, u have to white knight those facts pretty hard...That's 700 mil dollars less for future projects, how kathleen still has a job if beyond me

Rogue One made 1.05b
    soylo made 390 mil

That's way below Rogue One, far from 1b mark
    Rogue One almost made 3 times as much as soylo

That's using world famous chacter Han Solo vs a bunch of unknown rebels, n u still manage to fuck it up..

tlj n soylo made huuuuge underperformances to their potential.

I bet rise of skywalker will make less than Rogue One
    How much money make the films your handlers tell you to like ? ABA 400 millions is what your kind call ''failure'' when applied to movies you are ordered to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    My head hurts each time I need to point out this, but of course, she. have. the. Force.
    Luke and Anakin were also 'blessed' with the Force, and neither of them were immediately good at everything to the point of doing things like veterans on their first try.

• Rey fought Kylo Ren to a standstill despite no training with light sabers.
    • Rey piloted the Millennium Falcon like a pro despite apparently never having piloted a spaceship before.
    • Rey completely resisted a Force mind scan against an experienced Force user despite absolutely no training with the Force.
    • Rey also immediately knew how to do Force compulsion despite never even seen it before being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Luke and Anakin were also 'blessed' with the Force, and neither of them were immediately good at everything to the point of doing things like veterans on their first try.

• Rey fought Kylo Ren to a standstill despite no training with light sabers.
    • Rey piloted the Millennium Falcon like a pro despite apparently never having piloted a spaceship before.
    • Rey completely resisted a Force mind scan against an experienced Force user despite absolutely no training with the Force.
    • Rey also immediately knew how to do Force compulsion despite never even seen it before being used.
    What kind of movie you watched ? Anakin and the podrace ?

I can't wait for another 7 months of hearing TLJ is shit and whinging about Rey being too overpowered. It'll be a real, refreshing change of pace.

I rewatched TLJ literally 2 days ago for the first time in about a year - still holds up. Was about my 4th viewing. Very well thought out. Canto Bight is still a sore spot, but I'm still convinced of the same thing I thought the day I saw it opening weekend: the side plot is purposefully pointless, to stress the huge folly of Poe's plan, and illustrate his massive character flaw. Hell, he even says, on open comms - after finding out they had a code breaker they didn't know on board with them - the Resistance's plan to use cloaked ships to escape, essentially killing off dozens of those ships when they get sold out by Benicio Del Toro. It's all part of Poe's arc. Who Holdo is, is largely irrelevant. The best part is, if that's some other admiral from ANOTHER SHIP IN THE FLEET (like Holdo) who had never met Poe, who doesn't have purple hair and wear a gown, people would have no problem with that admiral not divulging the plan to a demoted captain with a penchant for recklessness who DEFIED A DIRECT ORDER from General Organa already once in this bungled operation.

Rose is kind of a superfluous character, I'll agree to that. I hope to hell there's no intention to set up some weird romantic triangle where she's vying for Finn's love while he's pining for Rey while Rey secretly has a thing for fucking Kylo Ren of all people. Finn dying pointlessly in that beam cannon thing would have been a perfect end - he had an arc from "guy who runs away" to essentially becoming what Poe was in the beginning of the movie, and he stupidly throws away his life for something that didn't matter, like the Dreadnought attack. That would have been poetic. That whole sequence where Rose saved him was the real low point of that movie, and it arose from the perceived need for someone to actualize some sort of romance in this series, which is stupid.