Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why even bother? whats the reason here? if it was for fun and varietiy, they would not do it now. They would keep working on it for the next xpac and make it cool and engaging. Its not like it is now.
    That's silly. They're adding something new and cool for everyone. You haven't lost anything.

The water shoes are going to cost no more than 50g each time you apply it to your entire account. There are very simple ways to raise ten times that amount, 500g, in as little as ten minutes' time.

Within a couple weeks of 8.2 dropping (same time as this mount equipment thing goes online) you're going to gain flying and lose the need to even care about water walking for the next year to year and a half (until 9.0 drops).

Why are people so disturbed by this? It's so trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    That's silly. They're adding something new and cool for everyone. You haven't lost anything.

The water shoes are going to cost no more than 50g each time you apply it to your entire account. There are very simple ways to raise ten times that amount, 500g, in as little as ten minutes' time.

Within a couple weeks of 8.2 dropping (same time as this mount equipment thing goes online) you're going to gain flying and lose the need to even care about water walking for the next year to year and a half (until 9.0 drops).

Why are people so disturbed by this? It's so trivial.
    But where does this idea stem from? Why dont the herbalism mount get shafted here? Why implement it? Was it such a hurdle doing dailys over a few weeks?

Maybe they introduce this now so they can prepare for removing flying alltogether in the next xpac. Now they all can walk on water, no flying needed.

It is a bad thing because you have to purchase the items for every single char.

If they really wanted to improve mount availability, they just would add this as a spell or toy you could use, as a real buff no matter what mount you add.

This way, they just remove it from the waterstrider, and give you the burden to get those mount items for every single new char, which is a massive and unjustified nerf to waterstrider abilities.

As usual, and once again, blizzard sells a nerf as a buff. They are like the devil, telling you they want to improve something, while they just take away even more.

Really disgusting. And a massive asshattery from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    But where does this idea stem from? Why dont the herbalism mount get shafted here? Why implement it? Was it such a hurdle doing dailys over a few weeks?

Maybe they introduce this now so they can prepare for removing flying alltogether in the next xpac. Now they all can walk on water, no flying needed.
    Who cares?

You literally haven't lost a single thing. You've only gained the option of relinquishing a water walking mount in exchange for a mount that doesn't ever get dazed, or deciding to make your favorite mount water walk too. You haven't lost water walking.

They have already said they are going to add more mount equipment in future. Perhaps one of those will be the ability to herb (or mine!!) from your mount. The possiblities are endless. Just because they aren't adding them in 8.2 doesn't mean they won't later on.

They're not going to remove flying altogether. We've already been down that road. They got the message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    It is a bad thing because you have to purchase the items for every single char.
    It's not per character. It's per account. You only need one mount equipment item to cover ALL of your characters. The only restriction is it can only be installed by a character over level 100, but it works on all your mounts, level 20 and up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I see with it is that of the old talent trees. Sure, there may a lot of options but in reality people are only going to use one build. If you're leveling in a ground mount only area, why would you use anything other than water walking? I can count on one hand the number of times I get dazed off a mount when leveling and once you get to flying who cares about any of the mount gear? Fake sense of choice is just that.

Sorry, but the truth is that everyone who levels an alt puts the waterstrider in their actionbars, same goes to merchant mounts like the mammoth or the yak. And now blilzzard just takes that away. The waterstrider should keep the skill.

Sorry, but the truth is that everyone who levels an alt puts the waterstrider in their actionbars, same goes to merchant mounts like the mammoth or the yak. And now blilzzard just takes that away. The waterstrider should keep the skill.
    When 8.2 comes out, most people are only going to care about their level 120 characters going to Nazjatar and Mechagon Island, and WE WILL HAVE FLYING AND NOT NEED WATER WALKING. In all BfA locations. You'll have an entire year-and-a-few-months not to even worry about it.

It's not per character. It's per account. You only need one mount equipment item to cover ALL of your characters. The only restriction is it can only be installed by a character over level 100, but it works on all your mounts, level 20 and up.
    Your mounts are account wide, but not that equipment. You have to invest gold per char in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

When 8.2 comes out, most people are only going to care about their level 120 characters going to Nazjatar and Mechagon Island, and WE WILL HAVE FLYING AND NOT NEED WATER WALKING. In all BfA locations. You'll have an entire year-and-a-few-months not to even worry about it.
    People will also level alts, as i do all the time, and they will continue to do so. And that gameplay is actually nerfed. Below level 60 there is no flying, as you hopefully remember.

Blizzard just should not take away the waterstrider skill. Is there any way we get something WITHOUT someone removing something for it? Just once? Away with that hypocrisy.

It was the same with portals. It was the same with many "improvements" before. It is just about taking away more than giving in blizzards nowadays system changes.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-16 at 09:31 PM.

Your mounts are account wide, but not that equipment. You have to invest gold per char in the future.
    Nope, you are mistaken. The equipment is account wide. They said so. You install it and it works across ALL YOUR CHARACTERS.

- - - Updated - - -

People will also level alts, as i do all the time, and they will continue to do so. And that gameplay is actually nerfed.
    So put the water walking equipment on your account and you still are exactly in the same place that you are right now.

Who cares?

You literally haven't lost a single thing. You've only gained the option of relinquishing a water walking mount in exchange for a mount that doesn't ever get dazed, or deciding to make your favorite mount water walk too. You haven't lost water walking.

They have already said they are going to add more mount equipment in future. Perhaps one of those will be the ability to herb (or mine!!) from your mount. The possiblities are endless. Just because they aren't adding them in 8.2 doesn't mean they won't later on.

They're not going to remove flying altogether. We've already been down that road. They got the message.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why ever remove the skill from the waterstrider? People put in the legwork to get that mount for that one ability. Just make it so that out of all the mounts, the waterstrider cant gain any other ability then what it already has. Waterwalking.

What about the yak? I can transmog from that mount, why cant I do it from every mount?

The herbmount gets to keep the ability, so cant be that complicated to leave the waterstrider out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Because people would use the water strider with another piece of equipment.
    At this point you're just making an argument for the sake of an argument and virtually defending their stupid decision. Equipment isn't going to be min-maxed as much as you think it will.

Either way, there are workarounds to fix that, like as somebody mentioned above: water striders don't have to have equipment slots; they could just be a niche mount. So stop defending their dumb, unnecessary decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Nope, you are mistaken. The equipment is account wide. They said so. You install it and it works across ALL YOUR CHARACTERS.

- - - Updated - - -

So put the water walking equipment on your account and you still are exactly in the same place that you are right now.
    I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE SKILL FOR MY WATERSTRIDER. BLIZZARD SHOULD TAKE THEIR HANDS OFF THAT.

Gosh. Do you not understand the most simple request?

It is very likely they will remove mount equipment or nerf it. This is their trick. They change a system just to nerf the original state. They are goddamn hypocrites.

I want them not to touch the waterstrider. Only then i believe this is no filthy trick as it was always the case in the past.

I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE SKILL FOR MY WATERSTRIDER. BLIZZARD SHOULD TAKE THEIR HANDS OFF THAT.
    Change is good. Nothing lasts forever. This is a game.

Gosh. Do you not understand the most simple request?
    I understand this perfectly. The trouble is that you don't... you still think it's per character, and I'm telling you that you only have to literally do this once. You will get a free water walking mount equipment -- FREE -- if you have Anglers exalted and the water strider unlocked. Place that FREE equipment into the slot once. You are then literally in the EXACT SAME PLACE that you are currently today... the only difference is now you can water walk on any of your mounts, not just the strider.

Get over yourself.

No. You are mistaken. It is per character. If I equip the water boots on one character it is only that character that has them. How do I know this? I went on PTR and actually tested it.

It also isn't working as they stated as under 100 can't use the water walking item even though they said it would be useable at level 20 and only require 100 to get it.

You are then literally in the EXACT SAME PLACE that you are currently today
    NO YOU ARE NOT AS THE SKILL FOR THE WATERSTRIDER IS LOST. And that, believe me, will be the final outcome. They will limit mount gear to an expac at some point.

Filthy. Hypocritical. Selling a long term nerf as a buff. That, and only that, are the WoW devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    No. You are mistaken. It is per character. If I equip the water boots on one character it is only that character that has them. How do I know this? I went on PTR and actually tested it.

It also isn't working as they stated as under 100 can't use the water walking item even though they said it would be useable at level 20 and only require 100 to get it.
    Then it's bugged, because it is exactly what Blizzard said would not be the case.

They very clearly stated that you install it on a 100+ character and it will work for all your characters, from level 20 on up.

EDIT:

And even if that wasn't the intent, it's still the same principle. You'll just buy a 50g water walking token for that CHARACTER and that character will be able to water walk, leaving your highest level mount free to do something else entirely. In fact, that's an even better solution than per-account.

Then it's bugged, because it is exactly what Blizzard said would not be the case.

They very clearly stated that you install it on a 100+ character and it will work for all your characters, from level 20 on up.
    I think you are wrong as you are the only person I've seen who thinks that's the way it is supposed to work. We'll just have to wait until this goes live.

Ooooh look, that nice guys from blizzard gave us that HUGE portal room (.. while taking away existing portals)
    Ooooh look, we get all these new daily quests (.. while taking away the ability to farm reputation without a time gate)
    Ooooh look, we get mount gear! (.. while taking away the special abilities of mounts they have today)

This is the truth. The blizzard devs are liars. And they sell you a nerf with a colorful implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I think you are wrong as you are the only person I've seen who thinks that's the way it is supposed to work. We'll just have to wait until this goes live.
    That's fair, but as I said, per-character is even better. The Anglers 40g water shoes token is bind on account. So buy one for your level 20 alt, send it to them... water walking until they reach 120. Then change it out at 120 for something else.

To be honest, I think that's even better. It solves the problem for the levelers, and I don't need water walking at 120 as I will shortly be able to fly everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the truth. The blizzard devs are liars. And they sell you a nerf with a colorful implementation.
    You're a drama queen. LOL.

Ooooh look, that nice guys from blizzard gave us that HUGE portal room (.. while taking away existing portals)
    Ooooh look, we get all these new daily quests (.. while taking away the ability to farm reputation without a time gate)
    Ooooh look, we get mount gear! (.. while taking away the special abilities of mounts they have today)

I definitely see this being added simply so they can make us have to rebuy equipment every expansion. Maybe I'm just pessimistic and cynical in my old age. Alternatively I may be using experience of what blizzard in the past few years and am extrapolating accurately.