Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    8.3 will be more faction war. I dont think Jaina, Lorthemar, Genn, Anduin, Thrall and Saurfang will take their hand and defeat Sylvanas with their love.
    Well they said we have yet to see the biggest warfront so yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Someone with 10k+ years of experience in arcane magic should not be facerolled by a human mage girl in her later 30s.
    If this post was in regards to Thalyssra during the BFA opening, they were surrounded by Alliance on every corner during that quote, even if Thalyssra was better than Jaina in magical combat, they were outnumbered.

Thalyssra could probably take on Jaina, but she would not be able to assist everyone else fighting Genn, Anduin (who was on his way) and every Alliance soldier in the entire city all at once.

Unless we are discussing another spot in the story I have yet to see where Thalyssra and Jaina duke it out and she loses.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Here's the thing sweetheart, the horde will go forward with characters who aren't genocidal monsters, ones who kill there own soldiers, because that's what will be written. Your the one being left in the dirt.
    As long as she lives I dont give a fuck if she is warchief or not. Blizzard shown they can't write proper story for that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the main reason you chose to stand down when faced with Thrall, Saurfang and Jaina and the Titan and Old God-murdering Player Character is not out of respect but because the reasonable response is to brown your shorts and cower in a corner. I mean Thrall, Jaina and Saurfang may spare your life, but you have some lint in your pocket I can vendor for 1s so you are dead, bitch
    It'd be funny if one day they make a "Would you kindly?" styled parody quest line, where players finally realize what a freaking greedy yes-man murder hobo they actually are.

When I hear clinking of coin, no one is safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It'd be funny if one day they make a "Would you kindly?" styled parody quest line, where players finally realize what a freaking greedy yes-man murder hobo they actually are.

When I hear clinking of coin, no one is safe!
    Or a nice transmog/mount.

My DH already has killed over 300k things, 90k of which were Humanoid. And most of the time I was the one breaking into their homes and attacking them. But I'm the good guy here!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Or a nice transmog/mount.

My DH already has killed over 300k things, 90k of which were Humanoid. And most of the time I was the one breaking into their homes and attacking them. But I'm the good guy here!
    That's why people think we didn't get lessons of Pandaria. Just look at those numbers. We're one-man genocide.

And don't even get me started on getting an exalted rep in Vanilla.
    I got them all. I recently grinded Steemweedle cartel from 0/36k hated to exhalted by just killing pirates in Tanaris. As a DH that's especially great because I'm not only killing them, I also devour their souls.

My character should be totally untouched by blighting some allied troops and by burning down a tree. He's done way worse for way less.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2019-04-19 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah but i like i said, his intent is not to help alliance, the faction alliance, but Jaina as a friend because the mind control and shit

his advice to theramore is way worse than this, that diretly help the alliance to make a proper defense
    In both cases he's a traitor. I also argue his conduct with Garrosh was worse, not because of his intent, as his aid was treacherous in order to save Jaina either way, where otherwise she'd either have (in his mind) lost her city by storm or assassinated, but because the plan he was sabotaging wasn't retarded. Retarded or not though, we're essentially playing semantics at this point. He did kill Horde soldiers and his intent in doing so was to help a member of the Alliance and prevent her assassination. That he spared anyone isn't really exonerating. The default is that he shouldn't kill them at all and especially not for this purpose.

Regarding Thrall, he'll always have cultural relevance, but there's simply no situation where his word has any ground to weigh more than the current reigning Warchief. This was the case when he tried to tell the Kor'kron to drop the occupation of Darkspear and it's equally as true when he offs the guards Sylvanas has put to ensure Baine is executed for treason.

On the final note though, I'm pretty sure the rebels have no idea Sylvanas even has the knaifu because the PC is an old god puppet and doesn't tell them. From what we see for now they're just acting to save Baine and only then do they rebel.

@Nymrohd

Implying surrender would save you if you had coins on your person or had a 0.0001% of dropping a differently coloured version of a hat I already have.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I mean if you just drop gold and you are neutral, I will only kill you via accidental cleave. I am not THAT greedy!!!

Also in the Derek scenario, many of the Deathguard give up when at low health and surrender. You only kill those who refuse to do so.
    The hat thing would ensure they die in my book. And unlike Sylvanas I don't faff around. Those souls are going right into my bag so I can turn them into dogs when my dog runs in and gets killed like the blithering retard that it is.

I'm baffled by any argument that involves casting that as virtuous. "Look, ma, sure Baine killed his own side in order to help the Alliance, but he didn't kill the guys who gave up!" Not killing them is the default, doing it only sometimes is still not praiseworthy, especially given his goal.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Baine didn't kill anyone, the player character did I was just saying, if they want us to not kill them, all they need to do is go green and then we cannot kill them anymore

Also the idea that I am framing this as virtuous is just weird.
    Oh, I don't mean you, I mean this general argument, since it pops up elsewhere.

Also, Baine does follow me around and whacks dark rangers for me. He even does what you tell him, making him more intelligent than my pet. On my hunter I had him play dead so I could spend a brief imagine spot lamenting what could have been.

Is it just me or the part "nozdormu is missing" is somehow important for the following expansion (murozond)

Ah, my prot paladin just rushed the ship and gathered everything up so Baine couldn't keep up.
    Baine is a shitter. He has very low DPS. I wouldn't invite him to my party again and that undead shaman (?) he brought along just spent the whole time on the ship afk.

They did not kill ppl to benefit the Alliance. They did what they thought is right. Do you have ever heard of the concept of morality or ethics?

If I had to kill ppl of my own country because they are engaging in some deep shit that could threaten the whole world, I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    They did not kill ppl to benefit the Alliance. They did what they thought is right. Do you have ever heard of the concept of morality or ethics?

If I had to kill ppl of my own country because they are engaging in some deep shit that could threaten the whole world, I would do it.
    False. That is their goal in mind. End the war, by killing their own, so that the alliance might be nice to us again, once we lose the war and just subjugate us instead of full kill of everyone for us being so hue hue hue evil. Which I would much prefer at this moment, since at least the self flagellation would stop, once the Horde is deleted for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    False. That is their goal in mind. End the war, by killing their own, so that the alliance might be nice to us again, once we lose the war and just subjugate us instead of full kill of everyone for us being so hue hue hue evil. Which I would much prefer at this moment, since at least the self flagellation would stop, once the Horde is deleted for good.
    Do you ever revise what you say, the fact you just wrote that and didn't stop to question how stupid it sounded is worrying
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Play Legion Azsuna zone, make sure you read the ancient times for one of the quests..and you will be shocked Prince Farondis isnt there.

As for the Shen'dralar - they lead the highborne now, Mordant Evenshade is their leader, other notable mentions are Estulan who featured heavily in the alliance quests in Feralas zone for 4.0

The Shen'dralar were Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists, processing her most important projects, often in secret. They turned against her to fight the Legion in the War of the Ancients, but before Cata, she approaches them for an allegiance, crying for more info they uncover the old gods' Destheing plot and use this urgent situation to mend fences with the Darnassians and ally.

Now I don't know if Chronicles necessarily means the wotlK stuff was retconned, it was Metzen that shared the info about crying and Queen Azshara at the blizzcon Cata reveal, at the time we assumed they were discovering this in Dire Maul, but actually we don't know, they could have been in the forest having overcome their addiction and withdrawal over the last few years since classic period when they fled the city after Prince Totheldrinn was slain by adventurers, like Chronicles states, and pulling themselves together then uncovered the plot after being approached by Azshara...I don't know, since in game doesn't mention it, and only an interview/panel reveals this info, it is easy to retcon
    Yeah, I played in Legion and know about Farondis. Thing is after we finish his questline and he regains the respect of his people his storyline seems wrapped up. Besides telling us that they broke the curse and he and all his people are now truly dead in lore I'm not sure what more you want from them.

I know who the Shen'dralar are, and really their only high point was their leader imprisoned a demon as a power source and eventually wiped out most of his own people to keep the demon's power for himself. I know some of them approached the night elves in Cata and that's why they can be mages now.

But all of that stuff with Azshara coming to them for help and info is totally foreign to me. All we have is an interview with Metzen? Nothing in Chronicles or a short story or a comic?

Im wondering, do all these "Baine and Saurfang are traitors, kill them!!!!!"-fanboys realize that Sylvanas herself disobeyed at least one direct order from WARCHIEF Garrosh in Cata? You know, when he told her "Dont use the blight, bitch", and the very next quest she said "Screw him" and used it anyway? Which makes her also a traitor to the horde.
    Not saying Baine is a good character or Saurfang has been written any good this addon, but Sylvanas is as much a traitor to the horde as they are, since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Do you ever revise what you say, the fact you just wrote that and didn't stop to question how stupid it sounded is worrying
    I do hope he is writing that because we are talking about a game. If not, it is really worrying.

I think the main reason you chose to stand down when faced with Thrall, Saurfang and Jaina and the Titan and Old God-murdering Player Character is not out of respect but because the reasonable response is to brown your shorts and cower in a corner. I mean Thrall, Jaina and Saurfang may spare your life, but you have some lint in your pocket I can vendor for 1s so you are dead, bitch
    10/10 freaking win

LMFAO

And you're right about anyone facing those 4; stand down or burn
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Calling it now

Sylvanas is seeking to release n'zoth and use the dagger to drain him to the point where we can kill him.

This is a pretty good choice IMO even though a majority of the stories and shows that use this idea botch it.

Even if she aims to imprison him the outcome is the same because she is the only one that is immune to his influence