Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    How do people think that bloodlust (learned at 66) was in vanilla?
    boggles the mind tbh
    Lots of people think it. Guess you're just that much smarter than every else. What else boggles your mind?

5+ Year Old Account
    Were there target dummies in Vanilla? I honestly cannot remember.

Bloodlust. Seen so many people say shamans were OP and therefore horde OP because of bloodlust.

Good talent trees. There was none in Vanilla, the TBC reword of talent trees is where the party started. Vanilla talents were dog shit stuffed inside a bigger dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Little did I know that I was playing on a GMT +1 European server which was populated a lot by Scandinavian guys who liked playing horde so the communities/servers I played on were dominated by horde and only kids played the "pretty" allies. Half the people in my guild were actually Danish although the server was in English and everyone was speaking perfect English.
    Weirdly back then I played both factions and had the opposite opinion: that the Horde was full of edge lord kiddies wanting to be the "bad guys", teabagging low levels they ganked with the orcs and undead, and adults played the boring humans and dwarves faction, RP walking around capital cities all night instead of "playing" the game.

Turns out it's always been pretty 50/50 for general player base.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mccord View Post
    Invisibility in WoW Alpha combined with Undead still able to speak Common lead to this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/LtMfMnU.jpg
    Is that real? If so, holy shit, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    There were no target dummies in Vanilla. I guess they were added in Cataclysm.

For my "Mandala Effect", I guess I can't remember if there were shared fly master between horde and Alliance. I think there aren't but I have my doubts for Light Hope Chapel and Booty Bay.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post
    There were no target dummies in Vanilla. I guess they were added in Cataclysm.

For my "Mandala Effect", I guess I can't remember if there were shared fly master between horde and Alliance. I think there aren't but I have my doubts for Light Hope Chapel and Booty Bay.
    They were seperate. Thorium Point and Moonglade were also seperate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    In Theramore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post

Flight masters always get me a lot too. Like if there was a flight Master in Un'goro :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Playing private servers was a cruel reminder that stock ui did not offer target cast bars, or mouseover macros. Though, both can be gained via addons.

I never leveled tauren in classic. So I was surprised when I found the dog quest in mulgore was added later.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I have very little "Mandela effect" : I've a very good memory (one of the reason why the "nostalgia" argument really annoy me, as it expects I have blurry, rosy ones when I actually remember lots of it with high clarity).
    That's a bad sign, not a good one. Real memories are always blurry because you only remember the stuff your brain considers important. If you have very clear memories, it's likely your brain filled in the gaps with made up stuff.

Not always, of course. Some people lack the normal filters, although that typically leads to a bad case of sensory overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Flight masters always get me a lot too. Like if there was a flight Master in Un'goro :P
    I know there was a single camp at the northern rim, but i can't remember if it had an FP, though i don't think it did. It did have rather many Nintendo references, though.

Silithus didn't even have loot tables until it got reworked to accomodate AQ. The mobs just dropped nothing.

Stitches roaming Duskwood and killing everyone in his path.

I feel like people have a lot of "mandela" memories - they just don't realzie it yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember hunter's being able to wield [Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers] and [Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers]. Was this after our patch or even another expansion?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyalt View Post
    Stitches roaming Duskwood and killing everyone in his path.
    That was a real thing. Just not always active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    BL in classic would be so OP, because only horde would have acces to it, it's simple logic isnt it ?
    It wouldn't, as people are threatcapped as it is on Horde.
    Alliance by default has something a lot more OP than Bloodlust would be.. it's called Hand of Salvation.

Ontopic; Rogues using axes.
    Wasn't a thing until WotLK, could've sworn I saw a rogue or two with an axe back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It wouldn't, as people are threatcapped as it is on Horde.
    Alliance by default has something a lot more OP than Bloodlust would be.. it's called Hand of Salvation.
    Blessing of Salvation. Paladins putting their hands on everybody didn't come till much later.

But yes, especially for melees it was worth far more than BL would have been.

Not that it helped the poor sod who got the Ignite running and consequently ended up getting all of the aggro of the entire complement of Fire mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Blessing of Salvation. Paladins putting their hands on everybody didn't come till much later.

But yes, especially for melees it was worth far more than BL would have been.

Not that it helped the poor sod who got the Ignite running and consequently ended up getting all of the aggro of the entire complement of Fire mages.
    Oh shit yeah, I forgot they renamed everything. Always just referred to it as Salv either way, I guess I never really payed attention to the fact that it was called Blessing of Salv.

That's true, but then again, atleast he got a few more seconds out of life than the horde mage that got the Ignite stack.
    I used to have an entire folder with screenshots of various bosses giving the fist to various raiders in the guild I was in. Most of the ones from late AQ/early Naxx were mostly of me or one of the fire mages as shadowbolt crits are also massive threat magnets unfortunately.

5+ Year Old Account
    I always found the bloodlust remembrance funny, but as others have said it is mostly due to it being around since TBC.

What I remembered wrong was always thinking Restro Druids were the the best or one of the top healers.

I've been demo it in a sense and I have to say most of it seems right on the money for me with the exception of auto loot and debuff timers. Though it looks like classic will have those.