Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    herm....whats the problem again?

I need item level bruv and i only do Mythic0 and LFR...and Battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    For me it’s not quite about the disparity but about how this disparity comes about. Why are emissaries offering the same ilvl heroic BOD offers? We never had that in the past. I don’t mind having more gear sources but they shouldn’t be boosted to equal raid ilvl at any point until that raid is over.
    The people who are somehow still progressing on Heroic BoD will see this as a nice nerf to their content which is exactly what they want/need to finish the tier, because they're STILL progressing on Heroic BoD this late in the tier.

The only people that are whining are either Mythic raiders who give a fuck what people way under them get (like why? You're still out gearing them massively), or people who probably bought BoD runs that are now mad about their purchase.

Like why do you (anyone reading this, no one in particular) care that the scrubs are getting better gear? It might make your pugs that much easier.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yep. Part of what made me quit.

Shouldn't be able to get a Normal raid piece from doing 4 dailies.

The gear treadmill right now is just stupid beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Yup. I quit raiding in legion because of this problem, which is made even worse by wf/tf. and its only gotten worse since then.
    RNG Legendaries didn't break you, but THIS did? You got some weird priorities.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I remember back when Dungeon sets came out in Classic and created quite an easy stepping stone into higher-end raiding, essentially allowing a skip of a bunch of content.

Or in BC when Isle of Quel'Danas came out and a heroic dungeon was dropping previously-raid-power gear.

Or in Wrath when Argent Tournament launched with a dungeon that dropped previously-raid-power gear. Or Icecrown Citadel launching with 3 dungeons that dropped previously-raid-power gear (that many used well into the new raid itself).

Or in Cataclysm when Dragon Soul launched new dungeons that dropped previously-raid-power gear.

Or in MoP when Isle of Thunder and had gear that was previously-raid-power gear. Or Timeless Isle launched and dropped previously-raid-power gear.

Or in WoD when every new raid increased public item-level gear so that it was previously-raid-power gear.

Or in Legion when every new raid increased public item-level gear so that it was previously-raid-power gear.

Weird... It's almost like this has literally always been a mechanic in the game since even Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The worst part about this change is the fact that gearing is already so ridiculously fast that most people can get an alt to 400+ within a few weeks.

What they can't do on the other hand is catch up their neck to 48. What use is having 400 ilvl gear if it all requires 48 levels in the neck which takes like 2 months? I mean fuck, my main just hit 48 the other day and i do all of the content every week.
    You are thinking mythic. 400 Azerite needs 44 max.

m+ is the crutch that has basically ruined raiding and guilds. Why raid when every week you get a Mythic equivalent piece of loot? And you wonder why people have quit this loot pinata of a game????

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The people who are somehow still progressing on Heroic BoD will see this as a nice nerf to their content which is exactly what they want/need to finish the tier, because they're STILL progressing on Heroic BoD this late in the tier.

The only people that are whining are either Mythic raiders who give a fuck what people way under them get (like why? You're still out gearing them massively), or people who probably bought BoD runs that are now mad about their purchase.

Like why do you (anyone reading this, no one in particular) care that the scrubs are getting better gear? It might make your pugs that much easier.
    You ask why I care?

I used to raid world 10-25 from Wrath until end of MoP. Sure, I cared about world ranks but also about the items. There was an incentive to actually push for that and invest a lot of time. Now I'm not even raiding and I'm sitting there with 413 after something like 2 months after raid release. Didn't even have to try mythic. Clear heroic? Nope, too much effort and no rewards for me.

I want to have a reason to play the game a lot. Being showered with high ilvl means that 50% of the satisfaction I get from playing the game is just gone. It didn't use to be like this. It doesn't need to be like this. This just makes players worse and allienates others entirely.

I think increasing the emissary reward ilvl is fine but gear should be completely removed from WQs.

Gearing this expansion is so out of whack. Why even have LFR or Warfronts beyond mounts & xmog?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    this is why raider.io exists in the first place. To separate the scrublords with gear from people that can actually play
    This is why raider.io needs to go, because a healthy and thriving game needs to encourage people to help new players. The game doesn't need selfish efficiency whores who play purely to improve their own character, stand on the backs of others' work, and put others down.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Weird... It's almost like this has literally always been a mechanic in the game since even Classic.
    Yeah, funny how there were catch up mechanics. You need to keep in mind that BoD is CURRENT content. Crucible of Storms has 2 bosses with 3 items on average for each class. The next 8 boss raid is at least 2-3 months away. Crucible is not an entire raidtier.

btw the ICC 5 mans invalidated ulduar 10 man hardmodes. Not the previous content. Didn't bother fact checking the rest of your claims.
    Last edited by kubaje; 2019-04-20 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Why even have LFR or Warfronts beyond mounts & xmog?
    LFR has always mostly just been a way for casuals to see content, not as a serious method for gearing up. As to why we have warfronts, no clue. It's terribly boring, long and tedious. We want our loot pinatas to be short and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is why raider.io needs to go, because a healthy and thriving game needs to encourage people to help new players. The game doesn't need selfish efficiency whores who play purely to improve their own character, stand on the backs of others' work, and put others down.
    raider io exist because most players unfortunately have no motivation or desire to improve their skills and removing raider io wouldn't fix that.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    m+ is the crutch that has basically ruined raiding and guilds. Why raid when every week you get a Mythic equivalent piece of loot? And you wonder why people have quit this loot pinata of a game????
    It was even WORSE in Wildstar, where you could raid (which had very high requirements and was very tough) for hours and hours and get decent gear. Or you could take half your raid group, enter a rated battleground, and get vastly BETTER gear in no time at all. Raiding effectively died. BfA is shocking close to that bad model, its just that the azerite armor is needed and is from raids. You are raiding for azerite armor.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    LFR has always mostly just been a way for casuals to see content, not as a serious method for gearing up. As to why we have warfronts, no clue. It's terribly boring, long and tedious. We want our loot pinatas to be short and to the point.
    I came back to the game after almost a 2 year layoff. Played one warfront and Im already thinking about leaving again, what an absurdly boring, long and pointless crap that is.

It was even WORSE in Wildstar, where you could raid (which had very high requirements and was very tough) for hours and hours and get decent gear. Or you could take half your raid group, enter a rated battleground, and get vastly BETTER gear in no time at all. Raiding effectively died. BfA is shocking close to that bad model, its just that the azerite armor is needed and is from raids. You are raiding for azerite armor.
    Not realy, again I came back after an almost 2 year layoff and I got to ilevel 407 in 2 weaks, including a 420 Azerite peace I got with Titan Dust and another I got from the first mythic boss of Dazaralor wich is just a glorified loot box. I´m from a time where pl used to compare bosses with either the lootship (second boss of icecrown Citadel) or Morchok, whenever a boss was absurdly easy ppl would say "its the lootship again" or " its Morchok easy", but honestly saying the first boss in Dazaralor is "Morchok easy" is an insult to Morchok, Champions of the Light is the easiest crap ever invented by Blizzard, no skill they use even deals damage .
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2019-04-20 at 04:56 PM.

The last thing that's going to fix that is removing raider.io

No one is going to just start to help people just because they can't tell how good they are.
    All they're going to do is add the extra step of going on the person's armory to look at their dungeon runs for M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    raider io exist because most players unfortunately have no motivation or desire to improve their skills and removing raider io wouldn't fix that.
    Once you develop some expertise at an MMO, its kinda your job to pass on what you learned and help the next group coming up. If you aren't doing that, you become a cancer to the game and it would be better if you just left and played something else like a single player crawler or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't see how it's possible for scrubs to hit 410-420 in current content. So I call BS. But it's also hard to call total BS, since the abomination of Titanforging and Warforging are in the game.

So truce.
    anybody can farm +10, add a slight luck to it and you'll have an absolutely clueless guy having 415-417 ilvl within a week, thanks to titanforging

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any issue with this at all, makes it a bit easier for people to gear alts to get into raids etc I have many chars that hover around 390 ilvl that are "stuck" unless I farm m+ (Which I won't do, sub 10 keys are not worth the hassle) and realistically you can't get into HC BoD sub 400 ilvl (granted I get into a couple with less thanks to my shiny mythic achieve) so I for one welcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The last thing that's going to fix that is removing raider.io

No one is going to just start to help people just because they can't tell how good they are.
    All they're going to do is add the extra step of going on the person's armory to look at their dungeon runs for M+.
    I ALLLL for sticking "service requirements" on loot. Like, you are required to help newbies for x amount of time or runs and if you fail the requirement, no loot for you next week at ALL. Punish the ever living HELL out of raider.io scum until they stop using it.