Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That's exactly the point. Just because people play tons of WQs doesn't mean they're having fun. Using your logic, one could say that leveling is the most fun content in the game because everyone does it and they spend lots of time doing it. You're completely disregarding other reasons as to why people would play these types of content.
    Hell, everyone has to level but most people would, and have, pay to bypass it. WQs are not "fun" in the same way daily quests were not "fun" they are a chore, a means to and end.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hell, everyone has to level but most people would, and have, pay to bypass it. WQs are not "fun" in the same way daily quests were not "fun" they are a chore, a means to and end.
    going by this logic nothign in this game is fun :0 and yet somehow this game exists and is one of top mmorpgs in world regardless of its age (beaten only be 1 or 2 asian p2w games atm )

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    going by this logic nothign in this game is fun :0 and yet somehow this game exists and is one of top mmorpgs in world regardless of its age (beaten only be 1 or 2 asian p2w games atm )
    Sorry dude but wow is no longer top mmorpg in the world. Maybe when classic will come out but now it is more dead than any other mmo on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    The game was also it's most popular when it didn't cater to casuals left and right.

Before LFG, before LFR, when you actually had to talk to be people to group.

10+ Year Old Account
    So normal and LFR BoD don't even need to exist. Hell not even normal crucible needs to be done anymore. Why are the item levels of content that is supposed to get you ready for harder content letting you skip said content? This is why people are quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    So normal and LFR BoD don't even need to exist. Hell not even normal crucible needs to be done anymore. Why are the item levels of content that is supposed to get you ready for harder content letting you skip said content? This is why people are quitting.
    Maybe Blizzard is preparing to remove normal and LFR raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't see how it's possible for scrubs to hit 410-420 in current content. So I call BS. But it's also hard to call total BS, since the abomination of Titanforging and Warforging are in the game.

So truce.
    It's not hard to get to 410. I play EXTREMELY casually (havent logged on in 3 weeks due to work) and iam sitting at 400. All I ever did in the past was a singular 10, wq and ie. My only progression in current raid is till rastakhan on normal, first boss on heroic. Many times even missing the singular 10 per week or not getting any meaningful upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, this system helps ppl like me the most but I think it's kind of telling that I was play so little and so sporadically and be at 400, I'm sure with a tiny bit more work I'd hit 410. Tiny bit being like doing more than 1 mythic 10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Not even sure why normal needs to exist at this point.
    Honestly it should be more, why does CoS need a higher level. Just make the rewards unique as they already are. Like wierd trinkets or equip items. Like gruuls lair in BC. We know everyone slogged through it for the trinket and the tier piece. If it didn't have the ilevel increase then this change wouldnt be required
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    It's not hard to get to 410. I play EXTREMELY casually (havent logged on in 3 weeks due to work) and iam sitting at 400. All I ever did in the past was a singular 10, wq and ie. My only progression in current raid is till rastakhan on normal, first boss on heroic. Many times even missing the singular 10 per week or not getting any meaningful upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, this system helps ppl like me the most but I think it's kind of telling that I was play so little and so sporadically and be at 400, I'm sure with a tiny bit more work I'd hit 410. Tiny bit being like doing more than 1 mythic 10
    Except there's two issues with that.

First off, an M+10 isn't exactly "easy". Maybe to a player like you and I, sure it's quick and simple to fit in.

But consider how far your average player will get in those. Hell, go check guilds with casual players and see how many M+10s they've done. I'm sure you'll quickly see a lot seem to just drop off near the 6-8 range.

Second off, an M+10 itself only drops 400, and you have to hope that it actually titanforges or warforges higher, which isn't extremely common like people want to think. Which also includes that weapons at most can only go up to 410 from M+, and M+ can't drop azerite gear.

Hitting 400 isn't difficult with effort. Getting to 410 isn't as easy as you think. And you can't really claim it is if you haven't even reached there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Maybe Blizzard is preparing to remove normal and LFR raiding.
    At this point this is the only logical conclusion.

Right now this game seems to mainly cater towards M+ fanatics, Mythic raiders and "i don't want to group up with other people at all" crowd.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Today in "the total disconnect of mythic raiders from reality."

Keeping non-raiders playing by giving them new rewards to work toward in conjecture with new rewards for raiders is a terrible thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Becouse when people see they can get same rewards doing trivial content they quit doing harder content = they quit. They stop being invested in guilds = they quit. They stop being invested in the game = they quit.
    it's funny because i notice something different...most people who raid and do harder content tend to quit...while the casuals just move on to another class to get up to gear and keep cycling til they're done with their alts. The casual players tend to be around longer than the raiders nowadays...at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Today in "the total disconnect of mythic raiders from reality."

Keeping non-raiders playing by giving them new rewards to work toward in conjecture with new rewards for raiders is a terrible thing.
    You know what is funny? Core casual audience actualy quiting becouse of this broken gearing system. It doesnt make them play more it makes them quit. People what like this system are not majority.

You know what is funny? Core casual audience actualy quiting becouse of this broken gearing system. It doesnt make them play more it makes them quit. People what like this system are not majority.
    That's a mighty claim there for no supporting evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    it's funny because i notice something different...most people who raid and do harder content tend to quit...while the casuals just move on to another class to get up to gear and keep cycling til they're done with their alts. The casual players tend to be around longer than the raiders nowadays...at least in my experience.
    No they dont. In moment they spot all their work being invalidated by some artificial itemlvl bumb what wasnt neded to be there at all those people will stop caring about gear progression. Whats the point gearing anything when it will be invalidated by something what actualy isnt even catch up. It is straught up used as progression what destroy everything you did in previous weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's a mighty claim there for no supporting evidence.
    Same can be said your claim. But so far if oyu didnt notice game is complete ghost town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Well, if you raided mythic, you did that to have a 10-15 ilvl advantage over people who are now getting their welfare items.
    According to Blizzard 30 ilvl difference are a significant increase in Power and 15 not being enough, which means people are spending around 12 hours of pure raiding time (+ the time it takes to farm gold/consumables for mythic raiding), only to have an insignificant advantage over those who barely play the game.
    Well that is why you don't raid for the purplz.
    You raid because you like your team and find tackling challenges fun.
    Gear is merely a tool you need to be ready for the next boss and, if it looks good (rare in recent years) that's a nice bonus.

At least, that's how I always saw it during my 8.5 years of raiding. makes loot drama rather hilarious to watch.

BTW: the welfare guys get the gear MONTHS after you, so it's okay.

Same can be said your claim. But so far if oyu didnt notice game is complete ghost town.
    What claim of mine?

I never said anything about "people are doing this!".

And the game isn't a complete ghost town unless you play on a dead server. I see people all the time doing world quests, in hubs, wandering around, leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Gear is merely a tool you need to be ready for the next boss and, if it looks good (rare in recent years) that's a nice bonus.

At least, that's how I always saw it during my 8.5 years of raiding. makes loot drama rather hilarious to watch.
    Cool than you should also do world Q beocuse they are fun. Same for dungeons and everything in the game. You should do it becouse it is fun no becouse it offers reward. So by your logic wow should not have any gear rewards at all we should all playing wow becouse it is fun. Imagine wow havinhg no gear rewards. Game would die on day 1. I think you dont get getting gear and progress your character is fun challenge is just part of experience never goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

BTW: the welfare guys get the gear MONTHS after you, so it's okay.
    It's an RPG, the major part of an RPG is gearing and making your character better, so yea, of course I raided, for 14 years, "for the purplz"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...never in the history of the game?

Except when everything is reset the moment a new x-pac hits...but that ofc is fine because it is something different?

Look..I get it that it hurts your feelings. So in the end..let's accept that you do all your mythic content for what y'all claimed you would do it: The fun of the challenge of overcoming impossible odds.

Or was it for the LootZ and standing in Orgrimmar and have people fawn over your amazing Ge4rZ all along?

...and ofc if people need a more serious reply...then there is this
    So you telling us resetes every 2y with new expansion is same thing as resets every 3 months? Dude you comparisons are priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool than you should also do world Q beocuse they are fun. Same for dungeons and everything in the game. You should do it becouse it is fun no becouse it offers reward.
    I did. And when it stopped being fun and started becoming a grind I let the account lapse.
    My time is too valuable to slave away in a friggin videogame doing stuff I don't take pleasure in.

That's the main reason why I will only reactivate close to the prepatch to see the story developments. Screw grinding ever increasing numbers, since I no longer raid (burned out after the years) I see -0- point to the whole progression shabang, to be honest.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-04-20 at 08:34 PM.