Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's MoP 2.0 with plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I kinda think Blizzard has run out of ideas for the story and needs to recycle stuff for the story to keep going.
    They would had resurrected Arthas, Kael just like they did Garrosh and Illidan if that was the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The issue with the tool of the "plot twist" is that it needs to be well-executed to provoke an audience payoff - if BfA is all about that 11th hour plot twist and they don't succeed in its execution then BfA is going to go down the drown in short order. I've never been a fan of plot twists for this reason, it is so rare to see one successfully pulled off.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that during MoP we had a "What is the Horde" plot.
    Where Vol'jin represented the ideals of how the modern Horde came to be: Watch each other's backs to carve a place to live, bound by battle.
    While Garrosh represented the 'Orc conqueror' and the mentality of taking everything.

After that, we already have a Horde definition.
    But now, we have to question it once again since people follow Warchief like blind sheep.
    Hell, even Pandaren are somehow ok with the war as I have not seen Ji opposing it

Makes me wonder what was the point of Pandaria since the lesson was not learned and is now repeating itself despite having a Civil War for these exact same reasons like... What was it? 3 or 4 Years ago in the timeline?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Varian Wrynn: If your Horde fails to uphold honor, as Garrosh did...
    Varian pulls Shalamayne out of the floor and turns back to Vol'jin, his tone a fair warning.
    Varian Wrynn: We will end you.

That one moment the Alliance looked tough.... and they can't even stick true to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Nazjatar is like ToT, Bob is pacting “peace” again with the Alliance (Jaina) and wait for Saurfang’s revolution to take heat.

Thrall, Saurfang and Baine. BFA
    Thrall, Vol’jin and Baine. MoP

Save Baine,Kil Sunreaversl (8.2)BFA
    Save Vol'jin,Kill Orc Soldiers(The Horde is family quest line).MoP

BfA resembles so much to the plot of Mists of Pandaria, that Blizzard should be ashamed of this.

bad writing!!! I said it since BFA started!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Well done, you noticed. No one has ever made this comparison before!

At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    “Your expectations were subverted therefore we are good writers”
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The worst part is Azshara's story had to take a backseat to this shit when any expansion she was featured in should have carried the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't really think the Horde is in the worse position here. The Alliance being forced to forgive and forget is even less palatable.
    Both factions suffer from profoundly bad writing that at this point I legitimately do not care who wins. You would think that Blizzard, a company with a large budget, could hire some better writers to properly write the lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The issue with the tool of the "plot twist" is that it needs to be well-executed to provoke an audience payoff - if BfA is all about that 11th hour plot twist and they don't succeed in its execution then BfA is going to go down the drown in short order. I've never been a fan of plot twists for this reason, it is so rare to see one successfully pulled off.
    Pretty much.

And I have little faith in the Blizzard writers to actually create a believable plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I never understood how some people are okay to live with themselves after spouting out a complete lie in an attempt to make it a fact.

BFA, does not resemble MoP in so many ways.
    Edit: Image is too big, I'm gonna use the link

https://i.imgur.com/A84YIQU.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Shyamalan got one plot twist right then made a career of failing to replicate the same narrative trope. It's just not something people should try to do.
    I think it's a fine cinematic trick for an already experienced and accomplished auteur, but it is definitely not something one should try to make a recurring thing (or build their career around). Like most art it is almost an accident when it is accomplished - the perfect confluence of plot, character, and audience buy-in. Odds are low it will be successful even if you are a skilled writer or director.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Except MoP ended with fighting/dethroning the mad Warchief. We already know BFA is ending with N'Zoth. Sylvanas will probably abandon her role as warchief, but she will continue into the next expansion, much similar to Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it's a fine cinematic trick for an already experienced and accomplished auteur, but it is definitely not something one should try to make a recurring thing (or build their career around). Like most art it is almost an accident when it is accomplished - the perfect confluence of plot, character, and audience buy-in. Odds are low it will be successful even if you are a skilled writer or director.
    And then we have *some* writing masterminds announce it in advance, defeating the main purpose of a twist. Unless the twist is again that there's actually no twist at all!

So like Garrosh was there in WoD.
    Plot twist, this time the old god does not get absorbed by the warchief but the warchief gets absorbed by the old god

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    At this point, it's so closely mirrored that it just has to be intentional, which probably means we're in for some sort of stupid twist like "Hah! Gotcha! You thought it was Mists 2.0 but thiiiis time Sylvanas is the one in the right! Take that!"
    That's pretty much exactly what I am expecting. They have to write themselves out of the ridiculous corner they got themselves into with the burning of Teldrassil* so it's going to have to be something like "I saw old gods in the trees but I'm too good to tell you, you should just obey!" Which is lame as hell, but I don't see a lot of other alternatives.

* I have no problem with burning it per se. If she had said "hey, let's go burn Teldrassil!" I would have been all-in. But what she said is that the Alliance are going to attack us, we have to attack first and end the threat before it begins. Then she burns the tree--apparently because a night elf pissed her off, it appears from the cincematic--and then turns to you and says "they're coming for us now!" Completely invalidating the entire reason she said we were there. That I have a problem with.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As a Horde player I’ve quit.

I’m not going through this shit again. 8.2 made it obvious that our choices are meaningless. I refuse to kill Sunreavers for Jaina. I don’t care if Bob or Sylvanas orders me to. Fuck it.

If 8.2 launches with the War Campaign in this state I’m uninstalling the game for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot View Post
    I'm still waiting for the big twist, because they said Sylvanas would not be Garrosh.
    Well, Garry was killed in a duel by Thrall. Maybe we can have ouselves a proper execution this time around...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Varian Wrynn: If your Horde fails to uphold honor, as Garrosh did...
    Varian pulls Shalamayne out of the floor and turns back to Vol'jin, his tone a fair warning.
    Varian Wrynn: We will end you.

That one moment the Alliance looked tough.... and they can't even stick true to it.
    Exactly. This is the worst part for me as an Alliance and nelf player. Idk what the Horde is even crying about. They can commit genocide all they want and get off scott free while Alliance doesn#t even get the slightest bit of revenge and are just abused as punching bags for the Horde story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Exactly. This is the worst part for me as an Alliance and nelf player. Idk what the Horde is even crying about. They can commit genocide all they want and get off scott free while Alliance doesn#t even get the slightest bit of revenge and are just abused as punching bags for the Horde story.
    A lot of people feel like that. While I don't think that the Alliance will end the Horde, Nelfs might still see revenge but... I will not hold my breath though.

MoP was worse. Sylvanas is just a stupid whore with nothing more than tits going on for her. Garrosh was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-04-22 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction