Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Making Sylvanas evil would be the worst possible way to end this story. If she is redeemed or her actions are at least justified, it will help mend the wounds created by the conflict. Otherwise there will always be this weird split within the Horde of who sided with Sylvanas vs. who sided against her.
    No fucking redeeming he ris what made this whole thing fucking retarted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Gag me with a spoon. Why did they change the text to this? They'd better not make him the Warchief. I'm not a Baine hater, but holy shit, he is the wrong choice. Just like Anduin should not be in charge of the ENTIRE Alliance, but is a fine leader of humanity.
    Maybe Lor'themar means it mor ein terms of ideals and not leading ability?

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    shes gonna betray the horde and use it as a stepping stone to become an evil god

its literally the only way to reconcile the sylvanas loyalist path with the saurfang path. shes gonna betray the player at the end and become a god and you will be forced to side with saurfang and thrall who take you in because sylvanas betrayed you and you definitely want revenge they're pretty sure
    This 1000%. The idea of "god" is debatable, but The Sylvanas loyalist side of things is entirely based on "loyalty above all" to an arguably unhealthy level. That mindset absolutely turns to red hot vengeance (I mean, see the forsaken since day one) the moment its loyalty is invalidated and betrayed. At that point it's "enemy of my enemy" with team Saurfang.

I'm sure some "loyalist players" will be crying "THIS IS DUUUMB" all throughout, but you can't argue the validity of the in-character motivation. I mean, all they gotta do is turn Nathanos into the voice of this direction and boom, it all links up.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-04-24 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

I'm not sure what to think, i don't want Sylvanas to end up as a "I'LL CONSUME THE WORLD WIHT MY POWER" kind of evil, nor i want her to get a silly "redemption arc", i mean... she's not good in any way or form, but she doesn't have to be silly evil

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Sylvanas has allied with Xal'atath and N'zoth. She will become part of the Black Empire.
    The filthy alliance scum Alleria is already part of the black empire when she aligned herself with the Void, Sylvanas is going to imprison her within the prison dagger and save us all. Long live the Horde, Lok'tar Ogar!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They're not going to *make* Sylvanas evil - Sylvanas simply is evil at the end of the day. She's been evil since Arthas turned her into a banshee, beings that are themselves driven by rage, despair, and hatred. There is some traceries of what Sylvanas was in life left to her, but they're just glints - like flashes of sunlight off the surface of what is otherwise a pestilential sea-sized swamp.
    She was "evil" but "evil" within reason. Her brand of "evil" could coexist with the Horde without tearing it apart. But Blizzard decided to ham it up in BfA for no apparent reason other than to show that the Horde are savages who need to be educated about honor by Anduin. Instead of making Sylvanas uberevil, they could've made the Alliance actually morally grey and had the war based off that instead of Sylvanas' uberevil.

She was "evil" but "evil" within reason. Her brand of "evil" could coexist with the Horde without tearing it apart. But Blizzard decided to ham it up in BfA for no apparent reason other than to show that the Horde are savages who need to be educated about honor by Anduin. Instead of making Sylvanas uberevil, they could've made the Alliance actually morally grey and had the war based off that instead of Sylvanas' uberevil.
    Evil is evil. It will benefit you only while you are useful. Sylvanas is that, she allied with the Horde for convenience, did tons of shady stuff, and then was given power over the Horde. Do you really expected her to use power wisely? She serves herself just as always. Her people are just a shield for her well-being. So is the Horde.
    Whatever...

Her endgame is to kill WoW with this shitty expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her game will be revealed in the next expansion. We will only fight N'zoth in BfA. Sylvanas will profit from this fight, she will profit from azerite in some way (probably feed necklace or something like that) and will become some goddess of death or something like that and that will be the theme of the next expansion.

The Horde is a means to her, not an end. Pre-war she made plans to please her subject races so that they would keep being her shield. But if the Void/Old Gods offer a better shield, or if she believes she can siphon phenomenal cosmic power out of N'zoth or whatever, she'll ditch the Horde without a second thought, and that has literally always been her character. She killed herself after Arthas died with no regards for the future of her subjects after all, only "caring" for them as arrows in her quiver afterwards in her quest to avoid what was coming to her.

Simply put, Sylvanas was always evil and always selfish to an extreme. That was fine in Classic-Wrath where she was more in the background, less fine but still marginally tolerable from Cata onwards where she stopped bothering to even try to hide her villainy, and made the character jump the shark in BfA because a selfish asshole with no real loyalty to the faction she's in charge of is no leadership material in what is essentially a PG-13 story where good always triumphs over evil.

N’Zoth/the Void is frightened of her. Whatever she is doing is bad for him/it.
    It could be, and certainly seems to be, bad for everyone else too.

Im beginning wonder if they’re planning on letting her Arthas parallels continue all the way to his end-goal of wanting to kill/raise all life in service of defeating the world’s enemies. Great way to get everyone dead is have them kill each other in a faction war.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-04-24 at 08:26 PM.

The only endgame waiting for her is face first kissing the floor wondering what went wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    shes gonna betray the horde and use it as a stepping stone to become an evil god

its literally the only way to reconcile the sylvanas loyalist path with the saurfang path. shes gonna betray the player at the end and become a god and you will be forced to side with saurfang and thrall who take you in because sylvanas betrayed you and you definitely want revenge they're pretty sure
    My horde waifu an EVIL god wtf you making it sound like she's Blix Darkblaze.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I didn't sign up to become a victim of bad writing when I sided with her. No, thanks.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I didn't sign up to become a victim of bad writing when I sided with her. No, thanks.
    You signed up for it when you started to care about the story.

She is going to go to far get booted as Warchief and try and Take Bolvirs throne

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Clearly not because even in ''A Good War'', she knew that the Horde wouldn't trust her to lead a war on ''thier terms'' hence employing Saurfang. In the same novel she hinted at expecting other entities to turn against her at some point. And how would we know?

Blizzard isn't bothering to explain it at all, all it does show is that she isn't really losing, she's basically buying time to enact whatever it is, she already knows that half the Horde is against her, how much do you want to bet that when they move to Org to unseat her, she won't be there in the patch?

That's not clever from Blizzard at all, and would only serve to make the choice completely meaningless.
    Blizzard hasn't been clever in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    You signed up for it when you started to care about the story.
    I am a believer! We can't get Garrosh 2.0 in a skirt, right? We just can't.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

It'll probably end up something tacky.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I am a believer! We can't get Garrosh 2.0 in a skirt, right? We just can't.
    Joke's on you, she's wearing pants, not unlike Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I see it more as Sylvanas being Sylvanas, really. Her becoming the Warchief simply gave her more power to do what she wanted to do in the first place - and the entire plan of the War of Thorns and the Blood War have been designed since day one to serve her ends. Sylvanas shared her agenda with us in "Before the Storm," namely the creation of innumerable Forsaken by destroying Stormwind and raising its Human populace into undeath. She sold the War of Thorns as a fight to preserve the Horde from the already-hostile Alliance, but she has little to no care about the future of the Horde beyond the end goal of emptying Stormwind and finally having enough Forsaken for her to feel secure from the specter of true death. The moral relativity present here is in the fact that she's not necessarily wrong about the Alliance - Anduin wants peace but he doesn't rule alone and there are other powers who won't rest until the Horde is no longer any form of threat. But there's no altruism in Sylvanas' argument, and if push came to shove she'd sail the Horde down the river to secure her own legacy and ensure the perpetuity of her unlife.

Just as Garrosh led the Horde for the purpose of his own self-aggrandizement, Sylvanas leads the Horde for the purpose of her own immortality. All else is a of distant and secondary concern.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead