Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raider Io is worthless now

With all the sales of mythic+ clears going on anyone can have a high io score.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post

Except you can still see how many times they've actually cleared m+ dungeons
    You can buy a run for every single dungeon and it's still piss easy to filter boost buyers out

It's always been worthless for people unable to apply any critical thinking skills. So yeah, if you can't tell the difference between a player who just pays for boosts and a player who legitimately runs keys high enough for raider.io to matter then forming WoW groups is the least of your problems to be honest.

We had the same in LEGION, players will just start to filter out high r.io ranked players with low amount of dungeon's done (vulcanic pusher/r.io buyer).
    It happens after each vulcanic week, when PUGs get burned with bad players, they will just filter more.

The system works out really good for casual players and it burns r.io pushers pretty good. A win win in my eyes.
    -

I just want to hover my mouse over the name and know everything with the number. Pro gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I just want to hover my mouse over the name and know everything with the number. Pro gamer.
    what number ?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have sold runs for achievements or whatever the flavour-of-the-month "score" is since as long as the game has existed. Folks just need to be smart when they look people up and be able to discern the difference between a person who has dozens and dozens of timed runs and the guy who magically has one 10+ of everything and nothing else.

I realise players want to boil pugging down to something simple like spending half a second glancing at a gearscore or ilvl or raider.io number and magically finding quality, but it's always been necessary to actually look in a bit of detail at things if you want to be safe.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what number ?
    Raider io number.

Before you get to worked up..

/s

it tends to be less of an issue if you just quit the game, been working out great for more people than ever before!

Right. Nothing wrong with the logic of assuming everyone in pugs bought their raider.io score. Nope nothing wrong with that at all. Although, I will say this level of logic is definitely inline with normal anti-raider.io posts.

Just join to a good guild to do runs. I got into one that even help me to level my poor level 2 key to level 10. Also Pugs are horrible most of the time, mostly because no one wants to use discord or any app to talk to each other
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-04-26 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Sales imho not even worth it anymore you can get easy ilvl 395 base gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Sales imho not even worth it anymore you can get easy ilvl 395 base gear.
    I don't think that people who buy the boost runs, care about current gearing methods or the game at all. Either they got to much gold and don't play anything else but the AuctionHouse or they are plain stupid (NOOB) and asked the wrong person the question "how to get gear?".

I have a really hard time understanding players actually playing the game casually and still buying boost runs for r.io rating. There is no gain in r.io boosting for the weekly-10 and if you dont have time or the skillset for higher keys, there is nothing to gain from higher r.io rating at all.
    -

It was never really worth anything in the first place. Just because someone has a number from an addon doesn't mean they are good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    People have sold runs for achievements or whatever the flavour-of-the-month "score" is since as long as the game has existed. Folks just need to be smart when they look people up and be able to discern the difference between a person who has dozens and dozens of timed runs and the guy who magically has one 10+ of everything and nothing else.

I realise players want to boil pugging down to something simple like spending half a second glancing at a gearscore or ilvl or raider.io number and magically finding quality, but it's always been necessary to actually look in a bit of detail at things if you want to be safe.
    Yeah I think it is kinda stupid compare current boosts with old ones becouse in past you couldnt buy gold from Blizzard for real money. You actualy had to make gold by yourself or buy it from farmers which would get you banned. Game has become pretty much pay to win as you can buy gold for real money and with gold you can buy w/e you want in the game including boss kills.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-04-26 at 02:22 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I couldn't care less about those r.io worshippers. If I ever return to BfA, I will try to find a comfy guild to run stuff with - that's what matters most in MMOs. I'd definitely cut my left nut if I had to go through all the r.io toxicity on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh I couldn't care less about those r.io worshippers. If I ever return to BfA, I will try to find a comfy guild to run stuff with - that's what matters most in MMOs. I'd definitely cut my left nut if I had to go through all the r.io toxicity on a regular basis.
    Pretty much. I just do guild runs each week for the weekly and run 10-12 keys. We occasionally pick up pugs to fill gaps and don't bother looking for .io scores.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yeah I think it is kinda stupid compare current boosts with old ones becouse in past you couldnt buy gold from Blizzard for real money. You actualy had to make gold by yourself or buy it from farmers which would get you banned. Game has become pretty much pay to win as you can buy gold for real money and with gold you can buy w/e you want in the game including boss kills.
    truth spoken.

especially raids.

ever tried to get into a jaina (or any other AotC) hc pug group ? this practically forces you to buy a sell run, so you can link thst idiotic achvmnt that these pug groups idiots wanna see. just to be part of a complete idiots group, wiping at 70% boss life.

never paid for a a sell run and never will. but i also never will do AotC in pugs again, like i did with archimonde hc, because this is the stuff that drives me away from this game after 14 years.

Classic is coming out in a few months, so mythic+ is like Cabbage Patch dolls. Cute, yet forgettable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post

Gearscore, iLevel, Raider.IO.... they have all been worthless from day 1..

You CANNOT meassure a persons skill, based on his gear. Never have been able to, never will.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/