Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I really don't know how a person that spent a few years of her life training, could so easily defeat a guy with supernatural powers and senses that is preparing himself for that moment for more than thousands years. Is also worthy being said that she is very furtive, but she's not invisible, so passing through a horde of wights is not something in her skillset.

I am really hoping to see, in the next episodes, more details about her kill. Until then, i'll remain with my stance that the last minutes of the last episode completely destroyed what was being built since the first scene, of the first episode, of the first season of the show.

The so feared "Winter", "The Long Night", was just pathetically destroyed by a girl that just lost her virginity, only because she trained for 7 years. Come on !
    NK was always going to die in single combat with an opponent welding a Vsteel blade or he was going to actually win. I have no issue with one of the top killers in the realm having that honor.

I do agree that the whole "Winter is Coming" for 7 seasons for it to be wrapped up 3 eps in is lame AF. From Ep1 Scene 1 the Walkers WERE the threat, their quick dispatching is a disservice to the lore. Personally they should have gotten fucked hard at WF, had to retreat south with a band 1k deep, Meet with an envoy of KL to say, "Hey, umm so that whole AotD thing, Yeh they won, we are ALL thats left of the north", Then the south bands together and fights the big fight.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I might have missed it, but what exactly did Bran's ravens do?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    How I come across may appear pompous but I rather be that than waste 40 minutes of my life looking at people screaming and executing poor maneuvers with enlarged swords.

Nobody thought of using a small sword like the Rudis, hm? It's these little things that my big ol' brain can pick up on while plebs like yoruself drool over a nipple and terrible strategies.
    There have been multiple battles like this, that you claim to hate, yet you're still watching. In fact the whole show is based on concepts you're complaining about and yet, you're still watching. So which one of us is the pleb, the one enjoying what they are watching or the one watching something they claim not to enjoy? Seems pretty fucking dumb to keep watching something you dislike.

Not only that, you then waste more of your time coming in to disagree and insult people for enjoying something you don't enjoy but watch anyway. I think that big ol' brain of yours isn't quite as big as you think.

Also the link wasn't about being pompous, it was about being dumb. It seems even The Simpsons was too intricate for you to understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    pooped on the wights.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It wasn't dragon glass, it was Valyrian steel. Her spear doesn't "split in two", it broke. Christ do you even watch this show? It's like you're only here to be like "My brain is so big time to go show off to the ignorant plebs how super smart I am".
    As much as Weeps is a moron, they are correct the spear split in two. That's why she got Gendry to design it, as she needed one that would split in two so she could fight in the smaller corridors.

Although that was only explained properly in the BTS they released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Sure, if they explained it or showed a scene, setup, anything. Nope, nothing. Just lol here i am dead.
    Again I think this was a design choice. Spoil the surprise with an explanation or keep the surprise but have no explanation. Personally I can live with their choice. It requires suspending belief a bit but this is GoT, belief went out the window pretty quickly in the first series.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Pretty sad to think that Walder Frey killed so many major characters in like 10 minutes, while the Night King couldn't do any in an hour.
    Shit, this made me laugh.

Hi all,

I've just renewed my MMO account after years of lurking to reply to this person. A Rudis is a wooden sword that was gifted to a slave (usually a gladiator) after they had been granted manumission - or freed from slavery. The Rudis was a physical manifestation of the slave not using their weapon for killing and represented their freedom. This poster is trying to come across as educated in terms of arms, and I guess he is referring to the Pugio, the Roman military dagger. So just to shoot this person down after refuting all other posts, I agree with their initial suggestion about using a smaller bladed weapon, but a Rudis would be totally impractical for what they suggest.

Go Birds!!

Edit: Don't know how to tag someone, but @Weeps for this.

Edit 2: This is about ancient Rome.
    Last edited by kieraTM; 2019-04-29 at 11:48 PM.

This episode and episode 4 are just Bran's visions of the future which have been manipulated by the NK because he was able to touch Bran.
    Bran will now think he knows how to go about defeating the NK, not realizing the NK manipulated the vision. The NK will now
    counter the plan he planted in Bran's brain and kill everyone in Winterfell.

Disclaimer- I only thought about this for about 2 seconds so feel free to poke holes in everything I just wrote! I don't even know if Bran can
    see the future or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The ravens lured the Night King to Bran. Bran being the Night Kings target. Bran AKA "3 eyed raven". The Night King bit, he was all smug and shit, then Arrya jumped on him like a little monkey.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Don`t take it that serious. The above was a pamphlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    The ravens lured the Night King to Bran. Bran being the Night Kings target. Bran AKA "3 eyed raven". The Night King bit, he was all smug and shit, then Arrya jumped on him like a little monkey.
    The Night King already knows where Bran is. So that would be entirely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I thought the Dothraki charge was retarded. Everything else was fine. Well aside from the artistic angle of making everything so fucking dark through hall of the episode. I was so happy when the Dothraki swords were lit on fire, the dragons lit the battlefield on fire and the trench was lit on fire lol.

There was obviously going to be some deaths in this episode (we got them), and it's pretty obvious that plenty characters were going to live through this. There are two wars at play with plenty of plot left to cover in the last 4 hours of the series. Looking back there was so much foreshadowing and subtle hints about what Arya was about to accomplish, and I'm certainly okay with it. I'm not really sure how she got past everything, unless she was already in the that area prior to the NK even arriving (which could have been possible, as he didn't arrive until scenes later, and we aren't sure how much time passed). I was just happy that it wasn't Jon that ended the NK. I do however hope that Arya isn't the one to end Cersei as well.

Some cliche things are going to happen in series like this, and you just can't have every single built up character die just to subvert expectations. Some people wanted the NK to end by Jon's hands, which would have been the most predictable thing ever (and what I expected).

Zombies are cool and shit, but at least the ending of GoT is going to be centered around King's Landing again, which is the part of the story I liked the most anyway.
    Ye using light cavalry with freaking swords to charge lol you use heavy cav for that, light cav have always been used for skirmishing and reconnaissance not to charge and certainly not with swords, and charge a enemy head on that have no morale? yeah suicide big time, dont they have some strategists or historians working on this show.

Then if i remember right the Dothraki is supposed to be amazing horse archer i guess they are based on the mongols, yet lets charge 20.000 or how many they where light cav into them so they raise 20k new dead fodder, it just makes no sense at all unless they thought the Dothraki would straight up win with that charge.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-04-30 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    As much as Weeps is a moron, they are correct the spear split in two. That's why she got Gendry to design it, as she needed one that would split in two so she could fight in the smaller corridors.

Although that was only explained properly in the BTS they released.

- - - Updated - - -

Again I think this was a design choice. Spoil the surprise with an explanation or keep the surprise but have no explanation. Personally I can live with their choice. It requires suspending belief a bit but this is GoT, belief went out the window pretty quickly in the first series.
    They did a really poor job on her design schematic then. It legit just looks like she was trying to tell Gendry how to attach a spear point.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    They did a really poor job on her design schematic then. It legit just looks like she was trying to tell Gendry how to attach a spear point.
    Yeah but I suppose if you think about it it makes sense, otherwise she was just asking for a spear in which case, why would Gendry have asked "why do you want something like this?" or w/e it was he said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I liked the episode allot, though i did also find it silly that so many "hero" characters magically lived through that slaughter, especially in a show that has never had qualms about killing off important people. It just didn't seem to ring true for me, but i dug the episode otherwise.

Also i'm sort of perplexed as to what the Night Kings purpose was, as a character and for the show/story, even though the Nightwalkers were always "there" they were pretty much relegated to myths/legends/rumors that no one believed. Once the threat became real the whole story shifted 180 degrees to "we need to deal with this issue now or we all die" and now that its over and the focus swaps back to the South/the war for the Throne...i have to ask the question...what as it all for? To unite everyone who dealt with that threat? No one in the south or in Essos ever saw the Night King so even if someone told them yea Winterfell was sacked by a bunch of zombies, would anyone even believe them?

I guess what i'm getting at is they are now set themselves up to have to make the ending conflict (the game of thrones vs Cersei) REALLY pay off or the whole thing kinda falls flat. I assume at least one more major battle (lanisters + golden company vs much smaller northern army + 2 dragons) possibly mirroring the events of aegon's conquest 300 years ago, leading to the fulfillment of the prophecy and jaime killing his sister to prevent her from going mad king/burning the whole city to the ground.
    Since when has any important main characters died in any battle in the show?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Since when has any important main characters died in any battle in the show?
    Stannis died in battle, also the Queen of Roses died in battle, also the Red Viper, also the Mountain, also Jon Snow.
    Last edited by jakeic; 2019-04-30 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Stannis died in battle.
    I wouldn't consider that dying in battle. He was killed by Brienne who took no part in that battle.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Stannis died in battle, also the Queen of Roses died in battle, also the Red Viper, also the Mountain, also Jon Snow.
    stannis died after ta battle, Queen of roses died of poison, after a battle. oberyn dies in a duel, not in a battle, same as the mountain. snow was stabbed to death by his own people, not in battle.

If Arya kills Cersei this is gonna be officially the biggest joke ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If Arya kills Cersei this is gonna be officially the biggest joke ever.
    Nah, jamie will do it.