Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

8.2 Nazjatar PTR!

lortemar and thalyssra! horde base

eternal palace

zinashari

Nazjatar is basically the bottom of the sea. Azshara cast a spell that parted the ocean in such a way that the zone of Nazjatar is not underwater. The zone is surrounded by massive ocean walls that you can’t walk through (or swim through?). On the east side lies Zin’Ashari. It is immense like Suramar City, but completely in ruins. The ground is not even. Some of its areas are broken, rising in a 45 degree, or steeper. Multiple corridors; and underground, and high ground temples.

From a outdoor fountain surrounded by a temple, you can perfectly watch a half-moon in the sky. The Eternal Temple’s outdoor is a massive fountain with a gigantic statue of Azshara. It is guarded by elite Naga and void creatures.

On the Horde side, the Nazjatar storyline is spearheaded by Lor’themar Theron and First Arcanist Thalyssra. Especially in Zin’Azshari.

I can’t wait to quest here and learn the local stories. Watch the video Nazjatar exploration below.
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...loration-video

Nazjatar Alliance Questline 8.2 - Queen Azshara - Ankoan
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2019-05-04 at 11:49 AM.

they did the exact same thing they did in legion and put thalassian ranger statues in zin'ashari.

it triggers me so fucking much. they're all over azsuna and suramar too, so don't expect it to change.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they did the exact same thing they did in legion and put thalassian ranger statues in zin'ashari.

it triggers me so fucking much. they're all over azsuna and suramar too, so don't expect it to change.
    We wouldn't want those NElf fans/players thinking they're not second class citizens, would we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Oh... joy. More elf ghosts.
    Twas brillig

Zin Azshari doesn't look like anything special, it's a glorified version of Azsuna and no particular building stands out. Also you would think that after 10.000 years Azshara would try to rebuild her former capital that is literally located in her backdoor. The Eternal Palace looks very beautiful though.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-02 at 05:27 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    yeah who would've thought that elf ghosts would frequent a city that was inhabited by elves

I adore the aesthetic but the use of Azsuna stuff and how all this is stuffed into one patch irks me. Azshara could've easily carried an expansion, especially with how entertaining her smug lines are in this one.

Also, Tyrande's absence has made Thalyssra be the one to talk about how sad it is the priestesses of the moon were banned which is just strange.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Once the Naga were my favourite race in WoW. I was so hyped for them in WC 3 TFT, majorly because i liked their design, abilities, as well as their background and always hoped they would become an interesting playable race in WoW. I also liked that Alliance in WC 3 between the Naga and the Fel magic using Blood Elves. Over the course of WoW's life span Blizzard wasted the Naga's potential as an interesting race in my opinion, like they wasted most of the potential of their races, factions and characters.

Zin'Azshari doesn't bring across anything of the grandeur of the sunken Night Elven Empire of old, at least in my eyes. Combine that with the shitty story in WoW and especially BfA and i couldn't care less about the "grand finale" of the Azshara and Naga story. It will be crap, like 90% of the BfA story.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Also, Tyrande's absence has made Thalyssra be the one to talk about how sad it is the priestesses of the moon were banned which is just strange.
    i actually don't hate her talking about that, because i really want to know the status of the nightborne's beliefs.

so any more insight into whether or not the nightborne still believe in elune is welcome.

not that tyrande shouldn't be there of course, but she also wouldn't be the one telling horde about this stuff. shandris tells it for alliance players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What a waste. It looks like Azsuna and it’ll be marred by the absurdity of the Alliance and Horde working together in a faction war expansion.

i actually don't hate her talking about that, because i really want to know the status of the nightborne's beliefs.

so any more insight into whether or not the nightborne still believe in elune is welcome.

not that tyrande shouldn't be there of course, but she also wouldn't be the one telling horde about this stuff. shandris tells it for alliance players.
    I disagree with you, even if I'm also interested in the Nightborne religion, what with it being one of the few things about their society not touched on in Legion.

Basically, as Horde, what's your connection as a player to Elune really? The only one is from the earlier patch with that whole undead night elf malarky, and even that scarcely puts either her followers or your relationship as a PC to them in a positive light. And Thalyssra has never been shown to really care over much about the priesthood.

If someone plays exclusively Alliance they could easily miss this, when it's actually an interesting point and can remind people about the Azshara personality cult that runs counter to their real religion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I disagree with you, even if I'm also interested in the Nightborne religion, what with it being one of the few things about their society not touched on in Legion.

Basically, as Horde, what's your connection as a player to Elune really? The only one is from the earlier patch with that whole undead night elf malarky, and even that scarcely puts either her followers or your relationship as a PC to them in a positive light. And Thalyssra has never been shown to really care over much about the priesthood.

If someone plays exclusively Alliance they could easily miss this, when it's actually an interesting point and can remind people about the Azshara personality cult that runs counter to their real religion.
    well, the blood elves would know plenty about elune. the nightborne as well.

and like i said, tyrande wouldn't be speaking to the horde about it anyway, only the alliance. she's not going to reach out to the horde for anything, not after what she's become.

she is entirely consumed by vengeance now.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Zin Azshari doesn't look like anything special, it's a glorified version of Azsuna and no particular building stands out. Also you would think that after 10.000 years Azshara would try to rebuild her former capital that is literally located in her backdoor. The Eternal Palace looks very beautiful though.
    Azshara has a new capital eternal palace

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Palace is great.
    Both Nazjatar and Mechagon look too dull visually though.

If they are grey, there is no difference. Especially when you consider the fact that people from statues are ancestors of Thalassians, not Darnassians.

- - - Updated - - -

I adore the aesthetic but the use of Azsuna stuff and how all this is stuffed into one patch irks me. Azshara could've easily carried an expansion, especially with how entertaining her smug lines are in this one.

I think it has more gold. I mean, they changed silver into gold on textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What a waste. It looks like Azsuna and it’ll be marred by the absurdity of the Alliance and Horde working together in a faction war expansion.
    Whole faction war was absurd in the first place.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    If they are grey, there is no difference. Especially when you consider the fact that people from statues are ancestors of Thalassians, not Darnassians.
    there is a pretty big difference.

their bodies aren't the same, they don't have the same faces, and their ears aren't the same.

no thalassian elf existed, no elf that looked anything like them did. dath'remar and his bunch were literally just highborne night elves when they were exiled.

if that looks like a nelf, then liadrin must be the first nelf paladin.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-05-02 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I mean, it is Nazjatar...

Not what I expected Nazjatar to look like. Its basically another Azsuna by the looks of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's also the same theme we have had in every other night elf ruin since classic. Maybe try something new . . .
    Ah yes, my exact thoughts when i was on vacation in Italy. After seeing the 20th roman ruin my main thought was "damn, why couldn't they jazz up their architecture a little, this is getting old".

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Ah yes, my exact thoughts when i was on vacation in Italy. After seeing the 20th roman ruin my main thought was "damn, why couldn't they jazz up their architecture a little, this is getting old".
    I think he's talking more about it being another barren zone full of dotted ruins rather than the massive sprawling sunken city it's supposed to be, not the mention the Naga have been active for 10,000 years and appear to have done next to nothing with their time. There should be an underwater civilization that rivals the cities on the surface by now.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..