Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Gee, it's almost like Sylvanas... Is being set up as a bad guy!

... I can't even feign surprise anymore. It's like the story literally set this up for you and you still blindly refused to see it.
    The Horde as the Scourge 2.0 was definitely a concept that was tenable long-term!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Some players would rather genocide a people and piss on the broken skulls of elf babies while the Lich Queen proclaims that undeath is a gift and life is a curse than perhaps even slightly doing something that might also indirectly benefit the Alliance in some way.
    It's true. One of these is consistent with the core purpose of a two faction war game, the other less so.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Some players would rather genocide a people and piss on the broken skulls of elf babies while the Lich Queen proclaims that undeath is a gift and life is a curse than perhaps even slightly doing something that might also indirectly benefit the Alliance in some way.
    Gee, some people LIKE to play such factions, imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its really funny how they tried SO hard so that everyone hates Sylvanas and managed to get 50% at best. Meanwhile Anduin is portrayed as this perfect protagonist and almost everyone hates him.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BADLY!
    Step one: meet the bizarro world qualifications for joining Blizzard's writing team.
    Step two: you're basically done at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There are Dwarves in this story? Oo
    For like 5 minutes or so, better cram more humans into it all, everybody loves humans!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's true. One of these is consistent with the core purpose of a two faction war game, the other less so.
    War doesn't mean going Scourge v2, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Gee, it's almost like Sylvanas... Is being set up as a bad guy!

... I can't even feign surprise anymore. It's like the story literally set this up for you and you still blindly refused to see it.
    Yes, yes, we all know it was MoP 2.0 from the start and Blizzard straight up lied to the playerbase about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Gee, some people LIKE to play such factions, imagine that!
    Yeah, up until it comes time for an objectively villainous player faction to meet some semblance of consequence for their actions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why would Dwarf and NE fans lose their shit because Sylvanas fanboys are unhappy that they don't get an option tailored to them wanting to be genocidal madman over and over again?

That aside, I agree- a lot of players have a reason to be unhappy with the current state of affairs. Just that that unhappiness won't manifest in complaining about not getting to kiss the Lich Queen's toes.
    The thing is, I don't like Sylvanas, and haven't since freaking Cataclysm. But her adversaries, while certainly less evil than her (not rly that difficult lul), are equally as stupid and unlikeable. As for Dwarves, they send more and more soldiers to be massacred, but seem to be happy by not getting even a voice in Manduin's office. In the introductory BfA quest, you are sent to SW Keep, and who do you find there? Manduin, Jaina, Genn, Shaw... Not a single Dwarf representative LMAO.

At least Tyrande does show up, in order to ask for military relief, since NEs were apparently getting steamrolled in their own home turf - but guess what, Manduin tells her "no way dudette, army's busy elsewhere so bugger off", so NEs have to improvise a (very costly, I assume) guerrilla warfare on their own - after having loyally served the Alliance since its inception. If that isn't taking a HUGE dump on NEs as a whole... I don't know what is.

But don't worry, #HumanPotential will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because the problem is not Sylvanas. I don't care if Baine becomes Warchief and brings me Sylvanas' head on a platter. The Horde Army seems to overwhelmingly support Sylvanas. Killing her is not a solution for the Alliance.
    That's 8.2. Baine gets freed. In later patches Baine, Thrall and Saurfang will proselytize the masses and make them see the errors of their way in an afternoon. And even though those characters are basically heralds of Anduin and his wisdom, that won't constitute Anduin acting as a cancerous growth spreading throughout the story, because reasons.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

War doesn't mean going Scourge v2, though.
    That's true. Sylvanas' Horde is a caricature past the pre-patch at latest. It's just preferable to the Unifaction and doing this nonsense again in a few years.

Mind, this is all a thought exercise, the end result is obvious.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Why would it be them against the rest of the world? Lor'themar isn't starting the rebellion. The guy's number 1 priority is not getting Blood Elves killed. He won't have them be at the front a rebellion. Any rebellion that would happen would be uncoordinated and easy to thwart.
    So what happens to him then? Sylvanas just forgives him for siding with Thrall and Saurfang? Kill him and hopes the rest of the blood elves don't mind? Because whether it plays out as it does in game or it plays out with the loyalist and Sylvanas killing everyone in the Baine scenario like you want it to, he's already sided with them.

At least by helping put down Sylvanas, whether it's with a rebellion or by actually defecting to the Alliance, they can push most of the blame for Teldrassil onto her and hopefully escape "justice for Teldrassil". Lor'themar knows the Alliance's capacity for forgiveness(even if the nelves will get rightfully pissy) and he knows Sylvanas' capacity for forgiveness. The choice is easy.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Better to suffer with the shred of dignity the "loyalist" Horde has than be the proverbial bitch of the story full of idiot characters that pleasure themselves as they spout honor back and forth like it explains or justifies their consistent and self harming stupidity.

Better to stomp on a thousand corpses than for a second buy into Blizzard's Hysterical attempt at a moral lesson in a game called World of Warcraft. It's hysterical.

Anything is preferable to the trashfire the writers try to shovel on us, so detached from the rest of the world that they think what they are peddling is not only deep, but a great story as well.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2019-05-02 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Better to suffer with the shred of dignity the "loyalist" Horde has than be the proverbial bitch of the story full of idiot characters that pleasure themselves as they spout honor back and forth like it explains or justifies their consistent and self harming stupidity.

Better to stomp on a thousand corpses than for a second buy into Blizzard's Hysterical attempt at a moral lesson in a game called World of Warcraft. It's hysterical.
    And I'd be okay with that if it meant that the Horde would actually be treated as the blatantly evil faction it has become.

You know what that entails, right? That every other faction that has any interest in saving the world from villains will help the Alliance eradicate the Horde. There would be no place for neutrality, no place for "Oh, but it's just a difference in beliefs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Alliance has constantly shed blood to defend Night Elf interests in Kalimdor since classic.
    When? There were barely any other Alliance races in Kalimdor in Classic aside from Theramore. Which, being a human city, would 100% be human interests being looked out for there.

Or do you mean in Cataclysm when it was night elves shedding blood for the human's war?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    As a primarily Alliance player(draenei and night elves) this expansion has put me more at odds with human fanboys than Horde fanboys. At least Horde fanboys can agree that Anduin needs killing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was not Blizzard's intention with the story.
    Hell, I am a primarily a Horde player but I sympathized more with the Night Elves than my own faction in this expansion. They took one of the best and the most original races in the Warcraft world, the Night Elves, and rammed them into the ground, so to speak.

Honestly, the Night Elves should never forget or forgive. I wish to see them hunting and killing Horde members as vengeance for the genocide we did against them. That would give the story integrity and consistency, not that I expect either of Blizzard.
    Last edited by Nirn; 2019-05-02 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post
    Hell, I am a primarily a Horde player but I sympathized more with the Night Elves than my own faction in this expansion. They took one of the best and the most original races in the Warcraft world, the Night Elves, and rammed them into the ground, so to speak.

Honestly, the Night Elves should never forget or forgive. I wish to see them hunting and killing Horde members as vengeance for the genocide we did against them. That would give the story integrity and consistency, not that I except either of Blizzard.
    Nah, Anduin will negotiate a peace deal without the night elves getting a say and they'll just have to accept it. Exactly as his daddy did.

Well, considering Jaina's greatest sin was getting real angry and threatening to drown Orgrimmar when her city and people were nuked out of existence and imprisoning some blood elves and killing those that attacked her after she thought she was betrayed for a second time by Horde members in a neutral city..
    And here I thought her greatest sin was her forces leading the Alliance charge against the Horde throughout Cataclysm, including her troops capturing Horde outpost of Honor's Stand before Garrosh actually invaded Ashenvale. You know, the thing that led to the Horde bombing Theramore in the first place.

Also, Jaina wasn't betrayed by Horde members in a neutral city. First of all, there was one Sunreaver agent working with Garrosh, as said in Warcrimes. So, member, not members. Furthermore, Jaina broke Dalaran's neutrality first by aiding the Alliance in Darnassus' defense. After that, it was pretty much fair game since by doing so she turned Dalaran into Alliance's cobelligerent. She also didn't kill just those that attacked her. She killed Aethas' guards before she even laid any charges on Sunreavers, let alone made her ultimatum. Later on she blasts Sunreaver NPCs at random. To top it off, she abused her authority to perform the Purge, as Dalaran is ruled by the Council of Six as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirn View Post

Honestly, the Night Elves should never forget or forgive. I wish to see them hunting and killing Horde members as vengeance for the genocide we did against them. That would give the story integrity and consistency, not that I except either of Blizzard.
    Ah, don't worry. The Night Elves got some shine and a power-up in 8.1

Which basically means they can now maybe.. perhaps keep a bunch of shambling zombies at bay instead of being glorified target dummies for the Horde. Y...yay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    This really is MoP, isn't it?
    no she has boobs and is a literally waifu pillow of one of the writer team, do u see any Garrosh pillow ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power