Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its not the color problem.. I mean we are UNDER the ocean.. wr need darker places.. I mean look at night time in game.. it still looks like we are in daytime.. this darker vibe is exxactly what nazjatar needs to make it dark and creepy, the problem so far with this zone is that its freaking zin ashari.. the place of power 10000 years ago.. and it looks bland. Thats the problem.
    Yeah... maybe for you. But I seriously hate the darker bland colors. The area looks sad and just boring.

I agree with the night times in WoW. But we're no longer under ocean? The Zin'Azshari was brought up higher by Azshara, wasn't it?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-05-03 at 12:21 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah... maybe for you. But I seriously hate the darker bland colors. The area looks sad and just boring.

I agree with the night times in WoW. But we're no longer under ocean? The Zin'Azshari was brought up higher by Azshara, wasn't it?
    Not realy brought up.. just sorta split.. a noah move.

Well, they cant exactly beat Subnautica when it comes to underwater visuals, but its like the entire scenario has been used as an excuse why the zone is completely bland.

Why would Nazjatar be colourful? it was at the bottom of the oceon. An area where natural light didn't hit, and therefore it would have no reason to be colourful.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    It's the first PTR build of Nazjatar, there will be more details added when the final build hits.
    Imagine still rolling with these theory in 2019, lol

It's the first PTR build of Nazjatar, there will be more details added when the final build hits.
    lol that's not the way wow has ever worked. One the arts in, it's in, unless its a very obvious placeholder like the statue in KT. Whole areas are never changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Not realy brought up.. just sorta split.. a noah move.
    I think you mean Moses.

Noah got drunk on a boat with every animal except dinosaurs.

Moses parted water with his staff/snake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It just looks like a larger Nar'thalas - and what I imagined we would get in Thal'dranath, which was ditched. Did they just paste that zone for Naz'jatar.

This would explain the severe lack of a proper naga section or city.

It's mid expansion, they don't do new sets in mid expansion, which might explain why only the Eternal Palace looks naga, but lore wise that surely can't be all the naga have after 10,000 years.

The fact that we don't see it, probably means that this set for 8.2 is the unfinished Thal'dranath.

They have either just completely ignored the rest of the naga home and done a patch job like they did Argus, or they are planning more from it in the next expansion when they have more time to build a proper set.
    We didn't see a single iota of what Thal'dranath looked like before it was cut, nor have we seen any of the art assets used in nazjatar previously.

Thal'dranath was a blank, untextured plop of land out in the ocean at its most refined state. Blizzard also develops suites of props for use in zones for each expansion; I highly doubt they were just "sitting on" a whole unused undersea prop set for two expansions.

You might not like the creative direction of a zone, but to call it a "reuse" of something you never even saw is... a pretty lame call, honestly.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-05-03 at 08:21 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You realize Blizzard makes WoW right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    X to Doubt.

This is an advanced build of it. There's too much wrong for them to be able to fix it on schedule.
    There definitely isn’t too much wrong. A lot of people are asking for things that are definitely fixable. If you look around in the threads including this one most people are asking for extra detail. More bioluminescence (mushrooms, seaweed, coral, kelp, rocks, fish, etc) and more vibrant colors are the two main things being asked for from what I can see and both of those are definitely doable.

However I highly doubt they’ll do any of that. It’d make a huge difference though. The zone isn’t really pleasing to the eye, there’s 1 section with bioluminescence and it’s great but there needs to be more of that. It’s too dark and bland.

I think the bland and subdued colors are intentional, as all the other BFA zones are quite subdued as well. Even Zuldazaar and Stormsong Valley, the brightest zones of the expansion, are not quite as vibrant as zones in the Broken Isles, Draenor, or Pandaria. So it just appears to be an art theme for the expansion as a whole. Though the inside of Mechagon appears to be quite vibrant in it's own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    X to Doubt.

This is an advanced build of it. There's too much wrong for them to be able to fix it on schedule.
    You have "advanced" confused I think. I interpret it as the time-gated content that's in an advanced state - the art is separate from this.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I think you mean Moses.

Noah got drunk on a boat with every animal except dinosaurs.

Moses parted water with his staff/snake
    Oo sorry yea moses.. ye that move.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFaerie View Post
    You have "advanced" confused I think. I interpret it as the time-gated content that's in an advanced state - the art is separate from this.
    I mean that's hardly any better if the zone ends up being timegated.

This forum shows exactly what’s wrong with the current generation of gamer. All children who want it to have it their way or they cry. Why are you still on the wow forum and not playing fortnite if blizzard is this evil and lazy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    It's a rush job. They know the expansion doesn't have a pulse, so are likely focusing all resources toward the next expansion.
    >implying it will have anymore effort in it's development.
    blizzard has always been aggrandizing trash who deserve a false-advertising charge or twenty.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    This forum shows exactly what’s wrong with the current generation of gamer. All children who want it to have it their way or they cry. Why are you still on the wow forum and not playing fortnite if blizzard is this evil and lazy ?
    Thanks for your meaningless lecture old man, but this is a top discussion and not a place where you come and whine, ironically, like a child, and contribute nothing to it.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    -snip-
    you wanna know something funny? you think anyone cares about your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I just don't understand why they can't add a bit more flavour to it... bioluminescent mushrooms, sea stars, sea weeds, those fish with shiny baubles.

TI is so vibrant and alive, it pops.

Vashj'ir and even Deepholme have very contrasting colour patterns, it's pleasing to the eye.
    I think Ghostcrawler got to geek out on Vashj'ir since he was a marine biologist before.

What's Ion's passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I think Ghostcrawler got to geek out on Vashj'ir since he was a marine biologist before.

What's Ion's passion?
    Money?

Ion was a lawyer specializing in white-collar criminal defense (laundering, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, embezzlement, etc.)