Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Damn, where are all the GoT white knights that love some bad writing and inconsistency to defend today's episode?
    Letting you all wallow in misery this week. Got more important things to do atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dany has gotten so many people not invested in the Iron Throne killed. Imagine being Grey Worm, even with his devotion to his order. The Dothraki weren't his but he would have respected them, dead. The Unsullied fought hard for Winterfell, people who they've never met in a land they had no attachment too - so many dead. At least Grey Worm could look forward to retiring with Missandei...FUCK WESTEROS.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’d be happy, but a bit annoyed that it took her losing 2 dragons to finally realize that putting armor on those bitches was probably a good idea.
    I think so too but did you see how long it takes them to take off and to land? Now add thousands of kilograms to them. I know they are strong but it would be too much or slow them quite a lot. Now with only one, even if it slows him or it makes him tired to fly, it has to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The ending doesn't really make sense either. Cersei isn't an honorable person. Nothing should have stopped her from opening fire at Danny and the meager number of troops she had there. The dragon, who was standing nice and still, could have easily gone down to that many ballistas.

On the other side Missandei should have realized she was a dead woman, grabbed Cersei, then jump off the wall.
    Its in Cersei's character to keep enemies around to live out their failures. If she thought they were a threat then she would have killed them. Killing Missandei was a punishment and a statement to them. From her POV, they got Missandei killed, she is just the executioner. Also, Missandei is just an advisor, not a fighter by any means. She wasn't making over that ledge with Cersei while Cersei was flanked by the Mountain and her guard.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The ending doesn't really make sense either. Cersei isn't an honorable person. Nothing should have stopped her from opening fire at Danny and the meager number of troops she had there. The dragon, who was standing nice and still, could have easily gone down to that many ballistas.

On the other side Missandei should have realized she was a dead woman, grabbed Cersei, then jump off the wall.
    Both very fair points.

Still, knowing GoT writers, Cersei would be caught by the Mountain who suddenly found out that he has an elastic body that can stretch all the way to the ground and all notable characters would somehow dodge the arrows while a bunch of freshly respawned Unsullied laughed in Dragonstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor ghost not even a hug goodbye.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I just don't get the point of it. Why introduce this being with extraordinary powers that serves no purpose?
    Bran should have died in episode 3, that's the truth. His whole storyline revolved around the Night King and now that he's dead, Bran serves no purpose other than being emo and delivering clever lines that bring nothing to the story.

unless they pull something out of their ass in the last 2 episodes.
    Let's just say, I hope they forget about him and move on.

Also... Anyone else would want a spin-off series of Tormund and Ghost going on some adventures beyond the wall? I'd totally watch that

It's kind of a weird circular logic if that's the case. His sole reason for existing is just to exist. He doesn't really do anything else. Sits there and scans the time-ways but doesn't really have any motivation or reasoning to do so. Yeah, he's a target of the NK, but why? You can't really be a target without having done something to provoke it or having the potential to do something.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they spent large chunks of entire seasons building him up as some mythological force to be reckoned with and now he just sits in his chair and does nothing. It's a huge narrative let-down unless they pull something out of their ass in the last 2 episodes.
    I'll say this much on this, Bran's role in helping to uncover Jon's true parentage could end up being pivotal. And he's also been able to track the NK's movements up until Ep. 3. So it's not like his abilities just haven't had a purpose. And I'd like to point also that his "existing" with his particular abilities were enough to draw the NK in at Winterfell, just as they'd hoped, and distract him and his forces enough for Arya to land the killing blow.

As for his powers, they've never been shown to be anything more than warging into animals and dull-witted humans and being able to visit the past. Nothing more than that has ever been alluded too. This is really just a product of people hoping and expecting more to be there, and that's fair. But when it's not the case there's really no actual basis to complain about any of the writing regarding him in the show. It's been pretty consistent.

As soon as Dany started talking to Gendry I was like give it a fucking rest. She has always swayed backed and forth a bit between a good person and Mad King, but she's just using people now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Also... Anyone else would want a spin-off series of Tormund and Ghost going on some adventures beyond the wall? I'd totally watch that
    Hell to the fucking yes. Tormund has easily become one of my most favorite characters in the show. He's such a likable person and he is a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    I'll say this much on this, Bran's role in helping to uncover Jon's true parentage could end up being pivotal.
    In pushing Daenerys away from Jon, possibly the only person that could have prevented her from potentially going crazy? Sure. Based on what has happened so far, I think it would be better if Bran and Sam kept their mouths shut and never told Jon the truth.

And he's also been able to track the NK's movements up until Ep. 3.
    Oh what a great help it has been, considering that ultimately Tormund and Berric were the ones who informed Jon when the Night King is going to attack, not Bran

And I'd like to point also that his "existing" with his particular abilities were enough to draw the NK in at Winterfell, just as they'd hoped, and distract him and his forces enough for Arya to land the killing blow.
    Okay, Bran made for a good bait, agreed.

As for his powers, they've never been shown to be anything more than warging into animals and dull-witted humans and being able to visit the past.
    This I also agree with. I think many people were hoping that the Three Eyed Raven actually had cool powers, but the reality is that Bran was basically a nihilistic cripple in a chair that could see the past and warg into animals. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, with Bran, I'd just be happy if they do ANYTHING.
    Even something like have Bran become the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms?

The capabilities of green-seeing and warging are much more fleshed out in the books, and it was pretty obvious that the way they built Bran up in the previous seasons he was supposed to be way more than this.

And again, why does the NK even GAF about him considering that he isn't capable of anything all that worthwhile?

And if the spoilers are true, I'd imagine Jon ends up killing Dany after she loses her fucking marbles regardless of knowing about his true lineage. If anything, her being frustrated with this knowledge made the situation worse and contributed to her losing her shit and massacring king's landing next week.
    It's been brought up several times that playing stuff from the books into the show is almost always going to net disappointment. It's not unreasonable to believe that they might have had more plans for him. That early on in the show they likely had no idea how long they'd have to continue writing episodes. So you have something of a point there, but in the end this still makes sense. Shows do have constraints and it's unfair, really, to criticize them based on those constraints as they really can't do anything about that as writers.

It's been explained on the show, on here by me and others. If you're not willing to accept that explanation as viable by now, so be it. To many people it's reasonable and made sense. This is more or less a subjective thing, so whatever.

The knowledge of Jon's heritage was bound to get out eventually. You saw how careful Jon was while being true to Jon's character, of course he would have to tell his family, that's what Stark's do. And of course Sansa would use this, because that's what Sansa is like now. And Jon's heritage is a BIG DEAL, whether he kills Dany or not. If anything this again shows how pivotal a role Bran played in bringing all that to light.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    Hell to the fucking yes. Tormund has easily become one of my most favorite characters in the show. He's such a likable person and he is a badass.
    I loved Tormund too. He's such a fun character and damn, the actor that played him did an outstanding job

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post

Oh what a great help it has been, considering that ultimately Tormund and Berric were the ones who informed Jon when the Night King is going to attack, not Bran
    I was referring to scenes from past seasons where Bran would send a flock of ravens to spy on him. Also it was Bran who informed everyone in Episode 1 this season that the NK had broken through the wall, had his own dragon, etc, while Tormund & Co were still making their way down. This was pretty vital information and I'm pretty sure nobody was around to send them a raven on it.

Also it was Bran who informed everyone in Episode 1 this season that the NK had broken through the wall, had his own dragon, etc, while Tormund & Co were still making their way down. This was pretty vital information and I'm pretty sure nobody was around to send them a raven on it.
    Okay, that's a fair point. You're right - knowing the NK was past the wall was a pretty important piece of information.

Anyone else notice the coffee cup? https://i.imgur.com/7OYjYq4.jpg

Just your average Warlock player || Old logs because BFA blows

5+ Year Old Account
    I bet the spin offs will be shit as well...without fatso Martin, it crumbles into b-movie soap opera with action scenes...

Only material they have for something mildly interesting is ser duncan the tall's adventures...and hbo said no to that...i guess not enough action to be had...

Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post

Literally had to boot up HBO to see if it was true. It was. How sloppy can you be? They're so over this show.