Poll: Are you going for the Scarab Lord title?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Are you going for the Scarab Lord title?

Getting the Scarab Lord title is a MASSIVE chain of quests, dungeons, raids & world content that will only be completed by the truly awesome players. Not many people are able to complete it, but we need at least one great adventurer to do it. Will you be one?

I will be the one and I will solo it.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMPOSSIBRU!!!!!!!111one

In theory, it's possible for EVERY single player on classic to get everything needed to ring the gong - You just have to ring the gong within the few hours after the Gates have been opened.

However, since you can only get, at best, 1 scepter for ringing per BWL raid, it's immensely slow going - Outside of using alts (Which, while possible, wasn't plausible during Classic) to make extra raids, it would take 40 entire weeks to get scepters to the entire raiding group. Assuming that Blizz waits 4 months between BWL and AQ, well, thats oonly enough time for 16 scepters per raid group tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It has nothing to do with being a good player or awesome player.
    It has everything to do with making a guild be your bitch and grinding it for you.
    If you aren't good at manipulating a bunch of people, just give up.

No wai!
    Too much work. Also the title came with TBC and was not a part of Vanilla iirc.

No, I and my entire guild as an extension have lives.

It's not hard, it's time consuming... extremely time consuming.
    It also requires you to have a full guild with you as much as possible, while giving you (one player) the full priority.

Vanilla wasn't hard, people need to drop that claim. Vanilla was time consuming, nothing more.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I value life too much, thanks.

The best part will be when the gong will be used in the middle of the night without annoucements, thats what happened on most server in vanilla, since the servers crashed when everybody wanted to see it in daytime.

Even the most exploited shortcuts to R14 end of vanilla with barelly 2 weeks of playtime are "worth" more than the exploited scarab lord achievements in WotLK.
    -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    In vanilla its almost impossible. 1-2 players per server will get it and they will require entire guilds working for one player.

Vast majority of scarab lords did it in BC and beginning of WoTLK, when it was possible to solo and move to newly opened server.

So answering "yes" means you'll be leading 40 man guild that will work for you and will be successful enough to get grind done. That requires killing dragons that will be farmed hardcore by couple of top guilds per server, which is almost impossible. That requires having lots of players to help grind reputation 24/7.

You think you want to do it, but you don't.
    Maybe you should look up how it works before you call something impossible.

Reason so few people got it back in vanilla is cause barely anyone knew what it was.

Its not as hard as people make it out to be, because you have a lot of time to do it if blizzard doesnt change when the quest releases.

In vanilla, the quest released at the same time as the war effort, and most war efforts lasted around 2 months. In theory, that would make it possible for 8 players PER GUILD to complete the quest. However, completing the rep grind in 1 week is a very hardcore grind, not impossible, but very hardcore.
    For every week that the war effort goes on, make the grind easier. Need some good rng with the MC googles or do some MC trash farm to get more people the mount.

On a private server they released the quest after war effort completed, aq opened on week two. And 10 players completed it. That is some insane grinding done by those 10 players.
    So 1 private server had 10 black qiraji's with much less time than retail.(and the grind was even buffed to make the items bop so the player had to be present for the farming, blizzlike they are boe so you could trade them to help out your guildie)

More people will go hardcore on blizzard servers than privates, and the grind is really not that hard, it all depends on how long the war effort goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title ? It won't be hard to get since it's available to everyone who completes the chain for 6 or 10 hours after the initial bang of the gong and even average guilds will faceroll BWL.

Mount ? absolutely not, that's basically reserved for world class guilds that will be playing on Classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifon View Post
    No wai!
    Too much work. Also the title came with TBC and was not a part of Vanilla iirc.
    ...It was available immediately after you turned in the quest. The mount was 1 per server (first person to bang the gong). The title was available to anyone else that finished the quest for the initial duration that the elites were running around (6 or 10 hours, I don't remember which) but that really never happened on non Asian servers. If you see a Scarab Lord and/or someone with the black crystal, they likely got it when the quest bugged, became completable again and are likely people that transferred to complete it. This is presumably why the chain itself was removed for Cataclysm.

Edit - Joined in 2007, post count of 6...wat
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get that title because the title wasn't added until patch 2.0.3. (Not very vanilla if you ask me]
    However you will be able to get the mount. Having that said, maybe. Depends how much time blizz will give us from when the release the quest till the opening of the gates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Title ? It won't be hard to get since it's available to everyone who completes the chain for 6 or 10 hours after the initial bang of the gong and even average guilds will faceroll BWL.

Mount ? absolutely not, that's basically reserved for world class guilds that will be playing on Classic servers.

...It was available immediately after you turned in the quest. The mount was 1 per server (first person to bang the gong). The title was available to anyone else that finished the quest for the initial duration that the elites were running around (6 or 10 hours, I don't remember which) but that really never happened on non Asian servers. If you see a Scarab Lord and/or someone with the black crystal, they likely got it when the quest bugged, became completable again and are likely people that transferred to complete it. This is presumably why the chain itself was removed for Cataclysm.

Edit - Joined in 2007, post count of 6...wat
    Patch notes for 2.0.3
    The title "Scarab Lord" can now be chosen in game for select players.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.0.3

Well seeing as the title was added in BC, I'd say no one is going for it.

For the actual mount itself, you need an entire guild backing you on it. It's not something for the determined solo player out there.

It'll probably take much longer, depending on the amount of people who play Classic and play at max level. I mean, why would someone help with the war effort unless they want to help/raid AQ eventually?

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be 0 Scarab Lords in WoW Classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get that title because the title wasn't added until patch 2.0.3. (Not very vanilla if you ask me]
    However you will be able to get the mount. Having that said, maybe. Depends how much time blizz will give us from when the release the quest till the opening of the gates.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch notes for 2.0.3
    The title "Scarab Lord" can now be chosen in game for select players.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.0.3
    That doesn't sound right. I witnessed a mage on Dunemaul ringing the gong and getting the title + mount. I also transferred during Classic and saw someone else with it and it definitely wasn't post TBC client patch. Maybe I'm losing my mind though.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    That doesn't add up. I witnessed a mage on Dunemaul ringing the gong and getting the title + mount. I also transferred during Classic and saw someone else with it and it definitely wasn't post TBC client patch. Maybe I'm losing my mind though.
    The only titles in vanilla were the PvP ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The only titles in vanilla were the PvP ranks.
    *twilight zone music* I think my life is a lie. I really did witness it, but I guess I remember it wrong. I know on the second server the Paladin had the mount, my memory of the title must be wrong though. I witnessed Peppi (or something similar) on Dunemal in [KingsGuard] getting the mount after hitting the gong, then the server crashed. Then I transferred and the Paladin GM on the top guild was running around Ironforge with the mount. I can't even remember his or his guild's name, my memory's failing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The best part will be when the gong will be used in the middle of the night without annoucements, thats what happened on most server in vanilla, since the servers crashed when everybody wanted to see it in daytime.
    On my server the guild gonging the gong tryed to keep it a secret but still everyone and their aunt were there anyway. You can't keep the progress hidden so when the time was almost there pretty much everyone who was interested had The Dude and some of his guild on friends list to check their movement. I still have a video. Realm didn't crash but fighting the anubisath it took 10 seconds for a spell to go off. Fun times