Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    ^ You do realise this is the Game of Thrones and the NK have and will always be just a side character to spin up the main story a bit? It's been shown as that for a long time. The Game of Thrones is the true story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Packness View Post
    The NK is not the same thing in the books as in the show. There is not a white walker 'king' in the books, white walkers wildly differs from the book counterpart 'the others'. I dont think they will be as huge in the last books as on the show, so I dont understand people, who call themself book fans, are disappointed in the shows dealing of the NK.
    This name of the book series is "A Song of Ice and Fire" not "A Song of Dragons and Lions", I think it's pretty obvious what the central conflict of the series is ultimately about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    This name of the book series is "A Song of Ice and Fire" not "A Song of Dragons and Lions", I think it's pretty obvious what the central conflict of the series is ultimately about.
    Well, when your obvious opinion is wrong. Even if the books aren't finished GRR Martin have explained the story in detail to the producers and have said he will not change it for the books. So, the white walkers are just a side story (big one ofc, but a side story) and the actual fight for the Throne is the main story.

That's not an opinion. That's fact. That's how the story is being told by GRR Martin and HBO. It's up to you if you wanna live in dislike and find mistakes or just lay back and enjoy an amazing show coming to an end.

I'm quite sure people like you and the others here will be the reason the last episode will have the lowest scores of all episodes online because "IT DIDNT END LIKE I EXPECTED AND WANTED TO QQ".

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Well, when your obvious opinion is wrong. Even if the books aren't finished GRR Martin have explained the story in detail to the producers and have said he will not change it for the books. So, the white walkers are just a side story (big one ofc, but a side story) and the actual fight for the Throne is the main story.

That's not an opinion. That's fact. That's how the story is being told by GRR Martin and HBO. It's up to you if you wanna live in dislike and find mistakes or just lay back and enjoy an amazing show coming to an end.

I'm quite sure people like you and the others here will be the reason the last episode will have the lowest scores of all episodes online because "IT DIDNT END LIKE I EXPECTED AND WANTED TO QQ".
    1. You're wrong, as a recent interview debunks that.
    2. Stop it with the 'facts', you're making yourself look like a buffoon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Song of ice n fire could mean jon n danny get a baby

Like, dance of dragons isn't about dragons dancing tango with each other.

Fantasy usually have hidden meanings so not to be obvious, n protect a fate from being changed.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Dorne, Stormlands, Riverlands will show up for the battle, all 3 want Cersei dead really bad..

Gendry Baratheon might just be an excuse for Stormlands to march for vengeance. He might have no problem being accepted.

Who is the new prince of Dorne?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Song of ice n fire could mean jon n danny get a baby

Like, dance of dragons isn't about dragons dancing tango with each other.

Fantasy usually have hidden meanings so not to be obvious, n protect a fate from being changed.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Dorne, Stormlands, Riverlands will show up for the battle, all 3 want Cersei dead really bad..

Gendry Baratheon might just be an excuse for Stormlands to march for vengeance. He might have no problem being accepted.

Who is the new prince of Dorne?
    We will probably get a "gandalf moment" as in LOTR when he comes with an army to help helms deep.

So much stuff has happend this season "Just because", so im open for anything to happen now.

5+ Year Old Account
    This could be Volantis, Meereen, maybe Daario Naharis brings a fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Actually Ser Pounce will scratch/bite Cersei to death next episode. You wouldnt expect that so its good.
    -the scratch gets infected
    -the infection proves to be incurable
    -Qyburn reanimates her
    -Qyburn gives her a face mask like that woman in Qarth (that talks with Jorah) had
    -Qyburn now has a literal puppet he can control sitting on the Iron Throne
    -said puppet commands Bronn to steal Lord Royce's torso armor
    -said puppet commands Euron to fish up Rhaegal's corpse
    -Qyburn reanimates Rhaegal and equips it with Lord Royce's armor (should fit as it is, but definitely after a few tugs with the breastplate stretcher)
    -Armored Rhaegal defeats unarmored Drogon easily
    -Qyburn conquers the rest of the seven kingdoms with ease

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    A Son[g] of [Ice]Stark and [Fire]Targaryen.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Song of Ice and Fire is about Targaryans having sex with Starks.
    Uh, no. It's about the eternal battle between death and life, told through the stories of human characters that are pawns in the religious war between the Great Other and R'hllor. The television show has decided that the human characters are somehow 1) able to defeat death for good and 2) their minor skirmishes about territories are more important.

Actually Ice is all the people who enjoy the book/show and are cool about how it is going.

Fire is all the internet forums and the rage being shown by those who are armchair authors/producers.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Actually Ice is all the people who enjoy the book/show and are cool about how it is going.

Fire is all the internet forums and the rage being shown by those who are armchair authors/producers.
    QFT!

As much as I enjoy the books (1) and the show (2) - as much as I can yes, acknowledge the bad writing too - I'm still going to enjoy the ride.

I posted pages ago - there's no way any of this could end making even probably "most" fans happy - even with good writing.

Its incredibly hard to write "endings." Most great writers will tell you that (and many have through various interviews over the years). I knew before this season started that even if the writing was strong(er) - whatever characters died in whatever order by XYZ methods - was probably going to upset most (including me at times). That is the nature of the beast.

I just hope to respect a quality ending. Even if its not the ending I would have wanted.

But I never expected a great ending - esp. out of a tv show. I'm not even sure I expect a "great" ending from GRRM. I'm just hoping he finishes =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Chelly

oops

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No it's not. Everything that happens in the books happens because Stark (Ice) and Targaryan (Fire) decided to get together.

That's the joke. Everyone thinks there are some great conspiracies going on in the world, but really everything happened because Rhaegar heard a prophecy and decided to get another child to fullfil said prophecy.
    Probably whispers from former 3yRaven.. Was maybe more direct with Aerys, the king is most important but he got scary information overload and became the mad king.

That's probably why he went slowly with Brann, but Brann felt a need n we got Hodor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post

oops
    Omg this is hilarious. And the curb your enthusiasm theme at the end loooool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Course I call bullshit on Danny "madness." No, she's not crazy. None of this is crazy. She may be "angry" mad, but she's not "mad king" mad. She's been angry for awhile now. She wanted to tear down the tower and burn King's Landing from her original strategy.

Its not her fault that plan is actually the best one they've ever had, but her advisors - who have personal stake in KL and the 7 Kingdoms- are the ones who have *always* told her not to do that. When honestly, if she had done that the moment she arrived - like she wanted - the series would have already been over =D.

But no neither are "crazy" nor are either going crazy. They're just being pushed (as they perceive it) to extremes. If Danny gets pissed enough she'll raze that damn tower, sure. (We can all hope...LOL) But that won't mean she went "crazy." That's a copout. Even if the bad writing wants to try and say that (and that's not what I get at all), doesn't mean I buy into it.
    Daenerys isn't "mad" in the sense of raving and frothing at the mouth about how the colors of everything she smells is wrong. She's spiteful and vicious and unrelenting and takes everything incredibly personally. She's willing and ready to kill anyone who gets in her way to the throne. Probably even Jon Snow, once his name gets out and he starts getting support. Her desire for the throne is not about avenging the Targaryens (if it were, she'd support Jon's bid), nor is it about freeing the downtrodden (she's not breaking the wheel, she's just changing who's driving it). This whole thing is a personal power bid for her, nothing more. And she'll slaughter anyone in her way.

She's really not any different than Cersei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Why did the Night King have a beard in the cave under Dragonstone? Could it be that there are multiple Night Kings?
    Maybe its like a playoff beard and he grows it over the course of the winter as his victories mount, but he got knocked out in round 1 so it never grew.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Honestly, episode 5 will probably have a Gandalf moment(Like in two towers when the orcs attacks helms deep) were some magical army suddenly appears to help defeat cercei. No idea who or what it can be.
    Well, that's quite obvious:

Last edited by Puri; 2019-05-09 at 03:57 PM.

This show is much more boring without the apocalyptic threat of the Night King.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    This show is much more boring without the apocalyptic threat of the Night King.
    yeah felt like the air went out of the show after episode 3.