Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    (though i want to play the XIII trilogy despite reading it's crap - hell i got it for free on Steam).
    A lot of hyperbole around the XIII trilogy but don't be afraid to try it- especially since you already have it. Flawed games for sure but anyone claiming they are objectively bad games typically can't back it up and usually start claiming things that other FF games are guilty of IE, "bad at explaining lore", "hallway simulator", "it's not turn based!!!". Etc. They aren't great games, but they are good games and whether you like them or not will come down to personal taste on the combat system and whether you like the characters or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All I wanted is for FF7 to have actual action combat, Seems they are giving me that so ill likely be happy with it.

Providing they don't cut the game up into 3 parts like they talked about before.

I'm a really big FF7 fan and I'm looking forward to this, I'm just waiting to see how Square Enix fuck's it up.
    Why is turn based combat bad?

I would hate it if they really would turn FF7 into a live action combat system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty cool but... where's my Tifa? She was clearly in the party but was never shown in a single shot throughout the teaser. D:
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Looks pretty cool but... where's my Tifa? She was clearly in the party but was never shown in a single shot throughout the teaser. D:
    Nomura saving the big guns(literally) for e3 mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think they're going ahead with it because even if it ends up being a meh remake they will still make bank off it.

But yea when Square ships this game in the next 7 months a lot of people will be eating some crow, switching to Unreal instead of in house garbage is the best move they have made and should allow them to ship 1 big RPG a year like the square of old. They literally went from shipping World of FF and FFXV for the first 2/3rds of the gen to shipping DQXI, KH3 and soon FFVIIR thanks to switching over.
    Good. Hopefully we will see FF16 before 2028.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A lot of hyperbole around the XIII trilogy but don't be afraid to try it- especially since you already have it. Flawed games for sure but anyone claiming they are objectively bad games typically can't back it up and usually start claiming things that other FF games are guilty of IE, "bad at explaining lore", "hallway simulator", "it's not turn based!!!". Etc. They aren't great games, but they are good games and whether you like them or not will come down to personal taste on the combat system and whether you like the characters or not.
    The lore is weird. Wtf is a Fal Cie, and why did they have to name it something so weird. Combat at least at the beginning is trash. Very linear. Not going to say its a bad game, but Its my least favorite out of all FF games.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not buying this if its more than 1 game. Unless it's cheap. If its 30 dollars X3 with no DLC, I will consider it, but not paying 180 dollars for this game. Either its 1 game, or I wait for the inevitable bundle in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Combat at least at the beginning is trash. Very linear.
    Yeah, they backloaded the combat too much, first two chapters are just autoattack spam, then you are playing few chapters with incomplete parties with very limited roles (it's especially bad with Sazh and Vanille being double ravagers because damage output is terrible and stagger drops quickly without COM). Combat itself has a good amount of depth, but you open it up only in chapter 9 out of 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why is turn based combat bad?

I would hate it if they really would turn FF7 into a live action combat system.
    Turn based combat isn't bad, But I have already played that. If I wanted a turn based combat I would just play the original release. Plus turn based combat just add's more time to a game then what is really needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They really nailed Cloud's look imo. The 2015 trailer left me a bit "meh", but all characters so far look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All I wanted is for FF7 to have actual action combat, Seems they are giving me that so ill likely be happy with it.

Providing they don't cut the game up into 3 parts like they talked about before.

I'm a really big FF7 fan and I'm looking forward to this, I'm just waiting to see how Square Enix fuck's it up.
    I'm 99% sure It's gonna get chopped into blocks. They are probably done, or almost done, with the first part because the teaser covers all the story from Midgar (You can see the boss from the sewers of Don Corneo and the Shinra building elevators) and they confirmed in their twitter that run up plans until launch are done, so it's probably going to be playable at e3 and release the first part this fall.

Also, who can't wait for this lol:

https://imgur.com/81Bbm6J

Would rather they kept the turn based battles.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    9 was so fucking boring. It was one of the worse in my opinions. Not that I need my player characters to be edge lords or anything, but man, the characters in 9 were so fucking cheesy, even for the FF series.
    I'm not a huge IX fan either, I'm more of a VIII, XII fan....but just hanging around a lot of communities online I can say that IX is considered the best by a huge number of people. It lands in tastes right between hipsters(VIII, XII) and traditionalists(VI) and mainstream(VII). I think Vivi and a few of those story sections stuck with people. Anyway, yeah it is really loved online for some reason, probably as much as VII in my anecdotal experience.

Now I'm not a huge fan of IX but that doesn't mean I think it is a bad game. I liked it okay, but it is not my go to Final Fantasy game by a big margin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    I mean, that's worse but ok.
    I prefer the Japanese VA usually. I find the quality is usually much better, I think they put more effort into VA in Japan because much of their entertainment requires it.

That being said, there are great english VA. The guy who plays Vegeta and All Might(Christopher Sabat) is a top guy. Johnny Yong Bosch is legendary. David Hater and Kevin Conroy are Snake and Batman, period. Ashly Burch was amazing as Aloy. The entire cast of My Hero Academy is pretty solid. It would be a sin not to mention Mark Hamill.

...but yeah most English VA sucks, but it is getting better slowly. Japanese VA are on another level imo, the best ones are like the USA's biggest stars acting quality.

The perfect example of this is the VA for XBC2. The English VA is cringe(imo) but the Japanese VA is like a high end movie in acting quality(especially Rex), and it really conveys the emotions of the characters well.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-05-10 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'm not a huge IX fan either, I'm more of a VIII, XII fan....but just hanging around a lot of communities online I can say that IX is considered the best by a huge number of people. It lands in tastes right between hipsters(VIII, XII) and traditionalists(VI) and mainstream(VII). I think Vivi and a few of those story sections stuck with people. Anyway, yeah it is really loved online for some reason, probably as much as VII in my anecdotal experience.

Now I'm not a huge fan of IX but that doesn't mean I think it is a bad game. I liked it okay, but it is not my go to Final Fantasy game by a big margin.
    I like IX because of its setting. I also think it's the only FF so far that has absolutely NO characters that I hate. It obviously has flaws, but after the shit junction/draw system of VIII I was glad that this one was more traditional. However the thing that makes IX so great in my opinion is the soundtrack. IMO it has some of the best OST in the entire franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...still-episodic

Ahhhh for fuck sake..... Was hoping this would be changed at least.

Although hope it's not 3 full priced £60 each episodes. £180 just to play FF7 HD is waaaaaayyyy too steep.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I like IX because of its setting. I also think it's the only FF so far that has absolutely NO characters that I hate. It obviously has flaws, but after the shit junction/draw system of VIII I was glad that this one was more traditional. However the thing that makes IX so great in my opinion is the soundtrack. IMO it has some of the best OST in the entire franchise.
    Yeah, FF9 had an awesome soundtrack. It also kind of ditched the futuristic setting that FF7 and FF8 had, which was nice. Not that I had anything against that theme (both FF7 and FF8 are in my top 10 all-time favorite games), but it was nice to get a change of scenery and a game that felt a little more like the older FF games.

I can't explain why, but FF10 completely turned me off to the series. I loved everything up to and including 9. Couldn't even complete 10 before I lost interest, and I haven't touched any FF games that came out after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 - replayed several times
    4 - replayed several times
    7 - replayed a couple times
    10 - replayed a couple times
    12 - struggled to finish it, did so on initial play through though
    15 - struggled to finish it, did so on initial play through though
    9 - really struggled to finish it, only after several attempts of playing it
    8 - never finished, was trash
    13 - never finished, was trash

Can't really give a legit order to most of the older stuff. Even though FF1 was one of my favorites when it first came out in 1990, hard to give it a real rating considering I was like 9 when it came out.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-05-10 at 04:08 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Now that's just shitty.
    I get the original was 3 discs but come on.... that was because of CD-ROM limitations.

What would have been cool for nostalgia purposes was the full game over 3 Blu Ray discs in the case however!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Although hope it's not 3 full priced £60 each episodes. £180 just to play FF7 HD is waaaaaayyyy too steep.
    That's kinda dumb, IMO. But I guess they want to get something to us sooner so it doesn't take like forever for the whole thing.

I figured that would be the case since all they have ever shown was the first two bombing missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    REALLY Hoping it'll be full price for the first "Episode" with the second an third released as DLC for a greatly reduced price (maybe even further, with a season pass). They CAN'T be expecting people to pay full price for three games, to play through one freakin story...

Unless they MASSIVELY expand the plot, and make it actually three games worth of content. Which they wont do...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

*snip*

Heres my take and opinion on the FFVII Remake Trailer. I also forgot to add that i hope they dont make the episodes all paid DLC as that would just be annoying but i really cant see SQUENIX making the game that way. Im interested and worried about the fact that they will be splitting the game into episodes..

Don't advertise. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-05-13 at 04:12 PM.

Judging by that UI in the trailer it seems it's gonna be a blend of 15s combat but with 7s traditional setup of "Attack, Magic, Summon" and whatnot as well as being able to control more than just Cloud.

So basically..... HYPE TIME.
    From what I can gather you'll have your main active attacks, one special ability, and then a command menu where you can link upto 4 items/materia/limit breaks.