Ouch, Sephiroth's and Barret's new voice actors. Aerith and Cloud sound ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The 15 team was the kh 1/2 team =/
    Takahashi had nothing to do with XV and he was the lead combat guy for KH2.

But not sure how much crossover there was between XV and KH1/2. XV was a BD2 project, KH1/2(and VIIR) are all BD1 projects.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-09 at 10:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Takahashi had nothing to do with XV and he was the lead combat guy for KH2.
    Nomura said the kh kyoto team was doing 15 and that was why osaka was doing kh3

Nomura said the kh kyoto team was doing 15 and that was why osaka was doing kh3
    Hard to know who ended up where when Square re-structured in 2013 tbh but Takahashi was working on Dissidia games since KH2FM and he was the lead combat guy. He's now the head combat guy on VIIR. From what I'm reading on twitter atm VIIR team seems to be a mix of KH1/2 and OG FFVII dev teams and it's definitely not being handled by BD2 who shipped XV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to know who ended up where when Square re-structured in 2013 tbh but Takahashi was working on Dissidia games since KH2FM and he was the lead combat guy. He's now the head combat guy on VIIR. From what I'm reading on twitter atm VIIR team seems to be a mix of KH1/2 and OG FFVII dev teams and it's definitely not being handled by BD2 who shipped XV.
    I mean trust me im excited since you know how much i love kh but we’ll have to see if they can capture lightning in a bottle again because aside from db/octopath their combat systems since have been meh at best.

I mean trust me im excited since you know how much i love kh but we’ll have to see if they can capture lightning in a bottle again because aside from db/octopath their combat systems since have been meh at best.
    Meh at best is an upgrade over XV if we're being honest lol, that short trailer already showed you have to actually hit buttons to attack and it has a coherent short cut setup so it's already a massive upgrade over XV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh at best is an upgrade over XV if we're being honest lol, that short trailer already showed you have to actually hit buttons to attack and it has a coherent short cut setup so it's already a massive upgrade over XV.
    Sure but i want a really deep combat system like 2fm and not something surface level like 3.

Sure but i want a really deep combat system like 2fm and not something surface level like 3.
    Well on the bright side of what we do know, it's not KH so it should be impossible for them to make the combat floaty AF like the modern KH games lol...

haven't checked out this thread until now..

But Barrett sounds like a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude..
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

15+ Year Old Account
    Well on the bright side of what we do know, it's not KH so it should be impossible for them to make the combat floaty AF like the modern KH games lol...
    Floatiness aside, its the lack of the good revenge value system with combat that compliments that. I hope theres mid fight character switching to set up combos. That would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm sure there will be a Japanese audio version for everyone that wants it. :P

https://youtu.be/6-GEmPzn0xc
    I mean, that's worse but ok.

Barret with Glasses (Barret is an idiot, not blade ffs) and more flash over substance combat.

/deep sigh.

All I wanted is for FF7 to have actual action combat, Seems they are giving me that so ill likely be happy with it.

Providing they don't cut the game up into 3 parts like they talked about before.

I'm a really big FF7 fan and I'm looking forward to this, I'm just waiting to see how Square Enix fuck's it up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

From the brief snippet of Barret gameplay, I can't tell if the player is aiming a reticle at the target, or if that's just what the character is locked on to for play commands. Was really hoping that there'd be more diversity in gameplay, like the timed hits FFVIII and XV DLCs experimented with. Imagine if Vincent played like he did in Dirge of Cerberus.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I got that from 15 seconds of footage?

Teleporting around with flashy spells against large robots.

FF15/Kingdom hearts 3 combat as most recent styled combat square have shitted out and lofted as greatest thing ever even though its garbo.

Yeah its pretty easy to tell where this is going we've done this dance a few times now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks okay actualy. I'm still pessimistic.

Ah, those times in which the designated good guys could start the game by a major terrorist attack with bombs.

Short of that, same problem as usual with Japanese games : Aeris looks gorgeois, Cloud looks like he is about to start a dance number with his boy bands.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-10 at 05:57 AM.

"Can you bare to see the planet suffer...cloud?"

I hope thats a very late game quote. Because sephiroth doesnt care about cloud. His focus is on discovering his own past and fulfilling his self proclaimed destiny

And hes quicker to mock Cloud about not knowing his own identity rather than spurring him into action.

Its Cloud who is chasing (actually being summoned to the reunion) him, not the other way around.

This kinda shit and Barret I hope the square workers actually remember the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "Can you bare to see the planet suffer...cloud?"

I hope thats a very late game quote. Because sephiroth doesnt care about cloud. His focus is on discovering his own past and fulfilling his self proclaimed destiny

And hes quicker to mock Cloud about not knowing his own identity rather than spurring him into action.

Its Cloud who is chasing (actually being summoned to the reunion) him, not the other way around.

This kinda shit and Barret I hope the square workers actually remember the game.
    JP one says "Our star will disappear, Cloud." Star presumably meaning planet.

I like what i've seen - though there's much more stuff that we need to know. I'm gonna wait for the PC port (hoping it doesn't take 10 years) and hope they don't go the "episodes" route, otherwise it's a pass until it comes with a great discount.

Because it's just a cash grab based on nostalgia. I like FF7 (though favourite was 6 hands down by a mile), and never actually liked X and following ones (though i want to play the XIII trilogy despite reading it's crap - hell i got it for free on Steam).

It's not even a matter of story/graphics/gameplay. It's literally a matter of "i don't want to spend too much on something i have enjoyed already, knowing most of the time i'll hope not to see too many changes in story, and especially paying 3x 60$ for a single game that's a remake".

EDIT: i know i'm gonna buy it. When is the question (for me).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.