Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    You are forgetting to cross the ethnicity data with the sex data. If you do that, you'll find that Women of any ethnicity are less likely to be violent than white men. Also, I'm still waiting to see the data you claim to have. You two are the ones claiming that white people are less prone to violence than other ethnicities, not me.
    Let me spell this for you. I'm not claiming any of that right wing nonsense. You are the one using the same fucking right wing logic because it applies to men. It's pure hypocrisy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764 << here. I'm not suggesting to fear foreingers looking people Sweden or any of that other nonsense. You are doing that yourself. My stance is people should be treated as induviduals. You can be wary of strangers, but to especially consider men as violent is equivalent to considering foreigners as dangerous. I'm absolutely baffled people are blind to this.

- - - Updated - - -

And how many of these rapists are men?
    How many percent of men are rapists?

You're missing a key word here. "Arrests"

I've called the police against an abusive wife, and all they did was show up and talk to us. No report or anything. How many times do you think cops just turn a blind eye to this sort of thing because it's a women doing it? There are judges that are quoted saying things like "if you were a man, I'd have you thrown in jail".

If "my data is there", then you admit men are, indeed, disproportionally violent. Why shouldn't a woman be wary then? To spare your feelings?
    It's not necessarily that men are disproportionately violent. The fact is we don't have accurate numbers. Why? Because men don't report it as much as women. Think about it. One of the stereotypes that men are attributed to is that they don't ask for help. They'd be seen as weak.

What is reported on is that women report it at a rate of 1 in 4, whereas men report it at the rate of 1 in 9. Who know how often a women is domestically assaulting their boyfriends/husbands and they don't report it.
    Last edited by urasim; 2019-05-14 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Let me spell this for you. I'm not claiming any of that right wing nonsense. You are the one using the same fucking right wing logic because it applies to men. It's pure hypocrisy. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45269764 << here. I'm not suggesting to fear foreingers looking people Sweden or any of that other nonsense. You are doing that yourself. My stance is people should be treated as induviduals. You can be wary of strangers, but to especially consider men as violent is equivalent to considering foreigners as dangerous. I'm absolutely baffled people are blind to this.
    That's only good, it's easy to point out then how the men of your own country fare compared to those foreign men. The own men aren't so bad after all when compared to the foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?
    What did he say that was incorrect? I'm guessing you failed to understand what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?
    Well? Can you also not see the similarity?

It's also not a science question. It's logic.

- - - Updated - - -

How many percent of men are rapists?
    That would be an interesting information to have. Considering that rape is a very underreported crime, I'd say that's even more reason for any smart women to be wary of men. Specially in the situation mentioned by the OP, where there is a risk of the man becoming violent after a rejection.

You also failed to mention that, in Sweden, each instance of rape is recorded individually by the police, so in a marital rape case, for example, a husband who rapes his wife frequently will have multiple counts of rape on his accusation. How many of these immigrant rapes were perpetrated against immigrant women?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rejection is what it is. As a grown man, I've dealt with it in stride. Take it as a learning experience, and be humble. It isn't hard. And trust me, I'm far from a good looking guy. You just have to respect other people's space, being friendly and cordial are important traits to have. Women respond more to guys who are respectful and compassionate than they do guys who think the only muscles that matter are their biceps and think with the one between their legs.

And how many of these rapists are men?

Don't get me wrong, I think islamic religion and it's theocratic culture is despicable. Much of it because it's treatment of women, LGBT people and other minorities. But you can't run from the fact that these are men raping, not women.
    Some countries don't even put women on trial for rape. Because it's in their law that women CAN'T rape. Like in the UK. The definition of rape is different for every country. So what your asking for is impossible to prove for many areas because of how corrupt the system is in favor of women.

So you'll pretty much only be accused of rape if you rape.
    Good to know. Now tell that to every man who got ever got falsely accused of rape. Not that long in Germany there has been a police report saying how about 10% of all rape claims are false. And I do mean FALSE, as in outright, malicious lies, not cases where there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction.

Also, your "it doesn't happen often, therefore it's not a problem" logic is somewhat dumb. I could reverse it again, and say that rapes don't happen often, therefore they are not a problem. But I won't.

And to borrow from your previous post, where you say men are disproportionately violent - I'm very curious how domestic violence statistic would look, if men actually started recognizing, and reporting it. I can safely say that pretty much every guy I knew in my life was getting abused by his gf/wife. Mostly it was psychological, a lot of putting him down for everything, a lot of manipulation, shit tests and stuff, but in quite many cases it was physical as well. Women know a man will never hit them back, so they feel emboldened. They know that even if they beat a guy to within an inch of his life, he very often won't do anything to protect himself, knowing it would only put him in more trouble once the police gets involved. With how biased police is thanks to bullshit Duluth Model, it's always the man who's automatically assumed to be the perpetrator in DV cases. But in real world, it's definitely not as one-sided as people (blindly) believe.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're missing a key word here. "Arrests"

I've called the police against an abusive wife, and all they did was show up and talk to us. No report or anything. How many times do you think cops just turn a blind eye to this sort of thing because it's a women doing it? There are judges that are quoted saying things like "if you were a man, I'd have you thrown in jail".

It's not necessarily that men are disproportionately violent. The fact is we don't have accurate numbers. Why? Because men don't report it as much as women. Think about it. One of the stereotypes that men are attributed to is that they don't ask for help. They'd be seen as weak.

What is reported on is that women report it at a rate of 1 in 4, whereas men report it at the rate of 1 in 9. Who know how often a women is domestically assaulting their boyfriends/husbands and they don't report it.
    Oh, so all the murders and larceny are just "underreported" when there's a female perpetrator too?

Are you honestly afraid of getting attacked by a woman if you reject her sexual advances? Or are you just playing devil's advocate?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Read the example given. She's wearing headphones and reading a book. This is not a person that is presenting any desire to engage in small talk, flirtation, etc. That doesn't mean you can't talk to women ever...it doesn't even mean you can't ever talk to this particular woman. In a different scenario...she might be more willing to engage with you... but at the present time...she seems to just want to be left alone.
    THIS THIS THIS.

and btw, also applies in reverse. if you are a woman (or a dude) who likes dudes and see a good looking one, reading a book with earphones on? they PROBABLY want to be alone and maybe don't bother them while they are reading and definitely take no for an answer if they go back to reading their book after you try to engage them.

I got better things to do than look for a relationship, and even if I do I can take rejection and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Good to know. Now tell that to every man who got ever got falsely accused of rape. Not that long in Germany there has been a police report saying how about 10% of all rape claims are false. And I do mean FALSE, as in outright, malicious lies, not cases where there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction.

Also, your "it doesn't happen often, therefore it's not a problem" logic is somewhat dumb. I could reverse it again, and say that rapes don't happen often, therefore they are not a problem. But I won't.

And to borrow from your previous post, where you say men are disproportionately violent - I'm very curious how domestic violence statistic would look, if men actually started recognizing, and reporting it. I can safely say that pretty much every guy I knew in my life was getting abused by his gf/wife. Mostly it was psychological, a lot of putting him down for everything, a lot of manipulation, shit tests and stuff, but in quite many cases it was physical as well. Women know a man will never hit them back, so they feel emboldened. They know that even if they beat a guy to within an inch of his life, he very often won't do anything to protect himself, knowing it would only put him in more trouble once the police gets involved. With how biased police is thanks to bullshit Duluth Model, it's always the man who's automatically assumed to be the perpetrator in DV cases. But in real world, it's definitely not as one-sided as people (blindly) believe.
    The difference, my friend, is that when women leave an abusive S.O., that's when he kills her. Women don't kill men who leave.

Also, "men will never hit back" is utter bullshit. Men hit women all the time. What reality do you live in?

Oh, so all the murders and larceny are just "underreported" when there's a female perpetrator too?
    No, that's insane. Stop to think about what you just said and what I said. You're clearly missing something. If you want me to explain it to you, I'll be happy to do so.

Are you honestly afraid of getting attacked by a woman if you reject her sexual advances? Or are you just playing devil's advocate?
    Everyone is afraid of getting attacked physically. Especially if there are signs that your partner is like that. Are you denying that women attack men?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    And if I'm in dire need of directions and she's the only one around, she better take off those headphones like a decent human being. If she's gonna act like an asshole, expect asshole behavior back.
    This culture lol. I mean, look at Tinder profiles. You see women write shit there that if it was written by a man would be considered maniac or rapist or a serial killer.
    But if you're a woman, it's fine.
    Double standards.
    Nobody's talking about not asking her for directions. This is more like telling her to pull out her headphones so you can tell her that "she'd be prettier if she smiled more" or some garbage like that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    THIS THIS THIS.

and btw, also applies in reverse. if you are a woman (or a dude) who likes dudes and see a good looking one, reading a book with earphones on? they PROBABLY want to be alone and maybe don't bother them while they are reading and definitely take no for an answer if they go back to reading their book after you try to engage them.
    I personally find it rather sad people start to become so distant out in the public even coming from culture where this was/is the norm. I blame the smart phones. I can't believe people don't bother looking at anything around them while walking because of those shits. No thanks I'll keep my dumb phone for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I have headphones on anytime I'm out and about. I'll happily engage with others who attempt to engage with me. If I'm reading a book with earbuds on and music blaring; feel free to chat with me.

Yeah, sure, don't be a dick and start wiling out because they turned you down, but there's no reason to infantalize other people. Just be aware you're probably going to irritate the other party a little bit because you're interrupting them, and don't be a dick if they're not interested. ezpz.
    For myself, if I'm doing that...I'm not interested in talking to some random person. I'd rather be left alone.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If you live in America, you should. When a woman does not respond, why do men pursue them? THey see them as objects. Freaking lunatics. I hope they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    THIS THIS THIS.

It absolutely applies in reverse. I am that dude with his headphones in and reading a book. I'd rather not be disturbed. I may not be the best looking dude in the world but I have had people tell me I should smile more when i'm sitting on the train. It's annoying.

I personally find it rather sad people start to become so distant out in the public even coming from culture where this was/is the norm. I blame the smart phones. I can't believe people don't bother looking at anything around them while walking because of those shits. No thanks I'll keep my dumb phone for the forseeable future.
    Yes darn those phones for people just wanting to be left alone in public! Darned phones making everyone distant and reading books... oh wait..

Seriously I wouldn't want to be bothered by random strangers when reading a book somewhere in public. I'd say it's common sense and rather a clear image someone does not want to deal with random banter at the moment.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2019-05-14 at 12:27 AM.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!