Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    need more details, did the companies lie about the side effects ? Did the Doc's know them and still prescribe them? Was the patient informed and still decided to take them? More than likely the fault lies in the first 2, more so if the Docs are getting kicked backs for scripts
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    I just went over it in the last post, since you didn't seem to understand it the first time. You still clearly don't, but I do find it funny that you project that to me instead.

Let's move on to the next point: In the same way corporations falsely advertise their products, do you think it would be just as OK (or just as not OK), for big law firms to advertise how murdering annoying neighbors is of great mental health benefit, and not even against the law (you know, flat out lying about it)? Just because it's up to individuals themselves to not trust advertisements, as you insist?
    Never said I that false advertising is ok. I said that I accept that it exists, so I make choices based on the knowledge that said advertisement may not be 100% factually true. I do not like that the hamburger on the billboard does not look EXACTLY like the one sold in the restaurant, but I am aware that it does not look exactly like it. Acceptance does not mean that I approve of it.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Purdue which is owned by a Canadian billionaire family, started the opioid epidemic in southern Ontario, from there it moved south into the US. I was at its center....

I saw people turning into thieves, drug psychosis, etc within a few weeks.

My place got robbed twice while I was studying, by newly addicted Oxy fiends.

Purdue did something... horrible....with every Medical professional from the US and Canada being guilty as well...

They were pushing drugs like fucking criminals.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Purdue which is owned by a Canadian billionaire family, started the opioid epidemic in southern Ontario, from there it moved south into the US. I was at its center....

I saw people turning into thieves, drug psychosis, etc within a few weeks.

My place got robbed twice while I was studying, by newly addicted Oxy fiends.

Purdue did something... horrible....with every Medical professional from the US and Canada being guilty as well...

They were pushing drugs like fucking criminals.
    Those Purdue executives standing on the corners offering oxy to passers by...
    I agree with the part about doctors being to blame though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Never said I that false advertising is ok. I said that I accept that it exists, so I make choices based on the knowledge that said advertisement may not be 100% factually true. I do not like that the hamburger on the billboard does not look EXACTLY like the one sold in the restaurant, but I am aware that it does not look exactly like it. Acceptance does not mean that I approve of it.

There's also a huge difference between making a Hamburger looking better then it is in an Advertisement vs lying about Smoking, Cancer, and Second Hand Smoke.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-05-18 at 02:52 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Notice how you avoided answering the question. I worded it so it was answerable as yes or no at the minimum. More if one wanted to, naturally. So, let's repeat the question: should it also be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Notice how you avoided answering the question. I worded it so it was answerable as yes or no at the minimum. More if one wanted to, naturally. So, let's repeat the question: should it also be acceptable?
    I do not think that big law firms should advertise that murdering is not against the law, no. I am pretty sure that would not be legal to advertise. BUT, if they did advertise that, I would not believe it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post

There's also a huge difference between making a Hamburger looking better then it is in an Advertisement vs lying about Smoking, Cancer, and Second Hand Smoke.
    I guess you are focusing on the fact that I am talking about myself in all this. What perspective can I provide other than my own? Obviously I am giving MY opinions on the topic, just like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Purdue executives standing on the corners offering oxy to passers by...
    I agree with the part about doctors being to blame though.
    Those Purdue executives....just before Oxycontin got released... were lobbying across Canada/US talking in Universities/Colleges to future Medical Professionals about Opioid use, and how useful it is, needed across the World. They were announcing that they will start producing Opioids en masse since "The Demand" will rise over the years. They also lobbied to expand the use of Opiods for other uses, which would make prescribing them allot easier.

All of these recommendations passed through within a few years later, making Opioids readily available to anyone at any age with your doctors approval.....

Fucking monsters.

Doctors and Pharmacists were simple drug pushers at that point.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”